Texas Hunting Forum

Leopold. vs. Zeiss.

Posted By: Bittercreek

Leopold. vs. Zeiss. - 12/17/15 06:14 AM

Leopold, or; Zeiss. 500-600$. Range.
Mounted on 6.5/ or. 243. Ruger Preditor.
Thank you for any advice.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Leopold. vs. Zeiss. - 12/20/15 01:36 AM

I'm a fan of the Leupold company. Great optics, outstanding product support and customer service and made in the USofA.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Leopold. vs. Zeiss. - 12/20/15 02:07 AM

Not a fan of Leupold as of the past few years. Had a friend buy 3 Leupold scopes to put on his daughters rifles and had to send 2 back to get replacements after he could not get them so sight in
to hold zero. I prefer my Zeiss over my new Leupold that I have. The old Leupolds were great scopes.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Leopold. vs. Zeiss. - 12/20/15 02:09 AM

Know I am in the minority here but not a Leupold fan, have had to send too many back. Sure they fixed them but that does no good when on the mountain in Montana when they die.

Only have a couple Zeiss and have not tested the Warranty because have never had a reason to
Posted By: booradley

Re: Leopold. vs. Zeiss. - 12/20/15 11:03 PM

Your price range is something of an in between spot for Zeiss, not a lot to choose from. It is the high end for the Terra but a little too low for the HD5(other than Doug's deal). So based on the parameters I would probably go Leupold. I would rather have an HD5 than a VX-3 though if the ante is upped somewhat.
Posted By: themoonrulz

Re: Leopold. vs. Zeiss. - 12/20/15 11:33 PM

I have an HD5 and love it. Only clearer scope that I've seen is a Swarovski.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Leopold. vs. Zeiss. - 12/22/15 12:18 AM

Leupold, for $600 you could find a good used LPS with side focus. Not on here though.....
Posted By: coachwhite34

Re: Leopold. vs. Zeiss. - 12/22/15 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Not a fan of Leupold as of the past few years. Had a friend buy 3 Leupold scopes to put on his daughters rifles and had to send 2 back to get replacements after he could not get them so sight in
to hold zero. I prefer my Zeiss over my new Leupold that I have. The old Leupolds were great scopes.

I've got a Leopuld that may be 30 years old that I'm looking to sell. Its a 4 power. Its old but its a great scope. My grandad hunted with it for years and I inherited the gun and have hunted with it for 15 years. Never had to re-sight it until this year. Great scope.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Leopold. vs. Zeiss. - 12/22/15 10:14 PM

I have a Leupold vx3 4.5-14x40 with B&C reticle and a Zeiss hd5 3-15x44 with the rapid z600. So two fairly comparable products even though the Zeiss was more costly. Both have 1" tubes.

Overall, I'd prefer to have the Zeiss mostly because the sweet spot without scope shadow is much easier for me on the Zeiss than Leupold. I may give the clarity edge to Zeiss by the narrowest of margins. Side by side u can sort of tell the difference. But if u looked at one on one day and the other the next day, then I'd say they're the same level of perceived quality.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Leopold. vs. Zeiss. - 12/22/15 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: coachwhite34
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

I've got a Leopuld that may be 30 years old that I'm looking to sell. Its a 4 power. Its old but its a great scope. My grandad hunted with it for years and I inherited the gun and have hunted with it for 15 years. Never had to re-sight it until this year. Great scope.

Stx is 86 years old... He cant see an elephant at a 100 yards with a 4x
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Leopold. vs. Zeiss. - 12/23/15 02:18 AM

I'm 60 and I can't either, except all my scopes zoom to at least 8x.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum