Texas Hunting Forum

Bushnell LRHS

Posted By: Hunter80

Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 06:35 PM

I’m looking for the following and can’t find it in stock anywhere. Anyone know where I can find one? Also if you think I should be looking at something else at the same price point let me know why.

Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18 mil non illuminated. I’ve found the illuminated version in stock but not convinced I need that feature.

Thanks for your help

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 06:39 PM

I should also mention it’s goin on a 6.5 creedmor bolt gun and will be used for hunting and steel pretty equally
Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 07:03 PM

The illumination is a nice feature to have when/if you ever need it. I shot a pig around 1830hrs the other night with my Burris XTR II and the illumination sure came in handy then 2cents
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 07:13 PM

I run an LHRS 3-12 on one rifle, non illuminated, it's fine for deer hunting into light light and would enable shots past legal time. For dark pigs illumination would be better of course but I don't feel handicapped deer hunting, and I have several other nice scopes that have illumination.

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 07:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback! Would you consider the LRHS line to be the best for my intended purpose? I’m also playing with the idea of spending a lot more and getting a NF ATACR 4-14x42. In your opinion is there enough difference in the LRHS and NF to justify the cost difference?

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 07:30 PM

I have not compared the glass against the Actar but I did against the NSX 2.5x10x42.
Had both out in the field over a year's time and me and two other guys thought the LHRS had slightly better glass.

If you want another option, the 3-15 Steinier Tactical is awesome. VERY good glass and a well done illumination system that works well for low light. I own two.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 07:41 PM

The 3x12 is super popular on another forum geared towards hunting. It might be the most popular.

With any ffp scope I would want illumination

I would contact by phone Scott at Liberty Optics to see what he can do
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 07:42 PM

OpticsPlanet claims they have 2 in stock. SWFA shows you can add it to your cart. GAPrecision has it. How hard did you search for this?

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 08:13 PM

I hear what you are saying about FFP and low light hunting, but the LHRS reticle was designed to be be bold enough (similiar to a German #4) to not "need it"

On pretty much ever other FFP I would agree.
Posted By: SingleShot85

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 08:25 PM

I have the 3-12 and it being FFP is no problem, the 2 mil ring looks more like a dot on 3x and naturally focuses the eye to the center of the reticle...

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 08:27 PM

If I’m not mistaken the ones you mentioned available are all illuminated versions. I’m just trying to make the best decision because I only want to make it once. Anybody think there is substantial value in stepping up to the ATACR class given the price difference

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunter80
If I’m not mistaken the ones you mentioned available are all illuminated versions. I’m just trying to make the best decision because I only want to make it once. Anybody think there is substantial value in stepping up to the ATACR class given the price difference

https://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-elite-tactical-hunter-4-5-18x44mm-riflescope.html

https://swfa.com/catalog/product/view/id/109465/

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 08:51 PM

Looks like I am mistaken! Thanks for the heads up! According to SWFA that’s a discontinued model. Wonder what bushnell has in mind to replace it?

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 08:54 PM

The ATACR is amazing and if you are truly looking for a buy once cry once optic the NF 4-16 ATACR is it, I have 2 and they are the shiz wiz....

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 08:58 PM

Do you think the MIL C Reticle on the ATACR is a good reticle for hunting? I like the idea of the donut in the LRHS for quick target acquisition at lower mag range.

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 09:18 PM

I've never had problems with FFP as I been running them since 2001 on every rifle I own, of course back then I only had one rifle..... Now you my not be able to discern the differences in half mils but in low light situation it highly unlikely you'll need to and w the illumination on you can find the center cross-hair pretty dang easily.....

Every optic I own is FFP and adjusts in mils except one
1-S&B PMII 5-25 P4f
2-NF ATACRs both 4-16 Mil-R, not C
1 Bushy LRHS 3-12 G2H
1-Hours Vision Black Bird 1.5-8x w the H59...... that's a whole lot of reticle that washes out at 1.5 but everything that washes out at 1.5 is nothing i need then at 5-8x i and use and see more if necessary

My only kicker, is a fixed 10x Unetrl USMC optic on my M40A-1 build.... bolt

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 09:53 PM

The Mil R was very fine in the 2.5-10x42, finer than I would like in a hunting scope. Me and a buddy who also does reviews for the site and my main hunting friend (other than my brother) both think the LHRS 3-12 is about perfect, all things considered.

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: SingleShot85
The ATACR is amazing and if you are truly looking for a buy once cry once optic the NF 4-16 ATACR is it, I have 2 and they are the shiz wiz....

But at double the price of the Bushy, dang!

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 10:24 PM

they are not equals, but do have comparable features.......
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/19/17 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted By: SingleShot85

But at double the price of the Bushy, dang!

Twice the scope, too.

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/20/17 01:59 AM

Just ordered the LRHS 4.5-18 illuminated. I'm hoping my impression is as favorable as what I've read about them.
Posted By: 505ed

Re: Bushnell LRHS - 12/20/17 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Hunter80
Just ordered the LRHS 4.5-18 illuminated. I'm hoping my impression is as favorable as what I've read about them.

You will be happy...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum