Texas Hunting Forum

Steiner T5i?

Posted By: dashing dog

Steiner T5i? - 02/16/18 03:38 PM

Anyone use this line of scopes?
I heard they fixed the tracking problem.
Thoughts on this model.
Kicking around the idea of getting the
5-25×56
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Steiner T5i? - 02/16/18 06:20 PM

I have 2 of the 3-15s, zero issues, I love them..
Also have a 5-25 Military and a 1-5 T5

They definitely had some issues but I haven't had any and I have sold quote a few with no problems.
Posted By: Loanman

Re: Steiner T5i? - 02/20/18 01:12 PM

I ordered the new 5-25 (2018 model with illumination) as well...i have read lots of good things i hope it performs as well as everyone is reporting...
Posted By: watchale

Re: Steiner T5i? - 02/26/18 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Loanman
I ordered the new 5-25 (2018 model with illumination) as well...i have read lots of good things i hope it performs as well as everyone is reporting...

Which Rings and Pic Rail are you running? I just bought a 5-25X56 model and wanting to get the rings setup right.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Steiner T5i? - 02/26/18 09:12 PM

They are the bees knees imo.

Re: Steiner T5i? - 02/27/18 02:35 PM

Doug at Camera land gave me a smokin deal on the GDI 34mm mount (one Piece)...it was his last one left and he wanted it gone...I couldn’t pass it up since they cost $550...lets say i got it less....much much less.
I was going to purchase a Spur one piece.
I wanted a QD mount to change out if i enjoy shooting this scope which the 2018’s aren’t in yet...still waiting for the Germans to send over.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Steiner T5i? - 02/28/18 06:03 PM

I run Talley 34s on bolt actions, solid...
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Steiner T5i? - 02/28/18 07:16 PM

American Rifle Co M10 rings are what I run on my big body scopes. Best rings made, IMO.
They are pricey, but well worth it.
Posted By: snarkscarbine

Re: Steiner T5i? - 03/12/18 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Txhillbilly
American Rifle Co M10 rings are what I run on my big body scopes. Best rings made, IMO.

100%. Got rid of all my others.
Posted By: bphillips

Re: Steiner T5i? - 03/13/18 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Txhillbilly

These or Hawkins is what I would run with a rail. No rail Hawkins hybrid are awesome

Re: Steiner T5i? - 03/16/18 12:58 PM

I had it out yesterday set it up on my rifle, got it sighted in...
Very impressed with the glass....No blurriness on edges at all on highest power...extremely clear.
I had a few holes touching at 100yds, so pretty good in the wind.
This is my First FFP scope of this quality...I’m no expert...but it is more clear then my SHV that i hav on my main deer rifle. Certainly heavier.
Doug at CameraLand gave me a good deal on the scope...i recommend them for sure.

Re: Steiner T5i? - 03/16/18 01:02 PM

Oh and i almost forgot, i looked through the manual and everything that comes in the box, there is nothing that says what to torque the scope down to in the rings...so i called Steiner and they told me 20-25lbs...
Just in case anyone needs to know. They said once you go past 25lbs you could possibly damag the main tube and they get a lot of scopes back for that...
So i set the Fat wrench at 20...Snug as a bug!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum