Texas Hunting Forum

Tikka factory rings question

Posted By: Bbear

Tikka factory rings question - 09/01/17 06:55 PM

I hear people saying to replace the factory supplied Tikka rings with other brands. My question is, what's inherently wrong with the Tikka factory stuff?
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/01/17 06:59 PM

The Tikka rings are ok, and they will work. I have used them on the rifle. They work, but they are 1" and fairly low, so anything bigger than about 44mm you will need a different ring.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/01/17 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
The Tikka rings are ok, and they will work. I have used them on the rifle. They work, but they are 1" and fairly low, so anything bigger than about 44mm you will need a different ring.

Ditto. i used a set just fine until we upgraded to a scope large scope.
Posted By: Shane431

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/01/17 09:01 PM

I'm sure they work but I would upgrade. Cheap insurance for the field.
Posted By: Anton Chigurh

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/02/17 02:02 AM

They aren't very substantial. I'm sure they have worked for some but I've opted for Talley LW's on all my tikkas. I'm not 100%, but I don't believe the new T3x rifles come with the cheap rings any more, so it's irrelevant anyway.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/02/17 02:12 AM

I would replace them. On one of mine the screws were very soft
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/02/17 06:24 AM

haven't had any issues with them on a the T3 hunters in 338 Federal and 270WSM. I run pretty light weight scope on those rifles though, if running a heavy optic would have sued another option most likely.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/02/17 01:37 PM

I just don't like them. The screws strip very easily.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/02/17 02:41 PM

Never had any issues myself, but I don't torque them "farmer tight" either.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/04/17 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: booradley
I just don't like them. The screws strip very easily.
ditto
Posted By: booradley

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/06/17 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Jgraider
Never had any issues myself, but I don't torque them "farmer tight" either.

I've always used a torque screwdriver, have never stripped any myself but was always afraid I was going to. But where I worked we moved a bunch of Tikkas and customers quite often stripped the screws when mounting their own scopes.
Posted By: trigger time

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/08/17 04:38 PM

Talley makes a set of ultralight rings for them that are very nice if you don't want any moa built into them. But most of mine get a picatiny rail so i can swap scopes around.
Posted By: snarkscarbine

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/09/17 02:28 PM

I've found that they work great for making sure that the liner doesn't magically float out of your trash can....
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/09/17 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: snarkscarbine
I've found that they work great for making sure that the liner doesn't magically float out of your trash can....

Some people use stocks. clap
Posted By: DRD11

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/13/17 01:06 AM

I'm a fan of the Tikka T3 rifles for a lot of reasons primarily accuracy, but they are light and therefore can thump you depending on caliber. I have replaced the factory with the Warne Tikka rings for over 10 years on multiple Tikkas without a hitch. The Warnes are kind of a pain to put on but once they are there they don't move.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Tikka factory rings question - 09/27/17 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Anton Chigurh
They aren't very substantial. I'm sure they have worked for some but I've opted for Talley LW's on all my tikkas. I'm not 100%, but I don't believe the new T3x rifles come with the cheap rings any more, so it's irrelevant anyway.
yep
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum