Texas Hunting Forum

Yukon Nvrs-f need some experienced owners opinions.

Posted By: Mike Honcho

Yukon Nvrs-f need some experienced owners opinions. - 01/05/16 03:21 AM

So i traded a forum member for this nv scope. Its really been fun playing with but wanted some input how i can sight in more efficiently and if an illuminator will really net me some clarity.

For sighting in would a glow in the dark paint or sticker make the process easier?

What are some trouble areas with this unit i should remember to keep in mind?

As far as ir illuminators go im looking at the evolva T38 unit, any positives or negatives?. I currently have a wicked green hunting light, will i net a significant gain with the ir illuminator? And how is the evolva vs streamligh?

Thank you.
Posted By: STX Rattlesnake

Re: Yukon Nvrs-f need some experienced owners opinions. - 01/05/16 04:22 AM

I have never tried one of these but it seems like a basic Gen 1 scope.

Gen 1 absorbs what ambient light is available. Try putting an additional light source on your target, maybe a solar light or something else to basically light the target.
I have even used a smartphone in flashlight mode just to check my weapon in the field.
I haven't tried this yet, but some of the small license plate reflectors like you see on motorcycles to simulate a target about the size of a quarter may also work like an animals eye reflection.

Any additional illumination you can add to the weapon will help. It is possible to overpower the light reception if the light is too strong. If you are using in real open country, it's usually not that bad. If you are hunting in close quarters the light reflection off of the vegetation will cause it to white out. Also damp or wet conditions will cause blooming. Something along the lines of a rheostat or control on the back of a light would be ideal. I do know of one light that has a feature like that, but have not used one yet so I can't say for sure how all of that would work.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Yukon Nvrs-f need some experienced owners opinions. - 01/05/16 05:59 AM

Thanks stx
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum