Texas Hunting Forum

EXO 2nd drawing results?

Posted By: WileyCoyote

EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/26/16 05:51 PM

Anybody heard anything about the results in EXO on the 2nd Pending Status? I'm down on trying to get on South Llano River SP for the umpteenth time again...got umm 17 LP's in EXO...been a while since I scored.

Went back thru the Still Open App's and put in for another batch in GDA, GDE & GDM with 9/20 or later App Closing dates. Be cheaper to just mail TPW a donation every year...but not as much fun.
Ron
Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/26/16 06:08 PM

Im still pending second draw as well in Exotics.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/27/16 02:46 AM

No change to mine either. Still says pending 2nd draw. popcorn

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/27/16 10:34 AM

IMO longer than usual odds for sure, and only the digital way for TPW to avoid as much as possible the StandBy straw drawings at the gate, and resolve more efficiently capturing the Permit revenue stream.

I'm told that local TPW Officers have no way to "bank" the Hunt Fee's taken at the gate from StandBy Hunters, as well as avoid the possible Hot Check issues, and it's a real PIA to move those funds to Austin in a safe timely manner.

Sounds like Sumbody needs a dedicated CC reader on an I Phone at the Gate and speed this backarsed convoluted process up a bit...Just Sayin' woot
Ron
Posted By: Chunky Monkey

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/27/16 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: NDN98
No change to mine either. Still says pending 2nd draw. popcorn
Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/29/16 12:25 PM

Looks like they updated EXO second drawing this morning.

Goose egg for me.

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/29/16 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobbaganoosh
Goose egg for me.

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/29/16 03:22 PM

Well about what I expected, especially at SLRSP....even with 17 LP's supposedly working for me....and now 18 LP's in EXO ....whenever TPW gets around to updating the LP File. Wonder if I could get a refund on my App Fee's when I hit ummm 20 or 25 LP's in a given Category ??

However...ya doan't catch no fish without a hook in the water ...
Cheers
Ron
Posted By: txseadog

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/30/16 12:53 AM

Another point for me as well. I only had 7 so I'm not as picky as Wiley and put in for 5..
Posted By: 12shotgun

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/30/16 02:03 AM

Skunked
Posted By: NDN98

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/30/16 03:15 AM

nada for me
Posted By: wtjim

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/30/16 08:02 AM

there's always next year

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/30/16 01:06 PM

FWIW, in years past the EXO is always sold out and Hunt Fee's paid at Garner, but the GDA Hunt has had a history No Pays, - what the 2nd drawing is designed to cure - but has always had StandBy's available that allows Axis as part of the harvest.

I don't like the way the Hunt is managed, BTDT one time and won't go again for any of the Hunts, TMI for here but PM me for my experience 6 years ago that I'm sure is still the SOP...but it is there for the guys that want to chase that opportunity. Call the SP and find the Hunt Manager/Biologist for details. If you go it is best to plan on camping at the SP. Uvalde is the nearest town of any size and services at 30-45 minutes south.

You need to Understand...Garner is primarliy mananged for tourists, as it is one of the top 2-3 SP destinations in the System and hyper busy with snowbirds all winter...georgeous country with several other non hunting SP's within driving distance...and well worth planning off season visits at on the Gotta Go See Bucket List.
Ron

Re: EXO 2nd drawing results? - 08/31/16 03:11 AM

Dang it! Why do I keep finding myself checking these pending 2nd draws???
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum