Texas Hunting Forum

Digital night vision

Posted By: Nitro27

Digital night vision - 02/15/18 02:32 AM

Will it work on an ar with a front sight post. I know it doesn’t interfere with a traditional scope. But since digital night vision is basically a camera ,I have my doubts . Have any of you tried it and what was your experience.
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Digital night visin - 02/15/18 02:37 AM

It doesn’t interfere so long as you use an ir illuminator on the handguard our in front of the front sight post
Posted By: 68A

Re: Digital night visin - 02/15/18 02:51 AM

My photon sits in a Burris PEPR behind a fsp. Don’t notice it with or without the illuminator.
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Digital night visin - 02/15/18 03:04 AM

Tag
Posted By: TGillar

Re: Digital night visin - 02/15/18 03:44 AM

I took a dremel to My front sight. It is not in the way anymore.
Posted By: VAFish

Re: Digital night visin - 02/15/18 02:23 PM

Yes I have tried it.

The front sight post with digital is just like it is with a regular optical scope for the most part. It's there, but after about 3x magnification you don't see it.

The problem we did have was with the IR illuminator. If your IR Illuminator is mounted behind the front sight (like mounted on the side of the ATN X-Sight) it reflects all the IR light back into the scope and you just get a washed out screen to look at. Solution is to mount the illuminator forward and to the side of the front sight or under the barrel so the IR light doesn't reflect back into the scope.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum