Texas Hunting Forum

Zeiss Terra RZ8

Posted By: Nitronx898

Zeiss Terra RZ8 - 08/05/16 01:21 AM

Has anyone looked thru this scope or have one. I have a Conquest HD5 5x25x50 with the RZ1000 reticals. I'm looking for another scope or two and wonder how the compair. Thanks
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Zeiss Terra RZ8 - 08/06/16 03:12 PM

Word on the street is the Terra is very unimpressive. If you do a search, you'll find the subject covered at great length.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Zeiss Terra RZ8 - 08/06/16 04:21 PM

The RZ8 is the reticle it's a matter of taste, I've used similar reticles, they're fairly easy to use. The Terra is a decent scope, at the price point, but it's in no way comparable to the Conquest HD5. I think glass wise, it's between a Leupold VX 2 and VX 3, but with a better reticle.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Zeiss Terra RZ8 - 08/08/16 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: nsmike
The RZ8 is the reticle it's a matter of taste, I've used similar reticles, they're fairly easy to use. The Terra is a decent scope, at the price point, but it's in no way comparable to the Conquest HD5. I think glass wise, it's between a Leupold VX 2 and VX 3, but with a better reticle.

Not even close to the leupolds. Terra is the suckiest new scope out. I would rather run a crossfire 2 vortex
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Zeiss Terra RZ8 - 08/08/16 02:24 PM

The biggest drawback I've seen in critiques is its performance in low light.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Zeiss Terra RZ8 - 08/08/16 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: RiverRider
The biggest drawback I've seen in critiques is its performance in low light.

This, so bad I had trouble sighting at an indoor range

Re: Zeiss Terra RZ8 - 08/08/16 02:50 PM

That's not my experience, with my 2x7 with a German 4 reticle, it's much easier to see than my Leupold VX2 2x7 compact .
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: Zeiss Terra RZ8 - 08/08/16 04:03 PM

it's a fine scope for the price point, few hundred dollars

don't expect $3000 bright glass quality

you can hunt, target shoot, some long range

Re: Zeiss Terra RZ8 - 08/11/16 03:47 PM

I found an old review that stated that at 6x and below the Terra preformed reasonably well but lagged behind other scopes when set above 6X. That could explain why my experience with my 2X7 is different then others. I'm sure eveyone else is comparing 3X9 or higher at the top of the range.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum