Texas Hunting Forum

hog hunt

Posted By: eddie4529

hog hunt - 12/06/15 12:58 AM

My dad brothers and i want to go on a hog hunt, is there any public land near dfw we can go to, heard about caddo grasslands are rifles allowed there or would it be shotgun only
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: hog hunt - 12/06/15 04:30 AM

Have you got the $48.00 permit ? Think theirs one ya don't need the permit, not real sure... send a pm ta one of the moderators, they can give ya more info... flag

Re: hog hunt - 12/07/15 06:58 PM

No but i could certainly pay for it, does caddo allow centerfire?
Posted By: Indyoshi

Re: hog hunt - 12/07/15 10:37 PM

Go to tpwd.org and look at public hunting. There are maps of each place and a legend with specific requirements on each area. Youll need the public permit. Some are shotgun only... some can use any legal means per the outdoor annual.
Posted By: TXGH

Re: hog hunt - 12/25/15 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: eddie4529
My dad brothers and i want to go on a hog hunt, is there any public land near dfw we can go to, heard about caddo grasslands are rifles allowed there or would it be shotgun only

Check Out Lake Bardwell - IT is army corps land and no permit required from the Army corp for that land. SHotgun and bow only.. Have some good hog hunting there on the north side of the lake. WHen I lived int hat area that is where I used to go for hogs and waterfowl.

Re: hog hunt - 04/09/16 07:58 PM

Anybody got some more info on public hog hunts or somebody going out to public land that I can tag along with ?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum