Texas Hunting Forum

New Pulsar Zero Mount

Posted By: Rick Dude

New Pulsar Zero Mount - 11/29/17 03:33 PM

The new $40 QD mount from Pulsar for Apex, Trail and Core is supposed to be a true return to zero mount. Any experience with this mount you can share?
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: New Pulsar Zero Mount - 11/29/17 09:32 PM

It has returned to zero every time for me , I have about a dozen cycles of off/on with mine.

My next plan is to zero my APEX on another upper and switch between profiles based on the upper being used - this will add an additional data point ....
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: New Pulsar Zero Mount - 11/29/17 09:41 PM

Ive had nothing but good results with it so far. Its a lot of QD mount for the money.
Posted By: Outdoor Legacy

Re: New Pulsar Zero Mount - 11/29/17 11:22 PM

I'm sure you know this but I want to throw it out there for those that might not know.....it's only $40 for now from Pulsar as an introductory price for customers who have previously bought those thermals. It goes up to $100 at the end of this month.

As for the returning to zero question, I had a customer who bought a Pulsar Trail XQ38 from me a couple weeks ago and I gave him the new QD mount with it. After zeroing his two rifles he moved the Trail back to his first rifle and he thought the zero was lost. He wasn't 100% sure what happened because he was still learning the scope menues and features so he decided to run a well thought out, very deliberate test to determine if the scope really returned to zero with the mount or not. I'm copy/pasting his email to me after his test. I think you can see from his comments below he put some serious thought and time into this.

Quote:
My first test was to do a simple removal/reattach of the scope from my Rem 700 223. I set up at my place on my own range and first rechecked the scope's zero. The Rem 700 is defined in the scope as the "A" group gun profile. I shot the gun to double check it's zero and it was dead on at 75 yards. (This is sort of close for me but I can easily see the 8 inch square piece of tin foil that is stapled to the target). After checking the zero setting I carefully powered down the scope, unlatched the QD mount, removed the XQ38 and laid it on my shooting table. The scope was completely off the gun at this point. Next I connected the scope back on the Rem 700 picitanny rail, closed the QD mount clasp, powered up the scope, and fired a shot. I drove up to the target and it was dead center just like the previous zero-check shot. I had applied blue tape over the zeroing shot so as not to get confused about impacts. This was a good result as the scope was completely removed from the rifle, re-attached, and then fired. The POI did NOT change in this test.

Test two involved powering down the scope, removing it from the Rem 700, re-attaching it to my AR15 300 BLK rifle. The AR15 300 BLK was defined as gun group "B" in the scope. I had zeroed the 300 BLK about six days prior so I just powered the scope on, switched to gun group "B", and fired a shot from 75 yards. It hit the target dead center -- there was no POI change after moving the scope to the Rem 700 and moving it back the the AR15 300 BLK.

Test three involved powering the scope down, moving the scope from the AR15 300 BLK back to the Rem 700 223 and taking a shot. I made the move, powered the scope up, changed the gun profile to group "A", and fired a shot from 75 yards. The POI was dead center.

These tests prove to me that you CAN actually move the scope from gun to gun and maintain your zero setting via different gun profiles. This is a handy feature of the scope and I am very pleased.
Posted By: Pootie

Re: New Pulsar Zero Mount - 11/30/17 10:10 PM

Thanks for the test post on the Pulsar mount! Good test!
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: New Pulsar Zero Mount - 12/02/17 04:28 AM

I bought one back in the spring from the UK when they first came out. POI has re-acquired to the same spot on all three rifles I have zeroed every time I have switched. I used it to rabbit hunt on my AirForce Air rifle (which should be considered as cheating) to my AR-10 to hog hunt with. Only negative is I paid $120 to buy it and have it shipped from Great Britain.

Re: New Pulsar Zero Mount - 12/02/17 07:39 PM

So I am now running my pulsar QD mount on my 6.8 and 12 gauge shooting slugs. Have switched the scope back and forth multiple times and it has help same POI.

Re: New Pulsar Zero Mount - 12/04/17 03:50 AM

Great to know Sapper. All the reports seem to be good on this mount despite some early concerns due to the (light) weight and the low cost. Glad to hear everyone is having good luck with it.

- Jason

Re: New Pulsar Zero Mount - 12/04/17 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Outdoor Legacy Gear
Great to know Sapper. All the reports seem to be good on this mount despite some early concerns due to the (light) weight and the low cost. Glad to hear everyone is having good luck with it.

- Jason
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about it so far. When hunting from a deer stand I take the scope off the shotgun and scan with it. When I see a hog I put it back on and shoot. Bang flop. Just make sure to put it on the same spot on the rail every time
Posted By: HansETX

Re: New Pulsar Zero Mount - 12/04/17 05:40 AM

Just put my QD Mount on and tested it on the range. It does what it says it does. Very pleased....

Posted By: TX-Bear

Re: New Pulsar Zero Mount - 12/05/17 08:42 PM

Does anyone know where I can get this- seems like everyone is backordered.

Re: New Pulsar Zero Mount - 12/06/17 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: TX-Bear
Does anyone know where I can get this- seems like everyone is backordered.

To my knowledge there isn't a dealer in the country with one. If there is, send me his number and I'll buy some off of him.lol I just hung up with my Pulsar rep and we talked about the mounts again. I've got a whole bunch of them on order. As of today, there is no official ETA. It could be in a couple days or it could be a couple months. My gut guesstimate says we will see them within in the next 30-45 days but that's pulling a number out of the clear blue sky. If for some crazy reason they aren't here by the first of February you can expect another 30-45 day delay because they will be caught up in the Chinese New Year. With that said, I seriously doubt it will take that long, I'm hoping to see them much sooner than later.

Cross your fingers.

Jason
Posted By: TX-Bear

Re: New Pulsar Zero Mount - 12/06/17 10:46 PM

Bummer- thanks Jason.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum