Texas Hunting Forum

Enchanted Rock Deer Hunt

Posted By: NoLa

Enchanted Rock Deer Hunt - 01/06/16 08:17 PM

Tried to get in touch with the hunt director a few time but kept missing him so I was hoping there was someone here that could help.

Enchanted Rock is assigned blinds and I'm wondering if the blinds are large enough for two people. My fiancé and I both drew deer tags for the hunt next week and this is her first deer hunt.

If anyone has hunted there, I would appreciate any information.

Thanks!
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Enchanted Rock Deer Hunt - 01/06/16 09:38 PM

They have removed the permanent blinds and they now set up popup blinds that are about 8x8. Two people can squeeze in but it will be snug. Bring small chairs.

Good luck!
Posted By: Erny

Re: Enchanted Rock Deer Hunt - 01/06/16 10:00 PM

Good luck on the hunt. There was a thread here a few months ago on deer hunts at enchanted rock. There was quite a bit of information in that thread as I recall.
Posted By: Bownhead

Re: Enchanted Rock Deer Hunt - 01/07/16 06:37 PM

NoLa I'll be out there as well. Unfortunatly I have never hunted there, but should be fun.
Posted By: ChickenFried

Re: Enchanted Rock Deer Hunt - 01/08/16 09:22 PM

My son and I hunted there in December 2014. My son got his first deer, a nice young Axis buck. It was the only exotic on our hunt, and was roughly twice the body size of my spike, and the other whitetail I saw. I really could not have asked for a better hunt for my son's "First Deer".

Gary was the the Hunt Master for our hunt - Super-nice guy (as were the park officer, and all of the other folks). If I remember correctly, they will let you pick your stand, but since I had the only kiddo with me, and we both had permits,and would be hunting together, Gary recommended a spot for us - close to the campgrounds.

The stands were Pop-ups. The whitetail seemed to notice them pretty quickly, and didn't like them... be ready to shoot. We were able to put out corn, which helped. I scattered a bunch "around the edges" and they'd graze on that, but once they got out in front of us, they'd notice the blind, and wander off pretty quickly.

Best of Luck!!!

And here's a picture.... yep, I'm still showing it to everyone I can

Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Enchanted Rock Deer Hunt - 01/08/16 11:19 PM

Great job on a nice Axis. Looks like it is horse size! Glad to see the youth hunt success. Tell him belated congrats. cheers
Posted By: Ungawa

Re: Enchanted Rock Deer Hunt - 01/20/16 07:23 PM

Awesome job on the axis. He will remember that for the rest of his life.

They have a great group of park staff out there, I hunt the bow hunt in 2014, had a great time.
Posted By: WillEng

Re: Enchanted Rock Deer Hunt - 01/26/16 09:45 PM

Love Enchanted Rock, I was up there this past weekend Hiking and helping run a few climbing sites with my Scout Troop.

Do you have the link to enter the draw for this upcoming season?

Thanks!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum