Texas Hunting Forum

Lake of the Pines

Posted By: Boudreaux

Lake of the Pines - 09/15/16 01:37 PM

Anyone duck hunt on LOP willing to give advice or maybe share a hunt this year, possibly even this weekend?
A close friend's family owns a marina on the North end, I'll be up there this weekend. Please PM me so that we don't start an open thread of lake naming goodness.

Note... I have all my own gear, boat, dog, deeks exc. just want some insight on the lake or hunt with someone.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Lake of the Pines - 09/15/16 02:47 PM

I used to hunt very far north end of lake and there were resident Bald Eagles. never failed someone would take a shot at an eagle (usually early light) and GW was always in the bush to politely provide them a souvenir piece of paper.
Posted By: Boudreaux

Re: Lake of the Pines - 09/16/16 12:29 PM

Wow..... how do you come close to misidentifying a bald eagle? or they just did it on purpose.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Lake of the Pines - 09/23/16 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Boudreaux
Wow..... how do you come close to misidentifying a bald eagle? or they just did it on purpose.

I never got over that close to them to find out but saw it happen on more than a few hunts and was usually very early at just legal shooting light. We would shoot our duck limits and then motor out & break out the poles and catch a crappie limit. We put in at a public ramp around Lonestar on far northend.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum