Texas Hunting Forum

Chapparal WMA Youth Doe Hunt

Posted By: Matagorda Mud Pig

Chapparal WMA Youth Doe Hunt - 09/08/16 06:06 PM

Looks like me and my little guy will get to hunt. Assigned compartment or blind, November 5&6. Any of yall hunted there before? Thanks for any help
Posted By: NewJeep

Re: Chapparal WMA Youth Doe Hunt - 09/08/16 06:27 PM

Great place, great staff and plenty of deer. Usually the staff will start feeding out corn a day or two in advance for the youth hunts.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Chapparal WMA Youth Doe Hunt - 09/09/16 02:26 AM

Congrats on the draw. You should have a blast. The hunting at the chap is some of the best public hunting in Texas has to offer.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Chapparal WMA Youth Doe Hunt - 09/09/16 02:29 AM

Oh when I hunt the chap i always corn heavily. It seems like the deer/Javalina there respond exceedingly well to Corning the senderos. The staff is real helpful and should help you on where to hunt in your assigned compartment.

Re: Chapparal WMA Youth Doe Hunt - 09/09/16 12:58 PM

Thanks so much y'all. I'm so excited.

Re: Chapparal WMA Youth Doe Hunt - 09/22/16 12:57 PM

Anybody else from here going to the Chap?
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Chapparal WMA Youth Doe Hunt - 09/22/16 01:51 PM

My son was drawn for the doe hunt in 2014. Great place but we didn't see much action at all. He did manage to shoot a doe on the last morning, but his shot was straight into the sun which was tough for the little guy. There were many deer/javelina taken, although I'm not sure what the overall success rate was. Overall it's a nice place and well run operation. Maybe you'll get lucky and see a warthog!

Re: Chapparal WMA Youth Doe Hunt - 09/22/16 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Erny
Oh when I hunt the chap i always corn heavily. It seems like the deer/Javalina there respond exceedingly well to Corning the senderos. The staff is real helpful and should help you on where to hunt in your assigned compartment.

^^^^^^ This

Re: Chapparal WMA Youth Doe Hunt - 09/22/16 01:53 PM

Also, the blinds are open-top without chairs (at least that was our experience), so you may want to bring a pop-up blind, definitely some chairs, and something to keep the elements off of you if you use the assigned blinds if there is a chance of rain.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum