Texas Hunting Forum

Need reviews of NV scope

Posted By: 2010bigdog

Need reviews of NV scope - 12/15/15 08:46 PM

Need reviews of ATN X-Sight w/illuminator. That scope is in my price range. Will use in daylight more than night.
Thx
Posted By: passthru

Re: Need reviews of NV scope - 12/15/15 09:00 PM

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth...cop#Post6009873
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Need reviews of NV scope - 12/16/15 05:37 PM

There are multiple threads on this site if you just search. It is sort of OK as a day scope, but regular glass is much better. Sucks as a night scope IMHO...

Re: Need reviews of NV scope - 12/17/15 07:18 PM

Not sounding so good.
Posted By: Bmnloader

Re: Need reviews of NV scope - 12/17/15 07:33 PM

I'm using the Photon. Haven't used it alot yet but so far, I like it.
Posted By: ChasCZ

Re: Need reviews of NV scope - 12/17/15 10:59 PM

I like my X-sight enough that I just receivd my second one. Same as glass in the daytime? No, but close enough. Night mode? With stock IR good on coon sized animals out to 100yrds, with a larger aftermarket IR good to farther than I'll shoot which is 200yrds.
Posted By: Dale Wilson

Re: Need reviews of NV scope - 12/22/15 02:26 PM

Believe the reviews stay away. Go with the other options.
Posted By: Benzy2

Re: Need reviews of NV scope - 12/23/15 12:21 AM

I am very happy with my X-sight for the money I paid. It's usable as a day scope and usable as a night scope. To get true night vision that equals the X-sight with a good illuminator I would have had to spend 5x as much or more. For what it is, it does well. If you want a flawless, professional grade night sight this isn't it but for the casual hunter it is an effective way to get in the night shooting game. It has its problems but at $400-$500 I can live with them knowing I didn't have to spend $3000-$5000 to get vision at night either. If you're realistic with your expectations it does what it it's supposed to do, let you see and shoot at night.

Re: Need reviews of NV scope - 12/25/15 10:21 PM

Thx for further reviews.
Posted By: TXGH

Re: Need reviews of NV scope - 12/29/15 12:37 AM

I love this sight! I got it a week ago and killed a doe and 2 hogs with it already. Below is a video I did on Saturday with my doe kill. I will be uploading some night vision video tomorrow but I forgot to hit record on the kill part. I am going out again on Thursday to try to get a Night vision kill on camera. I wills ay one thing, Then IR illumination that comes with it is garbage past 80 yards, so buy a new one to attach to your rifle.

Posted By: Txfirecop

Re: Need reviews of NV scope - 12/29/15 01:57 AM

Hey caddie, where did you get the two "hos" at... roflmao

I have the X-Sight and it works fine for the price paid. They have had their share of problems and have taken their time addressing them. I do agree the IR source is trash. I purchased a good quality IR and am having no problems. As stated above, if you want that clean, professional night sight, move on to a high end and high priced unit. If your looking to break into the night vision then this is a good choice. They have solved a lot of the problems with firmware updates.
Posted By: TXGH

Re: Need reviews of NV scope - 12/29/15 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Txfirecop
Hey caddie, where did you get the two "hos" at... roflmao

I have the X-Sight and it works fine for the price paid. They have had their share of problems and have taken their time addressing them. I do agree the IR source is trash. I purchased a good quality IR and am having no problems. As stated above, if you want that clean, professional night sight, move on to a high end and high priced unit. If your looking to break into the night vision then this is a good choice. They have solved a lot of the problems with firmware updates.

ALSO keep in mind this is NOT a glass scope, and is not as clear as a glass scope as you see from the video (although youtube is more pixelated than in person). But for the price its a great scope to have and with the latest firmware I have not had any issues.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Need reviews of NV scope - 12/29/15 03:13 AM

Also keep in mind, you are VERY dependent on batteries! I was squeezing on my first large buck when the batteries decided to die. My backup AA's were somehow dead and the rechargeable NiCad (USB to the scope) on the rail was dead (which is why the batteries in the scope died). Lesson learned, will not happen again. I also bring my 30.06 with a Leupold VX3 with me now for day shooting. smile

If you're getting it for mostly day use, I'd say don't buy it. I think it's a great scope for mostly night use and some day use. I also think it's a great night scope for $600.

Charlie
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum