Texas Hunting Forum

SCOPE MOUNTING QUESTION......

Posted By: Walkabout

SCOPE MOUNTING QUESTION...... - 11/07/17 01:08 AM

I am going to "assume" (which is usually a mistake) that scope mounts are NOT interchangeable. That is to say that a Nikon does not fit a Leupold, does not fit a Swarovski, etc. So if you change scope brands you have to get same brand rings??? Thanks guys.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: SCOPE MOUNTING QUESTION...... - 11/07/17 01:22 AM

Not so. As long as the rings are the correct diameter, they will work with any scope brand.

You DO have to make sure the rings and bases are compatible (many are, but there are several types that are not), and bases must be matched to the firearm.
Posted By: fr3db3ar

Re: SCOPE MOUNTING QUESTION...... - 11/07/17 02:11 AM

Yep, 1" rings fit any 1" scope. Most of my rings are all no name. I can recommend Warne qd rings.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: SCOPE MOUNTING QUESTION...... - 11/07/17 12:25 PM

wtf
Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: SCOPE MOUNTING QUESTION...... - 11/07/17 01:17 PM

If your scope is has 1" tube, then 1" rings of any brand in the appropriate height will work. However, the rings must be compatible with the type scope base you are using. The brand of mounting system does not need to be the same the brand of scope. What scope are you trying to mount on what rifle? What type of base is it?
Posted By: P_102

Re: SCOPE MOUNTING QUESTION...... - 11/08/17 08:39 PM

Picatinny rail removes the brand to brand fit problem. With more than one rifle or scope it also allows for easy changing out. P_102
Posted By: Busheler

Re: SCOPE MOUNTING QUESTION...... - 11/11/17 04:00 PM

Oh my.............
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum