Texas Hunting Forum

Which scope

Posted By: Sq2 hunter

Which scope - 06/01/15 10:16 PM

I'm wanting to get the Leupold Mark 4 long range scope 6.5-20X50MM scope with M1 adjustment turret knobs. But here is where I'm hung up. HorizonFirearms mentioned that if I get the M1 MOA turrets don't get the mil dot reticle and go with the tmoa reticle but I can't find a Leupold with that set up.. Y'all have any advice?
Posted By: Sq2 hunter

Re: Which scope - 06/01/15 11:54 PM

Scratch that I'm going with mil mil
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Which scope - 06/02/15 12:04 AM

Still do not understand why scope makers mix MIL and MOA on the same scope. Leupold rep was showing me a scope a month or so ago that was MIL retical and MOA adjustments. I handed it back to him and said I would never buy that. When I told him why and ask why they make scopes like that he had no clue. Same guy was saying the Windage adjust mounts were the best ones.

Where do they get those reps?
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Which scope - 06/02/15 12:56 PM

If your going to be hunting and shooting LR you should look at the Bushnell Elite 4.5-18 LRHS or 3.5-21.

FFP and outstanding glass. Zero stop. I love mine. Really nice reticle on the LRHS that's not too busy for hunting but still great for long range target shooting.

I've got Leupolds on all my other rifles and their great scopes, but this one is far superior to any of my Leupolds.
Posted By: dee

Re: Which scope - 06/02/15 03:19 PM

Hopefully you get a Leupold that tracks well as their reputation is a bit hit or miss. I wouldn't buy one unless it's at a discount as I don't believe they are worth their retail price.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Which scope - 06/02/15 04:36 PM

Go mil mil!!
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Which scope - 06/02/15 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
Go mil mil!!

I second that motion.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Which scope - 06/02/15 10:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Sq2 hunter
Scratch that I'm going with mil mil