Texas Hunting Forum

Caddo/LBJ National Grassland

Posted By: Ed Lingenfelter

Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 02:22 AM

Anyone ever hunt turkey in these areas?

Posted By: txhunter24

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 02:44 AM

I have not but I hear there are alot in that area. It would be worth a shot imo.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 03:07 AM

Well I that is pretty close for me and of course it is cheaper. I think I will give it a shot in the spring. I will let everyone know

Posted By: Big Tony

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 03:28 AM

Ed, is this the place in Fannin County?

Posted By: Braleyoutdoors

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 03:35 AM

I live bout 15 min south of the grasslands. i have seen a lot of turkeys in there while deer hunting, but everytime ive turkey hunted in the spring...no luck. I have heard them gobble everytime though. They are there, but you gotta catch em at the right time, and be in the right place. Which gate are you plannin on hunting?

Posted By: Koenig

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 05:17 AM

Quote:

I live bout 15 min south of the grasslands. i have seen a lot of turkeys in there while deer hunting, but everytime ive turkey hunted in the spring...no luck. I have heard them gobble everytime though. They are there, but you gotta catch em at the right time, and be in the right place. Which gate are you plannin on hunting?

Are you talking about Caddo or LBJ?

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 05:22 AM

That's what I wanna know.

Posted By: spudmonkey

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 05:58 AM

I went last year twice and saw about 10-15, but I saw them while driving or right after I put the gun up in the truck. I'll be back this spring.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 05:16 PM

Part of it is around North of Decatur and part over around Sherman

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 05:19 PM

I do not know anything about the area actually. I plan to head up that way in a couple weeks and see what I have to do and scout some. Do I just need a Hunting License and Public land permit?

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 05:21 PM

I am most interested in Caddo but for me either area is fine.

Posted By: spudmonkey

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 06:27 PM

All you need is your hunting license and o stop by the main office to get get a permit.

Posted By: Koenig

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 07:11 PM

I have never hunted LBJ but Caddo many times. I honestly have never seen turkey at Caddo. Im gonna try to get a turkey at LBJ this spring though.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 07:18 PM

I hunted around Coffee Mill Lake for several years before I started paying for a private lease. That place was awesome.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/09 11:27 PM

Was it at Caddo or LBJ you saw 10 or 15

Posted By: redonthehead

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/22/09 06:27 AM

Caddo Nat'l grasslands is in Fannin Co., LBJ is around Decatur. Don't know a lot about either, but I have a friend that hunts Caddo, has killed some very nice birds. This guy knows his stuff though, he tells me that you have to get back in the woods deep away from activity from other hunters. These turkey's are eastern and are much harder to hunt than the rio's. I hunted in Oklahoma last year for eastern's and felt like a newbee, lot harder to convence. Remember if you hunt this land you need to purchase a type two licence and if you are sucessful you have to go to a check station with your bird.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/23/09 06:47 AM

Ed, try and hook up with braleyoutdoors. He lives very close to this place ang I bet he can show you some places. Just a guess. braley I aint tryin to hang you out!

Posted By: bigbuckboy

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/24/09 03:01 AM

im going to start scouting in a couple weeks i will let every one know

Posted By: Braleyoutdoors

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/24/09 06:08 AM

let me know i can show you where ive seen the most birds.

Posted By: Skinner0_2

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/24/09 07:12 AM

At LBJ get a map of the grasslands and concentrate as close to montague as you can. The Northern parts of LBJ seem to produce the numbers, but get used to idiots on horseback as they have trails all through there. Ive had em ride right through a set up and look at me like Im nuts. Ive also had good luck just outside of Alvord close to Ball Knob Hill. Hit em early and get serious as they get call shy quick with all the wanta be knight and hales trompin around throwin everything but the kitchen sink at em. Dont beleive every gobble you hear either, i had a turkey gobblin at me but hung up. I stalked closer and closer to him and it ended up being a dude leaned against a tree with a gobble call that you shake. He never saw me.Skinner

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 02/05/09 10:46 PM

Quote:

At LBJ get a map of the grasslands and concentrate as close to montague as you can. The Northern parts of LBJ seem to produce the numbers, but get used to idiots on horseback as they have trails all through there. Ive had em ride right through a set up and look at me like Im nuts. Ive also had good luck just outside of Alvord close to Ball Knob Hill. Hit em early and get serious as they get call shy quick with all the wanta be knight and hales trompin around throwin everything but the kitchen sink at em. Dont beleive every gobble you hear either, i had a turkey gobblin at me but hung up. I stalked closer and closer to him and it ended up being a dude leaned against a tree with a gobble call that you shake. He never saw me.Skinner

I did order a map and I will take your advice. Thanks

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 02/05/09 10:47 PM

Quote:

let me know i can show you where ive seen the most birds.

I will probably go in a few days I have a map now do you know the areas by number in case we cannot hook up.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 02/26/09 04:31 PM

Well I got up in LBJ on Monday and had a great day getting familiar with the area. Planning on heading up again and do some calling prior to the season. The folks at the headquarters were very nice and helpful. Saw alot of deer sign especially around that windmill near Ball Knob hill. I really loved the area. I have not hunting in a few years since my Dad died but it was great to be in the woods again and see how much he had taught me came back to my mind. I am anxious to share the experience with my sons (22 & 18. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the help and advice.

Posted By: B-Ran

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 02/26/09 06:54 PM

I've heard of quite a few people going to LBJ to take turkey. I've got a buddy who also has land near there in Decatur, and they get birds all the time. I've never been personally, just thought I'd let you know what I've heard, hope it helps! Over duck season on Lake Ray Roberts I heard quite a few turkey every morning by one of my favorite spots... I need to check my book and see if that area is open to turkey hunting. hmmmmmm

Posted By: patoselsupremo

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/10/09 02:22 AM

This is all I am going to say as I have hunted both with limited success: DO NOT USE A GOBBLE CALL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, at the least you will bring other hunters to you regardless of how deep in to the woods you go and surely I don't need to point out the danger of getting shot, especially if using decoys.

It will be crowded on weekends, however there are decent populations on both. You will be hunting Rio's on LBJ and Easterns on Caddo.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/11/09 05:02 PM

Thanks for the advice. We are looking forward to giving the area a try. Fortunately we live close enough that making a couple of trip during the season will be possible. We are going to scout again next weekend and I have weekdays off so I can possibly miss the crowd after the first weekend.

Posted By: remgenesis

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/13/09 04:24 AM

I'v hunted the grasslands, and all you need is your hunting licens. There are a lot of turkey up there so do your scouting and get there early. good luck

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/13/09 04:45 AM

When I hunted there I had to have a permit. I'm glad I did, I watched a dude get a ticket for not having it.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/13/09 06:01 AM

the grasslands in decatur?

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/13/09 06:04 AM

You need the APH for caddo but not LBJ, unless something has changed.

Posted By: jodster

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/13/09 06:19 AM

Quote:

You need the APH for caddo but not LBJ, unless something has changed.

+1

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/13/09 06:21 AM

Sorry, I meant Caddo.

Posted By: Skinner0_2

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/13/09 06:59 AM

Quote:

Well I got up in LBJ on Monday and had a great day getting familiar with the area. Planning on heading up again and do some calling prior to the season. The folks at the headquarters were very nice and helpful. Saw alot of deer sign especially around that windmill near Ball Knob hill. I really loved the area. I have not hunting in a few years since my Dad died but it was great to be in the woods again and see how much he had taught me came back to my mind. I am anxious to share the experience with my sons (22 & 18. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the help and advice.

Yah the deer tracks give you the idea that the place is crawling with deer. That tank at Ball Knob used to stay full of water. If your standing at the water tank and you turn toward the two hills, thats a good place to find arrow heads. Another good place to key in on is the safety zone close to Black Creek Lake. There is LBJ land around its borders and the turkeys like the piney areas in there. Last bit of info, once you see your bird coming, asuming you have a decoy and he sees it, hang it up. The more he gobbles, the more attention he will atract from desperate hunters. Target shooting will cost you $150 if you get caught, so sight in before you go. Dont ask me how i found that out. Skinner

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/19/09 04:38 PM

I was up in LBJ on Monday mid Morning. Covered alot of ground. I did see one Tom close to the big lake. Lots of horse traffic. A couple of riders scared him up and when he took off I thought they were going to die. Headed back up to check out a couple more areas. When back in Ball Knob hill area. I think there maybe some hogs in there. Found and area where it looked like they were rooting around. I keep my gun in the trunk except for the one I carry all the time. Good hunting folks

Posted By: MidlothianFisherDad

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/23/09 06:23 PM

Went up to scout on Sunday. We were all over unit 31, I believe (can't remember, but it's the largest area on the map). Saw two doe, a coyote, a roadrunner, a cotton tail bunny, and heard at least one gobbler, maybe two, but didn't see any turkey. Lots of feral pig tracks (along with coyote, deer, and raccoons) near all the water holes we found, but now turkey tracks. Can't seem to figure out where the turkeys are, but it was a good day for a walk about.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/24/09 11:26 PM

Quote:

Went up to scout on Sunday. We were all over unit 31, I believe (can't remember, but it's the largest area on the map). Saw two doe, a coyote, a roadrunner, a cotton tail bunny, and heard at least one gobbler, maybe two, but didn't see any turkey. Lots of feral pig tracks (along with coyote, deer, and raccoons) near all the water holes we found, but now turkey tracks. Can't seem to figure out where the turkeys are, but it was a good day for a walk about.

I was there on Saturday and saw more people than animals. They were having a crosscountry race right through the areas I was scouting. Did see some sign in a couple areas? Looking forward to two weeks. Hope the race is over

Posted By: MACSTAR100

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/26/09 10:37 PM

Ive never been there. I ve only been in Texas for a year of so. I have researched the Bois D' Arc unit and Ladonia unit but I didn't know anything about the LBJ thing. I plan to go though. Where can I get more info on it? How many acres is it?

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/27/09 04:06 PM

Quote:

Ive never been there. I ve only been in Texas for a year of so. I have researched the Bois D' Arc unit and Ladonia unit but I didn't know anything about the LBJ thing. I plan to go though. Where can I get more info on it? How many acres is it?

Here is the link: http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/texas/recreation/caddo_lbj/caddo-lbj_gen_info.shtml

The best thing to do is order a map I like the area. We are heading up Saturday to scout again with my son. Expect to be there when the season opens.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/30/09 03:34 PM

Well I think the youth hunt went well for a couple of folks in LBJ on Saturday. We went to scout and the truck parked beside us had two young Toms in the back. Last we saw a Dad and son across the field from us and we saw another team in their blind. It was great to see a Dad and son out in the woods together. Too many Dads never spend anytime with their Dad. No better place to spend time with your kid than on a hunt even if the kid is 22 like mine is. Way to go DADS

Posted By: MidlothianFisherDad

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/30/09 10:09 PM

Thanks for the report, Ed. I think sometimes, perhaps understandably, there are too many folks who don't want to share ANY information with other hunters. I understand someone wanting to protect "his" spot, but it's public land. There's no such thing as "my spot" out there.

Posted By: Lga043

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/01/09 06:13 AM

I used to hunt LBJ a lot, there was quiet a few turkeys, and not many hunters, this was back in the 80's. Now there is a lot of people, and if you are calling, be careful because I have called in several hunters. A friend of mine was calling with a decoy out in front of him, this was about 5 years ago, and he decided to let out a gobble, and got shot in the back. He went to the hospital in Decature and they picked shot out of his back, arms, and hand. I am not trying to scare you away from hunting, I just want you to know what it is like over there. And no you do not need a permit for LBJ by Decature, but you do need one for Caddo.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/01/09 03:28 PM

Thanks alot. A couple of things we have figured. 1 probably need alot of orange walking in. 2. Know the surroundings. 3. Do not Gobble. 4. Make sure your up against a really big tree. I have seen a little combat so maybe this will be nicer. So if any of you are up on LBJ look before you shoot. Make sure you know what the heck your shooting at. Just because it is short and fat does not mean it is a turkey. It could be me

Posted By: cable

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/01/09 08:08 PM

Quote:

I've heard of quite a few people going to LBJ to take turkey. I've got a buddy who also has land near there in Decatur, and they get birds all the time. I've never been personally, just thought I'd let you know what I've heard, hope it helps! Over duck season on Lake Ray Roberts I heard quite a few turkey every morning by one of my favorite spots... I need to check my book and see if that area is open to turkey hunting. hmmmmmm

No dice on Ray Bob. I ran into a group of 20+ after a skunk one morning. Glad I didn't cap one, I was unsure of whether or not you could take them on Ray Bob. I sure did want to though . Turkeys are pretty dumb during the fall season.

Posted By: B-Ran

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/01/09 09:53 PM

That sucks... there goes my potential turkey hunting for this season!

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/06/09 04:55 PM

Well it was pretty windy but my son and I had a great time. It was not over crowded with hunters. Everyone we spoke to in camp was having the same luck. We got alot of responses to calls on Friday night, but once season started the wind picked up and it was very difficult to here the birds or I expect the birds to here us. We had a great time on our first hunt together. We plan on heading up there a few more times. We have a pretty good idea where some birds are and we are going to keep learning and working. I guess that is why they call it hunting.

Posted By: DucKoda

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/07/09 12:42 AM

hunting is going to be even harder now that they are burning 10k acres of the grasslands, even the camp sights have been burned. just a heads up if your planning on going there turkey hunting. they just started this last monday and there were still fence posts burning on the side of the road right outside of coffee mill saturday.

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/07/09 12:49 AM

Quote:

[No dice on Ray Bob. I ran into a group of 20+ after a skunk one morning. Glad I didn't cap one, I was unsure of whether or not you could take them on Ray Bob.

It is ILLEGAL to hunt Turkey on Ray Bob.

Posted By: kdub

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/07/09 01:07 AM

^^^^^Ive seen them at raybob too many times, raybob frustrastes me in that you can hunt deer and turkey in the counties the lake is on, but not on the wma

Posted By: poloski

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/23/09 11:11 PM

Anybody having success at LBJ so far??

Posted By: Lga043

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/24/09 06:20 AM

I went last week, it was my 5th trip of the season, and I finally heard a gobbler, he was on private land and I tried to call him across the road, but another hunter saw him and stopped to watch him, needless to say, he didn't cross the road!!!

Posted By: poloski

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/25/09 02:15 AM

That sucks. My buddy went over there and killed 4 in 2 days. I am coming from Mississippi for the last week, looking forward to a slaughter!

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/27/09 08:22 PM

We have been out several times in a few areas and just cannot get the birds to come in. We have another day we can go before the season ends. Going to Indiana this week and see what I can do up there. Probably will just call some on our farm up there. License is very expensive there $120.00 for one tag.

Posted By: txhunter92

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 05/04/09 05:29 AM

i am totally new to hunting public land. are there specified camping areas, or can you camp anywhere? thanks

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/14/10 03:03 PM

it is based on where you are hunting. When you get your Annual public hunting permit you will also get a rather large booklet that has maps of almost all of the public land in Texas. There you will see what you can hunt, what you can use, where you can camp etc. Also I would check with the specific area.

Posted By: wayne huggins

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/20/10 03:22 PM

WAS OUT CLOSE TO BETHAL BABTIST CHURCH TWICE THIS LAST WEEK AND SPOTTED A GROUP OF 20-25 GRAZING DOWN A SLOPE.

Posted By: paul_tx

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/21/10 02:51 AM

I was deer hunting at LBJ the last week of December and saw a ton of turkey tracks in the snow. Can't wait to get back out there and scout out the area again. It was about 1 1/2 miles into the unit in a heavily wood area. Seems pretty promising.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/30/10 04:35 AM

easy guys! all those birds you are seeing will be gone in a few weeks! they are winter flocks that are drawn to the cattle farms near the church. once the flocks break up and the spring bugs come out? FORGET IT! I have been hunting the LBJ grasslands for 10 years and have killed 1 jake!!!! The birds are conditioned to leave public land and head for LOW PRESSURE private lands that surround the grasslands..... not to mention the fact that there are dozens of idiots up there every weekend starting in February scratching and calling on every single type of turkey call you can think of so by the time opening day comes the Toms will not respond to your calls no matter what you do!Oh and just so you know? there will probably be around 150-200 hunters scrambling to find birds on every single sections of the LBJ come opening day! so have fun out there where your hunters orange and be safe!

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/30/10 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By: paul_tx
I was deer hunting at LBJ the last week of December and saw a ton of turkey tracks in the snow. Can't wait to get back out there and scout out the area again. It was about 1 1/2 miles into the unit in a heavily wood area. Seems pretty promising.
LOL laugh i bet i know where your hunting and your wasting your time trust me!

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/30/10 04:51 AM

FH seems we have walked the same trails

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/30/10 04:52 AM

I am sure we have! laugh

Posted By: paul_tx

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/30/10 06:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Frustrated Hunter

Thanks for the encouragement Frustrated, LOL.
I don't think we are talking same area. I would still rather be sitting outside for hours than inside.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/30/10 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Frustrated Hunter

Thanks for the encouragement Frustrated, LOL.
I don't think we are talking same area. I would still rather be sitting outside for hours than inside.

Oh I bet I know exactly where you are talking about laugh and remember the "TON" of turkey tracks you saw could have been made but as few as 3-4 birds laugh

Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 01/30/10 02:59 PM

I went once off season and saw a flock of about 80, so I went back during season, set up and called. I got a lot of gobbles some very close, from about 5 different directions. I sat and called for probably an hour and none came in.

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 02/09/10 05:31 PM

Like I said WAY TO MANY HUNTERS calling WAY TO EARLY in the year! that's what screws up all the birds! I am trying to talk private land owner into letting me hunt his pasture this spring that borders the LBJ lands I have seen birds strutting his place for years and the birds know that they will not be hunted when on his land! wish me luck! laugh

Posted By: bowassin

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 02/12/10 11:47 AM

LBJ GRASSLANDS GET A MAP AT THE OFFICE HEADQUARTERS GO TO UNIT 11 TAKE THE ROAD BACK ABOUT 200 YDS FROM THE GATE YOU WILL SEE A BURLAP BLIND TO YOUR RIGHT SET UP BETWEEN 2 TREES....THE TURKEY MOVE THROUGH THIS AREA EARLY MORN...AND LATE EVENING I HAVE SEEN 10-15 MOVING THROUGH THIS AREA

Posted By: tjGreg

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/25/15 12:42 AM

Bringing this thread back. Any new info?
Posted By: Dirtsaver

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/27/15 12:34 AM

I was at LBJ this morning between Parcel 1 & 3 and saw a big tom and about 10 hens off the road. As usual it was on private land. I have never been up to these two parcels so I checked them out for a minute. I did not see any turkey tracks on either parcel, but I did see deer tracks on 1, and I guess parcel 3 is where they let you target shoot because there was about a thousand empty shotgun shells out there.

I know most people on here don't want to share where the turkey are at on these public lands since you should put in your own time, but I'm open to hearing about where you didn't find turkey on LBJ.
Posted By: Topshot

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/30/15 04:11 PM

I heard turkey out there while deer hunting last fall. I may get up there this spring to see if they are still hanging out in that area.
Posted By: Tjack28

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/31/15 05:46 AM

My little buddy JD took these two with one shot at LBJ this past weekend

Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/31/15 12:43 PM

clap clap clap

Good job,

Gman
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/31/15 04:08 PM

Nice birds!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 03/31/15 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Tjack28

cheers coolpics lot of people looking for good place ta hunt. Started posting WMA for hog hunts, rofl might not be best way ta make friends though. Given out several invites. Theirs big difference whin ya gotta drag, or tout in & out. Whin they opened half up ta ATV's, figured it would be covered up. Most didnt like the rules, were helmet, regester ATV, think had ta take corse also. not many showed up. My favoret line whin asked were ya see em, in de woods rofl being problely lowest income on here, can understand poor folks looken for place ta hunt. Edit: WMA that talking about that opened up half for ATV, is differrent WMA flag
Posted By: Booner1

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/01/15 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Tjack28

Congrats to JD, this will be my second year chasing my first spring tom at LBJ. Last year I hunted a lot of days with no success. I guess I never found that sweet spot.
Posted By: SpawnofChesty

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/22/15 01:26 AM

cheers
Posted By: fowlslayer11

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/27/15 05:47 AM

Completely off top question that has to do with the Caddo Grasslands.

Does anybody know how far Pintail Farms is from them?
Posted By: billygoat

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/28/15 01:41 AM

A few miles
Posted By: fowlslayer11

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/28/15 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: billygoat
A few miles

I'm guessing the land that Pintail Farms hunts is a couple miles from the Grasslands then. Just wondering how the public waterfowl hunting would be on the Grasslands. Haven't made it that far up north for a public hunt before.
Posted By: 243 WSSM

Re: Caddo/LBJ National Grassland - 04/28/15 05:29 AM

It sux.Both lakes there are roost lakes. Every duck Flys off 15min before shooting hrs. No feed for them there. They don't return until dark and you can't hunt past noon. If you don't believe me go take a trip up there. Waste of time. If you have $6k you can hunt pintail farms every wkend
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum