Texas Hunting Forum

Vortex Red Dot

Posted By: tth_40

Vortex Red Dot - 07/25/15 04:14 PM

Looking to put a new red dot sight on my Ruger SR 556. I have VERY limited experience with these types of sights and was looking at the SPARC II. I've looked at the Aimpoint and EOTech sights, just wondering if the extra money they are going for is really worth it.

Thoughts?
Posted By: dredd

Re: Vortex Red Dot - 07/25/15 05:36 PM

I bought the SPARC II a few months back.
It is mounted on a 16" AR15.

It has been hauled back & forth to lease several times with about 200 rounds through it.
No problems with it.

I have also had an EOTech for many years, which I really really like.

If you are looking for a less expensive Dot, you should be happy with the Vortex.
I have no complaints.
However, it is not an EOTech.
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: Vortex Red Dot - 07/25/15 06:45 PM

For combat, they are absolutely worth it. If you are target shooting for fun, probably not.
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Vortex Red Dot - 07/25/15 06:58 PM

I had the original sparc, I gave it to my son. If found on sale; the Aimpoint PRO can be had for around $370. I've had mine for a couple of years with several thousand rounds. It's been on and off the rifle several times and still holds perfect zero. I replaced the battery for the first time a few weeks ago; but it was actually still going strong.
Posted By: Tim9880

Re: Vortex Red Dot - 07/26/15 05:13 PM

If its just for play I like my Primary Arms micro dot. If it was for a serious gun eotech or aimpoint. Only played with the sparc a little and its ok.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum