Texas Hunting Forum

Swarovski X5, 5-25X56

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/20/16 10:22 PM

Yes or no, messing around with maybe selling my SHV mounted here and getting the new Swaro X5. seems easy enough, even I can understand how to work it. Rifle is 6.5 Creedmoor, I will use for F-Class Open Matches. Also looking at another Nightforce NXS 8-32X56......don't want the "competition" model scope.

Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/20/16 11:44 PM

If you are buying new, you can get a Tangent Theta 3-15 x 50 FFP mil-mil for same price. Put a little more into it and you can get the 5-25 x 56 -- this scope is crazy good
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/21/16 01:30 AM

Swaro is going to have phenomenal glass. I'd worry about tracking, though.
Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/21/16 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Swaro is going to have phenomenal glass. I'd worry about tracking, though.

I wouldn't! This is the first thing Swarovski has EVER patented is their new turret design and the X5i and X5.
Check out the tolerances here.

I have some other pictures of there cutaways, but I have to dig for them. Once I find them I will post them up.

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/21/16 11:05 PM

Great schematic Skylar

yep, all steel

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/22/16 12:30 AM

Well, maybe they corrected the known problems. I wrote that yesterday, and today I got behind two Swaros. Neither one did what I told them to, when dialing corrections.

Chad had a customers rifle, wearing a Swaro, with a homemade shim between the pic rail, and action. Because it wouldn't zero without it.

SHOCKER! On all three rifles.

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/22/16 07:23 PM

someone doesn't know what they are doing

Funny my scopes don't listen to me either, they never make all my shots go in the same hole.
Posted By: fast88

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/23/16 05:37 AM

It seems some people answer questions without reading the entire post. They see a brand they dont like so they bash it even though they have no experience with the specific model or have any apparent knowledge of the item.

The x5 series has a completely different turret system than the z6 and z5. I own an x5i 5-25 and the turrets are absolutely amazing. They definitely redesigned the turret system and of course the glass is stunning as well. Only thing I would have liked to see was a mil option but according to Swarovski they arent considering that at the moment.

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/23/16 02:31 PM

fast88 you are so correct. when someone here spends their $$ on a product they will defend it to the death,even though it is crap. that's why its o hard to get straight poop . you just have to read them all and make your own decision.

now if I do move up to the X5 (can't really go the Illuminated) I may need you to school me on the features. I watched the tests on YOUTUBE, pretty impressive...
Posted By: dee

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/23/16 07:10 PM

These are designed for the hunting as per swaro. I'm sure being moa it would work well on a f class style rifle but it seems like a lot of those guys like more magnification. As for target style optics from the swaro family there's khales but still not a ton of magnification.
Posted By: fast88

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/23/16 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
fast88 you are so correct. when someone here spends their $$ on a product they will defend it to the death,even though it is crap. that's why its o hard to get straight poop . you just have to read them all and make your own decision.

now if I do move up to the X5 (can't really go the Illuminated) I may need you to school me on the features. I watched the tests on YOUTUBE, pretty impressive...

If you do decide send me a pm. They are awesome scopes. If you get to the central texas area anytime I will let you mess with my x5i

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/24/16 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Well, maybe they corrected the known problems. I wrote that yesterday, and today I got behind two Swaros. Neither one did what I told them to, when dialing corrections.

Were they the X5 model?

I'll agree, that the Z series isn't a dope and dial product. But you can see the new system in the X5 line in the cutaway.

Again, as I have noted before, Swarovski touts these X5 products as long range HUNTING scopes. While they do have a very tactical like appeal, they are adamant about them being strictly hunting scopes.
But, they do track exceptionally well.

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/24/16 02:19 PM

No they were not. I'm only stating what I've witnessed from previous Swaro rifle scopes. Simply reputation, and theirs has been terrific glass, bad tracking. NF= very good glass, very good tracking, tough as an anvil. SS= very good glass, very good tracking, tough as an anvil, less money.

If Swaro corrected the tracking issue, then good for them. When they get in the business of Mil, we'll all be better for it.

Re: Swarovski X5, 5-25X56 - 10/24/16 03:19 PM

Haha, I agree, historically Swaro is not known for tracking, I/E Dope n Dial. However this new X5, is truly amazing.
The tracking issue will become a moot point once more and more begin to shoot with it, trust me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum