Texas Hunting Forum

I need a scope for a Henry Golden Boy

Posted By: Deerhunter61

I need a scope for a Henry Golden Boy - 04/06/16 12:01 PM

Guys,

I picked up a Henry Golden Boy 22lr for my grandson. I really liked the idea of shooting it with open sights but I have found that with my eyesight and the sights on the rifle I simply can't see well enough to shoot it as accurately as I would like and since Cameron is still in the oven I figured Paw Paw needs to shoot it and break it in until he gets old enough for it. Anyway I want a good scope with glass being the most important feature. I want glass as good as the old Ziess Conquests and would like recommendations. I'd like to keep the cost around $350 but not more than $500.

Thanks,

Mel
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: I need a scope for a Henry Golden Boy - 04/06/16 12:27 PM

Burris 1-4, vortex 1-6
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: I need a scope for a Henry Golden Boy - 04/06/16 01:49 PM

To me, a fixed 4x Leupold is perfect pairing with your Golden Boy mostly in terms of just being classic Americana.

Re: I need a scope for a Henry Golden Boy - 04/06/16 11:34 PM

Guys,

I just found a Meopta Pro 3-9x42 for $299.00 and bought it! So I'll be placing it on top of it!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: I need a scope for a Henry Golden Boy - 04/06/16 11:49 PM

Are you sure you want that much scope sitting on top of that rifle? Just seems like it would take away some of the look of a classic rifle like that.

I hope it works out well for you. up

Re: I need a scope for a Henry Golden Boy - 04/08/16 09:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Are you sure you want that much scope sitting on top of that rifle? Just seems like it would take away some of the look of a classic rifle like that.

I hope it works out well for you. up

Yep, pretty sure. My eyes aren't what they used to be. As for the classic look, I'm going to try this one and see and perhaps in the future when Cameron is old enough to really shoot it I might replace it with a 4 power or maybe a 1-4 power scope.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: I need a scope for a Henry Golden Boy - 04/08/16 10:54 AM

I think a Leupold 1-4x would be perfect.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: I need a scope for a Henry Golden Boy - 04/09/16 12:55 AM

You made a great choice, Meopta makes great optics

I'm right there with you on the "old eyes"

Re: I need a scope for a Henry Golden Boy - 04/13/16 01:42 AM

Guys,

I just realized that when you put a scope on it there's a dovetail gap left which frankly I don't like. Do they make anything that's fill it in even with the barrel?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum