Texas Hunting Forum

Will Flir continue to make Armasight Zeus scopes?

Posted By: robininni

Will Flir continue to make Armasight Zeus scopes? - 10/09/17 09:22 PM

Does anyone know if the Armasight Zeus line will continue on under Flir?
Posted By: Outdoor Legacy

Re: Will Flir continue to make Armasight Zeus scopes? - 10/09/17 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: robininni
Does anyone know if the Armasight Zeus line will continue on under Flir?

Short answer, yes they appear to be looking to continue making the Zeus line for the foreseeable future.

There might be another dealer here with some inside knowledge that I don't have, so they might chime in correct my speculation.

I've asked this exact question several times and the answers I've gotten have been all over the place. The official word I got when I asked this question less than 2 weeks ago was, "Yes! Why would we stop? It's a great scope. The Zeus will be here for years!" Ok I agree, it is a great scope. But we are dealing with technology and it's aging. FLIR has already signaled that (so far) their new thermals are going to be under the FLIR Themosight brand.

I was told by a reliable source that was a long time Armasight employee that everything new would be under the FLIR name and they'd slowly kill off the Armasight thermals as they reached the end of their life cycle. He said the only thing that would remain under the Armasight name would be their Gen1/2/3 night vision and eventually most of that would go away as well, except for maybe some optics that law enforcement/security contractors were buying.

I think option 2 makes the most sense but what do I know? It just seems like FLIR is a household name it only makes sense for them to let the "Armasight by FLIR" name hang around long enough for everyone to associate the two companies as one and then let the Armasight thermals die off as they get out dated.

Again....pure speculation, I'm absolutely ready to be corrected if I'm wrong.
Posted By: enigmausly

Re: Will Flir continue to make Armasight Zeus scopes? - 10/10/17 12:06 AM

Prices seem to be coming down online... always a positive, but also a sign of the tech becoming dated
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum