Texas Hunting Forum

Night Vision

Posted By: Pineyridge2

Night Vision - 07/20/16 03:41 PM

Im looking at Night vision scopes for hogs. I don't want to break the bank on one but id like to thin our pig population at night. Im looking at shots up to 150 yds. Does anyone have a scope they would recommend? Ive been looking at the Armasight WWZ 4X gen 1.
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: Night Vision - 07/20/16 03:48 PM

compared to a gen 1 scope, digital is better. Look at a sight mark photon xt.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Night Vision - 07/21/16 04:26 AM

Check out Mike's Resolute Digital Night Vision Scope
Resolute Night Vision
Posted By: Beckett

Re: Night Vision - 07/27/16 09:31 PM

I have a Pulsar N750, two of the 6 power Sight Mark Photon XT's and a thermal scanner. I like the Photon better than the N750 and they are half the price.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Night Vision - 07/30/16 04:51 AM

I have an Armasight Vampire and really like it.
Posted By: specialed309

Re: Night Vision - 07/30/16 12:48 PM

If you are setting up hints meaning stand under a feeder Gen 1 will be fine. But since they are same price as digital NV I'd step up into that range if you are spot and stock the save money for a thermal
Posted By: firemed13

Re: Night Vision - 07/31/16 05:46 AM

I use the pulsar n750 and really like it and pulsar is great customer service if you need anything.
Posted By: Jethrowins

Re: Night Vision - 08/01/16 06:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_8lCH93hkI
found this on youtube on the Pulsar Digisight.

Re: Night Vision - 08/02/16 04:07 AM

So since a couple folks mentioned the Digisight N750 I would like to add to my statement. I bought a N750 because of the reviews were good and used it for a season. I had to buy an additional illuminator because the on board IR limited the battery life and swapping batteries is not a simple task. In my opinion the on board IR is not effective out much further than 125 yards.

Having built a couple homemade digital scopes that had 2 times better optics than the n750, I was so impressed with Mike Tillman's development of his scope that I was one of the first in line for his scope when it became available. After using the Resolute Precision Machine scope Mike created, I immediately put my N750 up for sale. Now I use the resolute as my primary scope on my a10 .308 and couldn't be happier. After a season of deer hunting and a couple hog hunts where I bumped the scope at least a dozen times getting in and out of the guides truck, it is still zeroed in perfectly. I took it to the ranch Saturday and checked it to see if the POI had moved any. I made three shots and all three were in the bulls-eye. I don't think any of my glass scopes ever kept a POI that well under the conditions the Resolute has been through. Honestly! You owe it to yourself to take a look at Mikes scope. What I like is he has put together a complete package of everything you need. A high quality scope with a super-bright illuminator and batteries. Since so many of us already use the NCR18650b batteries the a charger is not included but is available if you need one.

Oh did I mention the Resolute is 1/3 the price of a Pulsar n750?
Posted By: DoubleUp

Re: Night Vision - 08/02/16 03:31 PM

What is the magnification on the resolute? How does it do with a smaller IR light like a T-20. The 67mm is sort of bulky.

Re: Night Vision - 08/03/16 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: DoubleUp
What is the magnification on the resolute? How does it do with a smaller IR light like a T-20. The 67mm is sort of bulky.

I use a t20 with a doubler and a 850nm pill. Without the doubler it does lose some distance, I would say 200 yards without and close to 500 yards with. The light that comes with it is just as good if not better than my doubled t20.

The lens is a 1/3" format 100mm fl, best I can guess-ta-mate is the field of view at 300' is 15' wide. Maybe mike will chime in with the exact numbers?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum