Texas Hunting Forum

Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt

Posted By: Theringworm

Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/02/17 12:33 AM

So..... the X-bolt has a 4 whole pre-drilled pattern to mount base/rings to. I would like to mount a 20 moa base and then rings on top of that. I am struggling at finding a reputable base compatible with the X-bolt. Anyone have some recommendations?

I also want to go with scope rings that have the integrated bubble level/anti-cant in them. Anyone have recommendations on those as well? Scope has a 30mm tube.

Thanks guys
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/02/17 12:56 AM

Get The Talley lightweights made for your rifle

what bases have you found?

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/02/17 01:04 AM

look on OPtics Planet EGW makes a 20moa rail to fit so does Talley

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/02/17 01:13 AM

Evolution Gun Works makes a 20 moa steel picatinny rail that is x-bolt compatible. I have no experience with this brand. I haven't found anything else. There are some simple base mounts but they don't come in 20 moa.

I am by no means an expert gunsmith so I may totally be overlooking something but that's what I have seen so far.

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/02/17 01:55 AM

look at the Talley 20moa rail at Optics Planet.com

their stuff is really great quality. The X-Bolt is really not a Tactical rifle as most of these bases are intended for. you sure you need 20MOA extra elevation? What scope are you going with?

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/02/17 03:28 AM

Ill look at those. I likely don't need the 20 moa rail because the rifle is actually my sons. He isn't going to be shooting a 1000+ yds any time soon, but I might be sneaking it out to do so. I bought the Bushnell Elite Tactical LRS 6-24 x 50mm scope to put on it.

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/02/17 04:05 PM

great rig
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/02/17 04:11 PM

If you do need a 10 or 20 MOA base, another great place to look is Ken Farrell. He makes bases for a lot of different rifles, all very high quality.
Posted By: snarkscarbine

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/02/17 05:04 PM

EGW is great stuff at a great price. I have one of their lightweight 20moa rails on one of my tikkas.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/02/17 05:54 PM

I still use Warne rings but now use EGW bases. Some of their bases come with Torx head screws and some with Allen, you can upgrade the Allen heads to Torx for $4-$5 - which I recommend.
Posted By: snarkscarbine

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/02/17 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: booradley
I still use Warne rings but now use EGW bases. Some of their bases come with Torx head screws and some with Allen, you can upgrade the Allen heads to Torx for $4-$5 - which I recommend.

^^^ Good advice that I forgot to mention. I bought some Badger steel torx screws for mine. The hex head screws that ship with the rail are definitely the weak point.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/02/17 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Theringworm
So..... the X-bolt has a 4 whole pre-drilled pattern to mount base/rings to. I would like to mount a 20 moa base and then rings on top of that. I am struggling at finding a reputable base compatible with the X-bolt. Anyone have some recommendations?

I also want to go with scope rings that have the integrated bubble level/anti-cant in them. Anyone have recommendations on those as well? Scope has a 30mm tube.

Thanks guys

Iota rings Texas Company
https://iotaoutdoors.com/scope-mounts

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/19/17 03:16 PM

Finally got her all built up. Browning X-Bolt Western Hunter A-TACS AU in 6.5 Creedmoor, Bushnell Elite Tactical LRS 6-24 x 50mm scope mounted on top of a 20 moa EGW base and Badger Ordnance Standard (.823") rings.

Next up, range report.

Re: Need recs on scope base and rings for Browning X-bolt - 01/21/17 10:57 PM

turned out great....i'm looking at one too. look forward to your range report
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum