Texas Hunting Forum

Duck Hunting With The AHP

Posted By: Brother Phil

Duck Hunting With The AHP - 09/04/16 04:33 AM

I am going to start scouting soon for the deer and duck season. Any suggestions for some duck hunting areas E or SE of Dallas that can be hunted without a boat?
Posted By: Indyoshi

Re: Duck Hunting With The AHP - 09/05/16 04:37 PM

Id check out areas vs google maps. Havent been that way, but here is a vid I did on scouting "online" for deer... you could do the same to find spots you can walk in for duck. https://youtu.be/wJkPQ3ePDqc
Posted By: rawToes

Re: Duck Hunting With The AHP - 09/06/16 04:42 PM

I was thinking of same thing. I've startled a lot of ducks off small ponds at 901S (Caddo Grasslands, Ladonia). I was thinking of just getting a stout fishing rod, throwing an old reel on it and tying on as big of a trebel hook as I can fit. Just cast out and snag the shot birds. Could cast clear over most of the ponds.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Duck Hunting With The AHP - 09/06/16 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: rawToes
I was thinking of same thing. I've startled a lot of ducks off small ponds at 901S (Caddo Grasslands, Ladonia). I was thinking of just getting a stout fishing rod, throwing an old reel on it and tying on as big of a trebel hook as I can fit. Just cast out and snag the shot birds. Could cast clear over most of the ponds.

Put a jitter bug on the end of the line, if you miss it work that top water and may hook up with a bass! Plus then you don't hve to worry about snagging stuff below the water.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum