Texas Hunting Forum

which scope mount set-up

Posted By: magspa

which scope mount set-up - 05/16/17 01:54 AM

For a Montana Rifle Co., X2 300WSM and Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10X44 1".

1. 2 piece picatinny (burris or leupold) with burris xtr signature rings.
2. Leupold DD with burris signature rings.
3. Talley fixed ring setup (vertically split ones)
4. 1 piece EGW picatinny
Posted By: J.G.

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/16/17 04:04 PM

That paired with great rings, are strong as a blue nosed mule. You don't want to worry about base and rings throwing off your zero when they get banged around. And they get banged around quite a bit with me.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/16/17 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

That paired with great rings, are strong as a blue nosed mule. You don't want to worry about base and rings throwing off your zero when they get banged around. And they get banged around quite a bit with me.

What rings do you like? Seems like Leupold PRW would be hard to beat for the price?

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/16/17 05:06 PM

I like burris signature and the vertical talley's but will try others. Anyone have experience with farrell bases? He and EGW standard are the only 1 piece bases for Montana rifle co receiver.

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/16/17 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: duckhunter175
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

What rings do you like? Seems like Leupold PRW would be hard to beat for the price?

Talley Tactical are my favorite aluminum rings. Badger Ordinance are my favorite steel rings. Both allow me to move scopes from one rifle to another quickly, accurately, and repeatedly. And both hold the scope exactly where I put it forever. I've got one scope in a set of rings that hasn't left those rings for five years. I've not had to re-torque the screws, and the scope and rings have been on five different rifles.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/16/17 06:11 PM

Warne offers a two-piece steel Weaver-style mount that would work. They're stout and not at all expensive. I use them with Zee rings and am very satisfied with them.

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/16/17 06:45 PM

Zee rings are purdy good. Be sure and clean all the oil off of them. I've seen scopes slip in them, but that was on the big cartridges the rifles were chambered in.
Posted By: Crews

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/16/17 06:52 PM

Scope mounting is one of the things that you just don't want to cut corners on, it makes all the difference in the world. Don't take a short-cut just to save a few bucks.

A 1-piece picatinny rail + rings is the gold standard for a reason. Too many advantages to even list, even if you have no need to move them around as mentioned above...... My favorite is Seekins Precision.
Posted By: Eyesofahunter

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/16/17 07:58 PM

What you spend on a good set of rings and bases will be saved in ammo costs chasing zero today and down the road. You have good advice from those ^^^^^^
Posted By: booradley

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/19/17 02:43 PM

EGW.
Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/19/17 03:18 PM

Talley's for sure. They'll be rock solid and look nice

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/19/17 04:27 PM

Any ring recommendations for the egw standard rail? I like the talley tactical but the recoil lugs dont span across the entire width and the egw rail has that gap in the center..seems like it might not lock up with 100% contact.
Posted By: booradley

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/19/17 08:13 PM

I use Warne.

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/20/17 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: magspa
Any ring recommendations for the egw standard rail? I like the talley tactical but the recoil lugs dont span across the entire width and the egw rail has that gap in the center..seems like it might not lock up with 100% contact.

Are you shooting a 30mm Vulcan?

Re: which scope mount set-up - 05/20/17 12:21 PM

yea need a new quail gun
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum