Texas Hunting Forum

Latest TPWD drawings

Posted By: Palehorse

Latest TPWD drawings - 12/16/16 04:45 AM

They have posted the Dec 14th deadline drawings. Good luck all!
Posted By: Erny

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/16/16 02:18 PM

Nothing here.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/16/16 02:38 PM

Pending 2nd draw for me.... frown
Posted By: Ranch Dog

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/16/16 08:25 PM

Pending 2nd drawing = Nothing.
Posted By: samh

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/16/16 08:32 PM

Pending 2nd here also
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/16/16 09:24 PM

Got drawn for the Guided Scimitar-Horned Oryx Hunt at Mason Mountain. Any experience out there with advise, i.e.. is the meat good? 7mm with Barnes STTX partition adequate? Average weight of these bulls? Shot placement?,etc.

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/16/16 09:35 PM

Nice CR! Congratulations!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/16/16 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Cajun Raider
Got drawn for the Guided Scimitar-Horned Oryx Hunt at Mason Mountain. Any experience out there with advise, i.e.. is the meat good? 7mm with Barnes STTX partition adequate? Average weight of these bulls? Shot placement?,etc.

Congratulations. I'm "Pending second draw"on that.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/16/16 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Cajun Raider

Congrats, I am jealous.

The meat is excellent table fare.

Your 7 mag will be fine. The vitals on an oryx are a little forward and low compared to a whitetail.

I hope your going to mount it. It's one of my favorite mounts.

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/16/16 11:30 PM

Lucky! My buddy shot one a few years ago and had it made into sausage, it was pretty good.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/17/16 07:29 AM

Imagine my shock and awe last night when I received an email from TPWD saying "Congratulations", and that my application had been selected for a public land hunt. Like Cajun Raider above, I have drawn the guided scimitar-horned oryx hunt on Mason Mountain WMA. I have been applying for all the public hunts for over 25 years, since I lived and worked in Bay City and Matagorda, and had 11 points for this one. With 4000 : 1 odds, I usually just consider it a worthwhile donation to the Dept., and make my plans around going to the deer lease instead. I love looking at these beautiful animals, and have wanted to take one forever. I did pick up my permit, and talked to both Mark and Jeff at the office today. I can't wait for next month to get here, so excited.

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/17/16 02:28 PM

Congratulations!
Posted By: wtjim

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/18/16 08:55 AM

Congratulations y'all! Hunt rule says .270 or larger and minimum 150 grains. 7 mag will easily get it done. Call and book to stay in bunkhouse and I heard they oryx and gemsbok like cattle range cubes...Good luck and post pics.
Posted By: BuckAuger

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/18/16 12:37 PM

Congrats, they like corn as well, ate about 50#s of mine in 2 days. Have been there twice on other hunts, PM if you would like more details. Should be a slam dunk!
Posted By: Blank

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/18/16 10:37 PM

PM sent.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/20/16 06:47 AM

up

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/22/16 03:56 PM

Still Pending 2nd draw so there is still some hope!
Posted By: DHS274

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/24/16 01:12 AM

I was drawn for the Laguna Atascosa Nilgai hunt the end of January. Email came in on my birthday, and naturally I was out hunting, so I did not read the email right away. Excellent birthday surprise. I will be using my 308 with the 20" bull barrel, been hoping for a time I could use for more than fun at the range.
Posted By: El_Numero_Uno

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/30/16 03:49 AM

I'm "Pending second draw" on all three of them; guess that doesn't count for much?
Posted By: odwraca

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/30/16 04:37 PM

Got pulled for Laguna Nilgai!

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/30/16 04:45 PM

Sweet!

Still Pending 2nd Draw for me.
Posted By: fish4food

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 12/31/16 09:27 PM

Applied for 4 of the laguna nilgai hunts... pending second draw on each of them... didn't get picked on any

Maybe next year.

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 01/03/17 03:01 PM

As of this morning all my Pending 2nd draws are now not selected....sad face
Posted By: bossbowman

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 01/03/17 08:52 PM

ZERO
Posted By: Chunky Monkey

Re: Latest TPWD drawings - 01/04/17 02:04 AM

Congrats to everyone that won! I put in on 71 hunts this year and got a big fat zero! Almost that many last year too.

Oh well, always next year I guess. Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum