Texas Hunting Forum

Binoc upgrade time

Posted By: H2O Seeker

Binoc upgrade time - 02/19/18 01:00 PM

Looking for input on glass in the $250 - $500 range as an upgrade to my current pair. Current pair will be passed down but my eyes aren't what they used to be especially in lower light situations.

Any and all recommendations considered and researched.
Posted By: Teal28

Re: Binoc upgrade time - 02/19/18 02:04 PM

I have the Ziess Terra HD's 8x42. Had them for a 3 years now. Great glass, awesome in low light and a great price. Better than the Vortex, the Nikon and Leopold's I had before. Skyler at SWFA sold me on them and he was right.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Binoc upgrade time - 02/20/18 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Teal28
I have the Ziess Terra HD's 8x42. Had them for a 3 years now. Great glass, awesome in low light and a great price. Better than the Vortex, the Nikon and Leopold's I had before. Skyler at SWFA sold me on them and he was right.

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated. I will look into them and SWFA. My brother has a pair of Zeiss with built in range finder. Company he worked for gave them to him as a gift. I love them but couldn't mortgage the $1,500 price point.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Binoc upgrade time - 02/20/18 03:33 AM

These two are outstanding:
Vanguard Endeavor EDII
Leupold Mojave BX4 Pro Guide
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Binoc upgrade time - 02/20/18 03:34 AM

Would look at maven b.3 or c series
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Binoc upgrade time - 02/20/18 06:25 AM

I bought Vortex Diamondback 10x42s after having Leupold BX-1 Yosemite for a number of years. We still love and use both.
Both are way under your price range.

I personally like the Vortex more in terms of clarity and crispness and build quality and controls. I paid around $225 for it, so if you double that and look at the Vortex line, I think you'll be good to go laugh
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum