Texas Hunting Forum

New Computer System for Public Huntings

Posted By: Chunky Monkey

New Computer System for Public Huntings - 12/04/14 06:20 PM

Does anyone else not like the new rules this year where you can apply for multiple hunts in each category?

I have been doing public hunts for 7 years now and I have been picked every year for a hunt. This is my first year to not be picked and I put in on more hunts this year than ever before.

I understand why TPWD made this new rule (mo money!) but I feel it has diminished my odds and that this is the reason why I have not yet been selected.

Although, I do like the new computer system. It is easy and convenient.

Anybody else feel this way or otherwise?
Posted By: Harrier

Re: New Computer System for Public Huntings - 12/04/14 08:04 PM

Getting drawn each year for seven years is pretty impressive. There are some guys on here who have been entering for more years than that and have never been drawn. I like the new online system because it's more convenient, but I agree that allowing multiple hunt entries makes the odds a little steeper.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: New Computer System for Public Huntings - 12/04/14 08:26 PM

I wonder if these first couple of years with the new system may knock out a higher percentage of guys that had lots of points due to the multiple entry options. It may level out some in two or three years.

There certainly were a lot of us with several points. If I had put in for half a dozen deer hunts instead of just the chap and did not have low point hunt partners on my entry, I bet my 20 something points would have easily drawn this year.
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: New Computer System for Public Huntings - 12/04/14 11:43 PM

I don't really have a problem with the new system so far. Putting in for multiple hunts is good for me personally. I have a lot of points in a lot of categories and it paid off in getting drawn for the alligator hunt. Now if I can just draw that bighorn tag!
Posted By: Shawheel

Re: New Computer System for Public Huntings - 12/05/14 02:20 AM

I didn't get picked in the old system, didn't get picked in the new system. This one's easier, though.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum