Texas Hunting Forum

AN/PVS-30 front end thermal

Posted By: Sarge3

AN/PVS-30 front end thermal - 06/26/18 01:45 AM

Does anyone have any experience with the pv30. I understand it’s pretty tough since it’s mil std. no bells and whistles just a tough accurate front add on. Anyone?
Posted By: Midwaytmm

Re: AN/PVS-30 front end thermal - 06/26/18 01:53 AM

I don’t know of a pvs 30 thermal. Maybe you meant I2? You can still get them factory refurbished. They’re pretty nice if you could get your hands on one
Posted By: SingleShot85

Re: AN/PVS-30 front end thermal - 06/26/18 03:12 PM

they are the shizz whizz..... I've used a buddies, then I got one but I haven't used mine yet. We were shooting 500yrds on steel 1/2 moon night like it was the middle of the day we could spot misses in the berms and impacts gave off an nice spark

I also have a Armasight Co-X gen3 mil spec. both units are great and have the same tube in them but the PVS 30 is designed for long range and it killed the Co-X past 400yrds also usable magnification w/ the 30 was 15x where as the Co-X was the high side of 8x.
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: AN/PVS-30 front end thermal - 06/26/18 08:31 PM

Yep used it a bunch. Not thermal but a really nice I2 unit. I've used it comfortably in the 10-18 magnification range. Its where its at for long range shooting at night. bulky and heavy but built like an absolute tank.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum