Texas Hunting Forum

EOTECH

Posted By: The Dude Abides

EOTECH - 12/16/15 03:05 PM

Found this on another forum and thought I would drop a note in here for those that have them. I submitted RAs Saturday for 3 that I have and already received refund approval emails. Shipping them back to Eotech today!

Eotech Refund

12/12/15 - RA Submitted (x3)
12/14/15 - Email from Eotech "Refund Approved" (x3)
12/16/15 - Shipped
XX/XX/XX - Refund Issued
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: EOTECH - 12/16/15 03:20 PM

Can you post the link to the issue ? I think we have a lot on our swat rifles

Re: EOTECH - 12/16/15 04:31 PM

Lawsuit Link

Link
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: EOTECH - 12/17/15 08:26 AM

All state troopers have the Eotechs and they're all being sent back. They are switching to Aimpoint red dots.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: EOTECH - 12/17/15 08:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Can you post the link to the issue ? I think we have a lot on our swat rifles

The issue as I understand is you lose zero when it goes through a rapid large temp change. They test going from 0 to 100 degrees or vise verse.
Posted By: Payne

Re: EOTECH - 12/17/15 02:45 PM

It was tested at -40 to 122, seems the POI was changing up to 4 moa. There was also an issue with humidity.
There's a lot of info in the federal case if you read it.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: EOTECH - 12/17/15 04:28 PM

Thanks for sending his out. Much appreciated
Posted By: Cleric

Re: EOTECH - 12/17/15 09:18 PM

Quote:
Received this anecdote regarding the return of EOTech sights for refunds.

Had an interesting conversation with the head of the Liberty St. postal office in Ann Arbor, MI today. That office is responsible for handling all the mail going to EOtech returns in Ann Arbor, MI. I sent my EXPS2-0 in for a refund that was approved and it wasn’t showing as delivered yet, and was supposed to get there on Dec 8.
Today the guy at that office called me and apologized for not being able to locate it. They believe it was delivered but the carrier forgot to scan it because of the volume of packages being sent there.

Apparently they are getting 2 USPS truck loads a day in volume. Enough that USPS had asked EOtech to send a truck to the USPS office to come get all the packages.

This is for their Returns Dept. There are that many going back there.

From soldier systems . Net

Re: EOTECH - 12/17/15 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Cleric
Quote:
Received this anecdote regarding the return of EOTech sights for refunds.

Had an interesting conversation with the head of the Liberty St. postal office in Ann Arbor, MI today. That office is responsible for handling all the mail going to EOtech returns in Ann Arbor, MI. I sent my EXPS2-0 in for a refund that was approved and it wasn’t showing as delivered yet, and was supposed to get there on Dec 8.
Today the guy at that office called me and apologized for not being able to locate it. They believe it was delivered but the carrier forgot to scan it because of the volume of packages being sent there.

Apparently they are getting 2 USPS truck loads a day in volume. Enough that USPS had asked EOtech to send a truck to the USPS office to come get all the packages.

This is for their Returns Dept. There are that many going back there.

From soldier systems . Net

Yea...I suspect it will be [fill in the blank] weeks before getting a refund.
Posted By: lcbl75771

Re: EOTECH - 12/17/15 09:55 PM

Looks like a lot of refurbished Eotechs about to hit the market!

Re: EOTECH - 12/17/15 10:03 PM

sending mine in
Posted By: lcbl75771

Re: EOTECH - 12/17/15 10:17 PM

To the ones sending them in, have you actually had the problems listed or are you sending them back just because you get a full refund and can then get something else?
Posted By: Tim9880

Re: EOTECH - 12/18/15 01:09 AM

Im keeping mine, but it wont be on a gun my life depends on.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: EOTECH - 12/18/15 02:48 AM

Regardless whether or not you're having a problem now, it seems like a good idea in case you run into issues in the future when L3 is long gone from the Eotech business.

Re: EOTECH - 12/18/15 03:39 AM

Refund (because they said so in writing)...probably will get a Aimpoint T1. If I can't trust it on my rifle then I don't need it!
Posted By: Txfirecop

Re: EOTECH - 12/18/15 05:39 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this TXGUNNER. Just emailed for a RA myself. Most of my LE counterparts had no idea when I blasted this out to them. Once again, thanks.

Re: EOTECH - 12/18/15 04:40 PM

For those of you on the fence about turning in your Eotechs and replacing with another optic. So last night I pulled out one of my ARs that has an Aimpoint T1 on it. When I got it out of the case I noticed the TangoDown cover was open and the glass was exposed which was weird. I must have been in a rush the last time I shot this particular AR and forgot to cover the glass. BUT I also forgot to turn the T1 off as well. I just went back to figure out when I shot that gun last, i keep pretty good records of things....

THE AIMPOINT HAS BEEN ON LEVEL 4 FOR 109 DAYS STRAIGHT.

Thats why swapped Eotechs for Aimpoints about 3 years ago.
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: EOTECH - 12/18/15 05:15 PM

My Aimpoint pro has been on level 6 for over 3 years and is still going strong.

Looks like Aimpoint is about to sell a TON of sights.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: EOTECH - 12/19/15 03:37 AM

Have I missed what models are failing ? Or is it any/all ?? This isn't good.
Posted By: bobsumner

Re: EOTECH - 12/19/15 11:34 AM

My First Aimpoint 3 lasted over 6 years on the battery, I have 4. I switched after ordering perhaps the worse optic ever, the EOSuck. I have seen multiple EOSUCKS fail in multiple carbine classes. Never understood why someone would want one. The evidence has been out there for a long time, this does not come as a surprise.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: EOTECH - 12/21/15 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: lcbl75771
Looks like a lot of refurbished Eotechs about to hit the market!

No fix for them. That is why Eotech kept it a secret for years.
Posted By: passthru

Re: EOTECH - 12/21/15 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Ranch Dawg
Have I missed what models are failing ? Or is it any/all ?? This isn't good.

This is the question I'm waiting on an answer to.

Re: EOTECH - 12/21/15 04:43 AM

I was just informed,,,,all models. I hate this, Ive had several, still running one and I have never had issues.

Re: EOTECH - 12/21/15 04:44 AM

Which Aimpoint is comparable to the EO Tech ? For close quarters to 100 yards ?
Posted By: tth_40

Re: EOTECH - 12/21/15 05:15 AM

I'll be sending mine in.

Looking at a new Aimpoint to replace it with.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: EOTECH - 12/21/15 01:55 PM

What kills me is that they are still selling them through various vendors.

Re: EOTECH - 12/21/15 02:29 PM

I don't think many are actually selling but rather collecting dust until inventory clearance sales.

Re: EOTECH - 12/21/15 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
What kills me is that they are still selling them through various vendors.

Supposedly they developed a fix before the fbi did testing and proposed the solution as a general upgrade and not a specific upgrade. So the inventory in the system could be with the improvements

My feeling is that 90% of users would never see the drift at extreme temps but if I could trade my red dot in for 100% price I would consider it. I could get new copy of what I had or get an aim point.

I know a few people that had them sitting around not being used so they are happy
Posted By: bo3

Re: EOTECH - 12/21/15 05:07 PM

Just sent in my return requests. Hopefully my AR's will be wearing 1-4 scopes before long.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: EOTECH - 12/21/15 07:40 PM

Wheew! Glad I never bought one!

Love my SS 1-6X though!
Posted By: Cast

Re: EOTECH - 12/21/15 10:11 PM

I have two. How do I send them back and under what conditions do I qualify for a refund?
Posted By: passthru

Re: EOTECH - 12/22/15 02:32 PM

I have a 512. No issues . . . yet. Guess I need to box it up. Do you need a receipt?
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: EOTECH - 12/22/15 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
I have a 512. No issues . . . yet. Guess I need to box it up. Do you need a receipt?

Nope.
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: EOTECH - 12/27/15 01:22 AM

Anyone know how long the refunds will take?

12/18/15 - RA Submitted (2 512s)
12/22/15 - Refund Approved after some communication about the items
12/22/15 - Shipped
12/23/15 - Delivered to EOTech
Posted By: dredd

Re: EOTECH - 12/27/15 02:13 AM

This kinda sucks.

I wonder how they determine the "purchase price"?

I have had a 512 for at least 6 years. I don't remember what I paid for it.
Posted By: Chef Scott

Re: EOTECH - 12/27/15 02:23 AM

They have no idea. I just told them a $ amount, said it was purchased from a private seller and have no reciept. Eotech responded with an approval email within minutes. Mine was delivered to Eotech on Monday and am curious how long this process will take.

Re: EOTECH - 12/29/15 04:35 PM

Sent email today requesting refund timeline. I will post update once they reply!
Posted By: fr3db3ar

Re: EOTECH - 12/29/15 11:46 PM

They didn't ask any questions when I told them how much I paid for mine. It's the price that's still on the case but they don't need the case back. They said my refund would be processed asap but didn't indicate exactly what that meant.

Re: EOTECH - 12/30/15 02:09 PM

Received an email reply this morning to my inquiry yesterday...vanilla response

"Thank you for contacting EOTech. We are working on refunds and will process them as soon as possible."
Posted By: patriot_6.8

Re: EOTECH - 01/03/16 01:33 AM

Ok I have several EOTechs and I have not had any issues with them. Several of them are older. One is about 7 yrs 4 are probably about 2-3 and one is 2. Hmmm? I have 3 Aimpoints and I like them too. Not sending mine in. I simply don't have any issues with them.
Posted By: Texaslawman

Re: EOTECH - 01/03/16 06:10 AM

Originally Posted By: patriot_6.8
Ok I have several EOTechs and I have not had any issues with them. Several of them are older. One is about 7 yrs 4 are probably about 2-3 and one is 2. Hmmm? I have 3 Aimpoints and I like them too. Not sending mine in. I simply don't have any issues with them.

Same here Ive used them all over from 10 degrees to the Big bend area no issues. Just sank three of them stayed submerged for 4-5 hours in sandy water they all still work perfect.
Posted By: patriot_6.8

Re: EOTECH - 01/05/16 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Texaslawman
Originally Posted By: patriot_6.8

Same here Ive used them all over from 10 degrees to the Big bend area no issues. Just sank three of them stayed submerged for 4-5 hours in sandy water they all still work perfect.

Ok, now I gotta ask. WTH are you sinking them in sandy water for? That's a heck of a test. grin
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: EOTECH - 01/06/16 05:45 PM

Never had any problems with the ones I had but sent them back anyway. It may always work or it may fail at the worst time. Switching to the new trijicon MRO on one rifle to see if I like it. If not then I'm going aimpoint.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: EOTECH - 01/08/16 01:51 AM

I saw that mro today and I was impressed by how fast I could pick up the dot

Re: EOTECH - 01/08/16 03:45 AM

Anyone received their rebate yet?

Re: EOTECH - 01/08/16 06:37 PM

I emailed them and asked if they received mine and if they had a better time frame for refunds. This is their response.

Hello Jeff
They were just received ... I apologize for the delay but we are very busy processing refunds. I have no estimate as to when you will receive a check at this time.

Re: EOTECH - 01/15/16 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Chickenman

12/22/15 - Shipped

Dear chickenman,

Your product has been received and reviewed by EOTech and your refund is being processed. You will be updated by e-mail in the near future regarding check processing.

Thank You,

EOTech

I guess thats good. There were 2 Eotechs in my shipment to them with different RA numbers. Hopefully, one was not lost.

Re: EOTECH - 01/15/16 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: TXGUNNER308
Found this on another forum and thought I would drop a note in here for those that have them. I submitted RAs Saturday for 3 that I have and already received refund approval emails. Shipping them back to Eotech today!

Eotech Refund

12/12/15 - RA Submitted (x3)
12/14/15 - Email from Eotech "Refund Approved" (x3)
12/16/15 - Shipped
XX/XX/XX - Refund Issued

1/15/16

Dear TXGUNNER308,

Your product has been received and reviewed by EOTech and your refund is being processed. You will be updated by e-mail in the near future regarding check processing.

Thank You,

EOTech

Three products shipped on three different RA in three different packages. All three were signed for on 12/21/15
Posted By: fr3db3ar

Re: EOTECH - 01/15/16 04:26 PM

At least you guys have gotten that msg.

I've gotten nothing so far.
Posted By: MarkieMark

Re: EOTECH - 01/15/16 04:32 PM

Eotech just lost a huge lawsuit, good luck with the service. I love my aimpoints.

Re: EOTECH - 01/15/16 05:08 PM

No faith in them...would rather have Aimpoint or Trijicon products. EOTech is like a Blackberry...they fulfilled an initial need been have been surpassed by smaller, lighter and more effective products.

Re: EOTECH - 01/15/16 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: TXGUNNER308
No faith in them...would rather have Aimpoint or Trijicon products. EOTech is like a Blackberry...they fulfilled an initial need been have been surpassed by smaller, lighter and more effective products.

This. Just because you've never had issues with them to date doesn't mean you won't in the future. Then what????

Re: EOTECH - 01/15/16 09:53 PM

Just got an email from eotech. Hopefully not much longer.

Dear Jeffery Proctor,

Thank You,

EOTech
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: EOTECH - 01/16/16 05:08 PM

Yep, got my email yesterday.
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: EOTECH - 01/16/16 05:13 PM

I'd be a little concerned about sending one in and having them declare bankruptcy before they process a refund.

Re: EOTECH - 01/16/16 09:58 PM

they are apart of L3 i thought....not really worried about bankruptcy
Posted By: Tim9880

Re: EOTECH - 01/16/16 10:43 PM

Yeah. L3 has a lot of other business. I wouldnt be worried about it.

Re: EOTECH - 01/16/16 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Tim9880
Yeah. L3 has a lot of other business. I wouldnt be worried about it.

^ This!
Posted By: huntwest

Re: EOTECH - 01/17/16 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Cleric
they are apart of L3 i thought....not really worried about bankruptcy

So just because they are owned by a huge company you don't think that L3 would bankrupt the company? Eotech is run as a separate company as are all of the others they own.
Trust me they will in a heartbeat. That is exactly why no one has received a refund yet they will access how much it is going to cost them then make the decision.
They have lost all of the military and LE business so they have no reason to continue the company.

Re: EOTECH - 02/16/16 06:24 PM

Check your mail fellas!! Just received my refund!

Re: EOTECH - 02/16/16 07:44 PM

Thanks! Will be on the lookout for mine.

Re: EOTECH - 02/17/16 12:44 AM

Email received today...

"Good Afternoon,

Refund requests that have been returned can now be tracked thru our refund call center.

Please call 1 888 EOTHOLO

Option 3 in the sub menu

1 for the refund call center"

Re: EOTECH - 02/17/16 02:52 AM

2 out of 3 refund checks received today...$1,114 & $604.99

Re: EOTECH - 02/17/16 03:54 AM

Excellent! Good for you guys. I hope I can share in the excitement.

Re: EOTECH - 02/18/16 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Chickenman

12/22/15 - Shipped

Received my refund yesterday.

Re: EOTECH - 02/19/16 06:44 PM

got mine.

Re: EOTECH - 02/24/16 10:41 PM

If anyone is having issues or problems with their approved refunds you can send an email to this person...michael.kroll@l-3com.com.

He was a big help today on one refund that was missing for me.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: EOTECH - 03/16/16 02:49 PM

I have 3 that have been approved for refund. Do I need to ship them separate or can all 3 be in one box with their paperwork?

Re: EOTECH - 03/25/16 12:30 AM

Waiting on my check too. They saying about 4 weeks.
Posted By: glens

Re: EOTECH - 04/14/16 09:18 PM

Shipped 2 together. Approved March 24 for payment. Still waiting.

Re: EOTECH - 04/18/16 11:16 PM

Got my check today.

Re: EOTECH - 04/18/16 11:41 PM

Received my last check today!
Posted By: Aquaman

Re: EOTECH - 04/20/16 07:15 AM

Do they have a pay scale per mode?
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: EOTECH - 04/20/16 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Aquaman
Do they have a pay scale per mode?

I just used the MSRP plus 8.25% tax. I've had 4 approved so far.
Posted By: JCCinOhio

Re: EOTECH - 04/20/16 11:32 AM

Got my check Monday. Took about 5 1/2 weeks from when I sent it in to getting the check.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum