Texas Hunting Forum

Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards

Posted By: bigjoe8565

Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 02:22 AM

Purchased a Nikon Pro Staff from another forum member recently. Mounted it and went to sight it in today. Turns out the turrets are flipped. Meaning the elevation turret moves the crosshairs for windage and windage moves the elevation. I made a mistake and deleted the PMs and can't recall the sellers name. I don't believe he intentionally sold me the scope because he was sell items from a family members estate.

Is there a way to swap the turrets, or am I pretty much stuck. Maybe I could call Nikon? Thoughts?
Posted By: hetman

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 02:27 AM

assuming its mounted correct call Nikon bet they will fix or give you a new one

another thing you can do is use the my stuff button and look at my post tell you find where you replied to that specific post
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 02:28 AM

You sure you've got it mounted correctly? I don't think that's physically possible.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 02:54 AM

You probably mounted it wrong. It’s okay. I did this to my wife’s rifle and scope. I thought Leupold sent me a funky scope. It was just me.

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 03:02 AM

I had it mounted when I purchased the rifle from Cabelas. Turns out that it was mounted wrong. Didn't even think about that at the range, but sure enough that's the problem. I feel like an idiot not noticing it.

The real question is how did they bore sight it like they claim they did?
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: RiverRider
You sure you've got it mounted correctly? I don't think that's physically possible.

Correct it is not possible. The windafe turret should be on the right side of the rifle not the left.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 03:21 AM

I don't think that's possible. It's mounted 90 degrees too far counter-clockwise.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
I had it mounted when I purchased the rifle from Cabelas. Turns out that it was mounted wrong. Didn't even think about that at the range, but sure enough that's the problem. I feel like an idiot not noticing it.

No telling. This is why you don’t trust Cabela’s employees.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 03:54 AM

No kidding. If the guy couldn't orient the scope in the rings correctly, then ya gotta wonder if the bases are torqued properly...and what thta scope tube looks like under those rings. Yikes.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 08:25 PM

Which Cabela’s?
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 08:30 PM

Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42

roflmao

I was about to post that same meme. Perfect for this situation.

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/10/18 10:01 PM

Allen
Posted By: booradley

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/11/18 12:11 AM

Wow.
Posted By: VAFish

Re: Scope with windage and elevation turrets backwards - 02/12/18 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565

Just like they would normally bore sight it. When you turn the scope 90 degrees in the mount the L/R adjustment is now on top and becomes your Up and Down adjustment. The U/D is on the left side and becomes the left right adjustment. If you don't look at the markings on the scope and just turn the turrets to line up with your laser bore sighter it works just fine. You can even leave it like that and keep shooting as long as you don't have to make adjustments quickly because you really need to think about it before you turn the dials.

Of course when your friends see it and laugh you will feel like an idiot. Or so I am told.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum