Texas Hunting Forum

SHV vs XTR 2

Posted By: Brother in-law

SHV vs XTR 2 - 09/23/16 07:51 PM

If you have experience and not hearsay with both what is your pick?
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: SHV vs XTR 2 - 09/23/16 08:13 PM

I have the SHV and love it, the glass is great as the NXS but on a lighter build without some Bells and Whistles. I haven't compared it side by side with my Swaro's or Leuplods but the optics are great to me.. I have only had it to 100 yards, and haven't shot any matches where I have had to crank it up and down.

Its a little different from the Burris seeing as it has capped turrets but with the MOAR reticle you might not need them.

I "think" the Burris is a little heavier. I think either would make you happy, what are you putting it on???

Here are a few pictures of mine'

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: SHV vs XTR 2 - 09/23/16 10:35 PM

Upgrading the glass on my mid weight 6.5
Posted By: watchale

Re: SHV vs XTR 2 - 09/23/16 11:18 PM

I was in this situation not long ago. I ended up buying a used gen 1 vortex razor HD 5-20x50 and I like it a lot smile stir
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: SHV vs XTR 2 - 09/24/16 12:54 AM

The Burris has some cool features, but the Nightforce glass smokes Burris glass. For a competition rifle, I'd pick the Burris. For target shooting and hunting, I'd take the NF. Step up to an NXS for the best of both worlds.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: SHV vs XTR 2 - 09/26/16 03:01 AM

I run a Vortex PST and SHV F1 on my primary bolt guns. Dont have any experience with the Burris. The SHV glass is just as good as the NXS i had and it blows my PST away. I just wish they made the SHV F1 with 20+ magnification instead of just 14x.

Only bad thing I have to say about the SHV is that the illuminated reticle kinda sucks compared to my NXS and even the PST.
Posted By: fracdaddy

Re: SHV vs XTR 2 - 09/28/16 08:19 PM

nice rifle
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum