Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone hunting on public land in the hunt county/greenville area

Posted By: BigTx

Anyone hunting on public land in the hunt county/greenville area - 09/13/14 02:26 AM

Finally able to get out and do some dove hunting. Just curious if anyone's seen any birds out in the Greenville area?
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Anyone hunting on public land in the hunt county/greenville area - 09/13/14 03:12 AM

been 15 years or so for dove hunts around their. was a dry year, not many doves. this year little weter, so may be good, best wishes flag

Re: Anyone hunting on public land in the hunt county/greenville area - 09/13/14 03:25 AM

Thanks Colt. Its been a couple of years since ive been able to get out there. Gonna try and get out in the morning and see what i can find.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Anyone hunting on public land in the hunt county/greenville area - 09/13/14 03:18 PM

If ya don'tsee many birds after the rain, give it a couple days and the Kansas birds will start to come down to get in front of the "colder" air ...and most of the other Hunters will have stopped thinking about Dove hunting as well.

If you are Hunting on a APH there used to be some decent places north & west of G'ville. Ask the GW that lives in Celeste where the birds are, if he's still there. Was a nice guy to us several times.
Ron
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Anyone hunting on public land in the hunt county/greenville area - 09/14/14 09:12 PM

cheers best wishes. like Willley said talk ta some people around their. & have seen were the doves litterly covered the sky whin walking threw goat weeds only once but it was cool. again best wishes stay safe. oh, if ya got friend that ya hunt with. walkie-talkie many a time sat a field, whin things were slow, sit & chat cover more ground. flag
Posted By: unclekeith75

Re: Anyone hunting on public land in the hunt county/greenville area - 09/14/14 09:17 PM

It's great if you like starring at clouds and shooting at bumble bees. lol35
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Anyone hunting on public land in the hunt county/greenville area - 09/14/14 09:46 PM

Omg lol unclekeith75 popcorn

Re: Anyone hunting on public land in the hunt county/greenville area - 09/15/14 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: unclekeith75
It's great if you like starring at clouds and shooting at bumble bees. lol35

Lol, thats about exactly what I did Sunday morning except for the bumble bee part, didn't even see any of those.

Re: Anyone hunting on public land in the hunt county/greenville area - 09/15/14 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: WileyCoyote
If ya don'tsee many birds after the rain, give it a couple days and the Kansas birds will start to come down to get in front of the "colder" air ...and most of the other Hunters will have stopped thinking about Dove hunting as well.

If you are Hunting on a APH there used to be some decent places north & west of G'ville. Ask the GW that lives in Celeste where the birds are, if he's still there. Was a nice guy to us several times.
Ron

Thanks Ron, hopefully some will come down with this cool weather. Didn't see much on Saturday and nothin on Sunday.

I was hunting just north of Greenville. I cant remember the GW's name but if its who I'm thinking about he still lives in between Greenville and Kingston.

Brett
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Anyone hunting on public land in the hunt county/greenville area - 09/18/14 06:15 PM

Not Greenvile, but I'm seeing crazy numbers of dove on the phone lines near Farmersville.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum