Texas Hunting Forum

My first Leupold scope failure

Posted By: 603Country

My first Leupold scope failure - 08/22/15 06:58 PM

Just the other day I was shooting tiny groups with 40, 55, and 65 grainers in my 223 and was happy as a clam. Yesterday I did a little shooting with the 65 gr GK's and groups were not exactly what I had seen before. So today I grabbed the 55 gr Noslers, because I know for a fact that they shoot great groups. Well, groups were spread out and random. One left, one low, one high, etc. The only time I ever saw this sort of thing was when a scope died. I had an extra, a VariX-III in 4.5-14 that was recently 'freshened' by Leupold. I put that on there and got small groups. I've heard folks badmouth the VX2 6-18, but I just ignored them. And here it is my turn to fuss. I'll send it off to Leupold next week and ask them to check it out and give me a new reticle (if they'll do that for a VX2).

I guess I can no longer say that I've never had a Leupold fail me.

On the good side, that old VariX-III is bright and clear. It'll do just fine, and I might not put the 6-18 back on it after being fixed.
Posted By: Night Hunting TV

Re: My first Leupold scope failure - 08/25/15 03:44 PM

My dads 25 year Leupold failed couple years ago. They replaced everything in it with the newest stuff out. Back to its old self. My dad was pleasantly surprised with them...
Posted By: redchevy

Re: My first Leupold scope failure - 08/25/15 03:47 PM

Hope they make it right. Have several older VXII's. They are not high end scopes by todays standards, but they have been plenty clear and good to me for years/decades.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum