Texas Hunting Forum

Seek Thermal

Posted By: YanceyTX_Hunter

Seek Thermal - 04/20/16 01:22 PM

Was watching Pig Man yesterday and noticed that he was using a Seek Thermal Iphone Imager... was just curious if anyone has used this or has any input on the brand good or bad thanks!

http://www.thermal.com/products/compact/

http://www.amazon.com/Seek-Compact-Thermal-Imager-Apple/dp/B00NYWABAA#Ask
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Seek Thermal - 04/20/16 11:55 PM

I have the FLIR iPhone imager, good for house/construction uses, not so much for hunting.

Charlie
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Seek Thermal - 04/21/16 04:06 PM

Ive got the iphone FLIR. Ive been able to see deer at my feeder 200 yds. Also helped me find a doe after dark that i had shot in thick cover.

This is a pic of my hunting buddy when he was walking back to car. He is about 40 yds away.

Posted By: sapper21c

Re: Seek Thermal - 04/22/16 01:10 PM

I have the seek XR for my iphone. It works GREAT for scanning a field (I use it in conjunction with a photon XT). Sometimes it takes a while to find the critters with the photon, but I know they're out there from the Seek. I have also put a mean stalk on an armadillo or two I mistook for a pig, but you can certainly tell if there is something in a field/brush. Target recognition is almost impossible with it.
Posted By: texashunter900

Re: Seek Thermal - 04/25/16 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By: sapper21c
I have the seek XR for my iphone. It works GREAT for scanning a field (I use it in conjunction with a photon XT). Sometimes it takes a while to find the critters with the photon, but I know they're out there from the Seek. I have also put a mean stalk on an armadillo or two I mistook for a pig, but you can certainly tell if there is something in a field/brush. Target recognition is almost impossible with it.

Pretty much the same story for me, I use it to see movement and then use the Photon to identify it. It will take a while to get used to using it.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Seek Thermal - 04/25/16 12:53 PM

curious if the seek or flir one is better
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum