Texas Hunting Forum

out of hunting for a while and have been impressed

Posted By: chemdawg

out of hunting for a while and have been impressed - 12/26/15 10:06 PM

i have not been able to hunt for about 6-7yrs i mean really hunt so i am not up on all the new scopes and stuff I have been really impressed in seeing how far they have come in 10-12yrs it was the last time i bought one company that made just junk are making decent stuff now I was amazed at how well they are made My dad strictly bought bushel they were top of the line but they got the job done after spending a few hours at the PX and at the gun shop looking at different scopes some i would not touch 15yrs ago like BSA i think it was the new ones were better then my best scope even the 100$ scopes had decent view and adjustments i guessed i missed out a lost over the years what hunting we did do in Ga was with the muzzle loaders I did not have to walk far just in to the crush then i sat on the bank of a creep that had a small trickle running down it even morning I would get a deer and my son would get his he never got a buck I need up with one every year but i hunted more then he did after my kill i would tag it and then go up to the game warden station either he would come and dress it for me or an other hunter that was there would do it and help me get it to the truck but after looking through all the scopes today I am up grading all my scopes on my shot guns muzzleloaders and rifles are all getting new scopes i ma not buy 300$ scope for every thing but i dont think i have too spend more the 150 for hunting with shot guns and muzzle loaders i am not taking 300yrs shots i bout a Cabales multi turret after watching the you tube videos for my 243 for 140 i think its one sale for and man was it crystal clear I was so impressed i almost put it on my credit card wich i dont ever do and i bout a nikon buck master II for my 30-06 maybe my shot gun i don know yet a guy at the rang on post has the bass procshop brand i thing it is i could be wrong it is an occuless i think it was called i dont know for sure my reading is not the great i could not hear what he was saying it sounded like he said it was the bass proshop brand of school it was probably the least impressive of all i looked through but it was not bad at all i got to shot with it a few rounds and the 100yrd bullseye was crystal clear and the the zoom was nice and strong granted i have been using very old scopes that were my fathers after he passed 6yrs ago never up graded them and they were already 5-9 yrs old so i think just about every thing is going to be in improvement But i just cant believe how much better they have gotten the options they a 250-300 scope comes the is what a 1000-1500 scoop would have back then there were so many decent scopes i didn't even know what ones to get for the shot guns or muzzle loader and they limited range guns and i was still confused i have impulse console issues like most who suffer from ptsd when i see something i buy it no questions on thought i just buy it not today i had to thing about it i just thought i would share my eperance with guys most of you have kept up and problem didn't notice the huge advances in scopes in th east 10yrs I thought having a drop comonsator on the from of my scope what high speed now its like so it was the first time i felt over whelmed in buying something i am going to do a little research on the ones i liked and then go back to the gun shop in Temple tx look at some more and buy one or 2 for one of the 2 muzzlers 50.cal and 12-20 gage shotguns
Posted By: miket1

Re: out of hunting for a while and have been impressed - 12/31/15 02:30 AM

Well, thats quite a bit to take in and process.....sounds like you have a plan as far as looking at them some more before deciding. I would probably hold off on buying more than one at a time. Maybe decide on which is the best one for a particular gun and see how it works out then you will have more real world experience with that brand etc

Good luck
Posted By: shadams

Re: out of hunting for a while and have been impressed - 12/31/15 02:44 PM

Nice...yea...I decided I am just going to stick with Vortex and save myself the research drama. I have never been one to research stuff to death and split hairs over features I never use anyway. So I find something I like that I know is a good product and jsut roll with it. With the VIP warranty you cant go wrong. My first rifle was a LAR-8 that I stuck a $100 bushnell on. It works great for what it is, but I didnt realize how much better a real scope was at the time. My Rem 700 I spent a chunk on a Vortex Viper and the difference is huge. I plan on a Viper PST next for the Rem and put the Viper on the AR....better to just buy a nice one the first time...

Re: out of hunting for a while and have been impressed - 12/31/15 06:39 PM

I am pretty much the same way if i like it i keep buying it even it it is not top of the line I just looked through them for a view i like in the pice I liked i bought a prostaff 5 and and some cheaper ones I have been using bushnell banners and trophies for a long long time it just they are old one is not as clear as i remember its a banner shot gun scope and the one muzleoder scope fogs up its a banner as well been using them since 1998-99 for 75$ they i got my money out of them i just wanted to go with a like nicer scope i plan on doing all my other guns with bushels for 100$ 120$ i would be sleep ing in my truck if my wife fined out i bought them a new gun and looking to get 2 more

Re: out of hunting for a while and have been impressed - 12/31/15 07:00 PM

and on option i am not smart enough any more to use all the fetatures my be i will contact firemang and make a trip with them so he can track me how to use them all correctly the shooting guys are here are nothing but a couple of frauds or th once i know of are one clames to me an mp snipper but the cores he took at lenerwooud is not a snippers school it is just and advanced marksmen course it ought just the basics i dont recall attending one of my buddy told me i had gone a i looked on my paper work and found it i had to ask a fe guys to fined out what it was they just tech shooting tactics with an older m14 and a scope its not even a great one from what i was told and you only short out to 300yrs i wass told and the other one i know of i have been told that he is just out for money he done not care if you lean anything in th 3hrs you are there you pend most of the time herring him barg about being a former sniper i dont know if he really was or just like the other guys just took an advanced mars mans class if the is even what it is called i would have to look up the actlue crouse name that is just what i call it because i cant remember the real name i would really like to lean how to use my scopes and how to accurlty hit tags out and beyond 300=400yrs is my max i am comfortable with he is just out for many he on i have talk to firemang a few times and he was really helpful on picket a new scope i dont thing he would have gotten the the prostaff but i liked it even though it is out side my knolage range maybe take my boys up there as well siren my dad is not around to teach them and i never learned how to do what he could with that 22-250 hitting wood chuck 800-900yrs out i never could from what i can remember a few hundred was it but he lived with that gun in his hand i think he loved it more them me at times. a lot of money when in to making it what he wanted but the prostaff 5 has the cumsotm matched turrets that i was told were more of a gimmick from firemang
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum