Texas Hunting Forum

Folks are right about digital night vision

Posted By: bigjoe8565

Folks are right about digital night vision - 01/30/18 02:29 AM

It's great, but it truly is a gateway drug to thermal. I ended up purchasing the FLIR PTS233 from Outdoor Legacy Gear last week. Haven't hunted with it yet, but so far I've been really impressed. Kudos to Jason at Outdoor Legacy Gear and Hans East Texas. Jason provided top shelf customer service and was very responsive to all my questions. Hans also answered a ton of questions I had before spending that kind of coin. Will post a video of my first hunt as soon as I can find time to hit the woods.
Posted By: Pootie

Re: Folks are right about digital night vision - 01/30/18 12:52 PM

The good side of digital for me- it gave me better hunting than a flashlight until the thermal market came in with lower prices and I still have a digital (Photon) when my son can hunt with me, so it wasn't wasted money in my case. YMMV
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Folks are right about digital night vision - 01/30/18 02:51 PM

I kept my Photon for family and friends to use, so I'd say it was a great investment.
Posted By: Vern1

Re: Folks are right about digital night vision - 01/30/18 04:28 PM

I still use a Photon and an N750A and average a little over 70 pigs a year for last 4 years.
Posted By: HansETX

Re: Folks are right about digital night vision - 01/30/18 07:05 PM

It was my pleasure Big Joe.. that PTS233 is a great scope at a great price...
Posted By: Outdoor Legacy

Re: Folks are right about digital night vision - 01/30/18 09:31 PM

Thanks Joe, I really appreciate the kind words and the shout out. I'm glad to hear you like the PTS233.

Digital NV really is a gateway drug. I have sold countless thermals over the last year or so to past customers who bought Photons or X-Sights over the last several years. And nothing at all wrong with those optics, they are still amazing for the price and those guys have killed a tons of hogs with their scopes and I have too. Heck I'm using the new Sightmark Photon RT right now and it's awesome. But once you get the itch and use some quality thermal, it's hard to go back to digital. It's not the ability to shoot further because I haven't shot but a handful of hogs over 75 yards in the last year but with thermal you just spot and find hogs that you'd have never known existed otherwise.

I'm really glad you are enjoying the PTS233 and I can't wait to see some videos from it. Thanks again for the shout out!

- Jason
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum