Texas Hunting Forum

Me and my Resolute go Deer hunting

Posted By: HornSlayer

Me and my Resolute go Deer hunting - 11/05/15 06:48 PM

Replaced the N750 with my Resolute Night Scope. Can't wait to see how well it performs this weekend. Anybody want to buy a Pulsar N750?

Posted By: dee

Re: Me and my Resolute go Deer hunting - 11/06/15 12:43 PM

Umm I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use nv on deer. Even if you can run the setup in the day you would still likely be at the mercy of the game wardens decision.
Posted By: He'sDeadJim

Re: Me and my Resolute go Deer hunting - 11/06/15 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dee
Umm I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use nv on deer. Even if you can run the setup in the day you would still likely be at the mercy of the game wardens decision.

Got a law for that one, Huckleberry?
Posted By: miket1

Re: Me and my Resolute go Deer hunting - 11/07/15 12:56 PM

Good luck, and dont forget to post pics!
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Me and my Resolute go Deer hunting - 11/09/15 03:43 AM

It's only illegal to hunt deer at night,the type of optic you choose to use on your firearm during the day is up to you.

Re: Me and my Resolute go Deer hunting - 11/09/15 03:46 AM

No deer this trip but I did shoot a gobbler. Had a huge boar come in Friday night right at dark but was hesitant to take the shot. The BBQ at the Hunters Appreciation dinner had more appeal at the time!

Re: Me and my Resolute go Deer hunting - 11/13/15 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: He'sDeadJim
Originally Posted By: dee

Got a law for that one, Huckleberry?

It uses a external illuminator like most nv which illegal on deer.

Re: Me and my Resolute go Deer hunting - 11/19/15 10:22 PM

Just so you know, I take the torch off before the legal shooting time in the morning and do not replace it until after dark. Last week here was a huge hog on my place that I thought was a calf when it came through a little after sundown. Didn't have the torch mounted and couldn't see it well enough to make an ethical shot. Now I'm ready with a quick release mount on the torch. I can mount and dismount it in seconds.

Re: Me and my Resolute go Deer hunting - 11/20/15 02:38 PM

Having it with you like that can easily put you in the gray area of officer discretion. Never a great thing.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum