Texas Hunting Forum

X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update

Posted By: s6275

X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/03/15 08:23 PM

New update, new thread (?)
Posted By: MGP

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/03/15 08:52 PM

Just downloaded it on my 5x and this was the first time I did not have to do a hard reboot it did it all on its own. But my question is Zoom Position , Center or Reticle? I don't see any difference.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/03/15 09:01 PM

You lost your zero settings, so "center" and "reticle" are the same. Eventually, you'll want reticle.
Posted By: HuntTXhogs

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/03/15 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: s6275
New update, new thread (?)

That is the way it has been going

happy3
Posted By: shoots100

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/03/15 09:22 PM

Jeez, I've been out of town a week and there's two new updates !
I've been hunting with the .246 version, I hope the .253 version is an improvement.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/03/15 09:25 PM

I am fairly certain the firmware is locking the xsight.bin for a very specific reason, and it is because the firmware does now have the ability to reboot without the user dropping the batteries. With the file locked, the scope isn't able to infinitely attempt to update the firmware unless the user intervenes and unlocks the file.
Posted By: mikei

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/03/15 09:34 PM

I just loaded .253 into my 5x. The initial load went smoothly, but I had to drop the batteries to get it out of the WiFi loop. Then I ran through my settings and turned WiFi "ON," and then couldn't get it to turn off, even after removing the batteries and starting all over again. I had to go back to .248, then back to .253 to get rid of WiFi. Now the scope won't stay turned off after powering down; I had to drop the batteries again. Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/03/15 10:05 PM

I am fairly certain the firmware is locking the xsight.bin for a very specific reason, and it is because the firmware does now have the ability to reboot without the user dropping the batteries. With the file locked, the scope isn't able to infinitely attempt to update the firmware unless the user intervenes and unlocks the file.

Which sort of sucks if you have multiple scopes to upgrade and you intended to use a single SD card to do it all in one session.
Posted By: MGP

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/03/15 10:07 PM

This time the update went smooth I did not have to drop out the batteries and it updated

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/03/15 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: mikei
I just loaded .253 into my 5x. The initial load went smoothly, but I had to drop the batteries to get it out of the WiFi loop. Then I ran through my settings and turned WiFi "ON," and then couldn't get it to turn off, even after removing the batteries and starting all over again. I had to go back to .248, then back to .253 to get rid of WiFi. Now the scope won't stay turned off after powering down; I had to drop the batteries again. Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

There is an option (I think) to reset the scope to factory settings. Couldn't hurt.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/03/15 11:28 PM

I'll try that, s6275, and see how/if it works, and report back. Thanks for the suggestion.
Posted By: kohj1978

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/03/15 11:53 PM

Mikei, Im having the same issue, also had this problem with 248 and i tried the factory reset with this one also and it does the same thing, so reformat the card and reinstall and pull the batteries and card during the wifi config and dont enable it and you can use the sight.
Posted By: fr3db3ar

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 12:03 AM

Got a new 3x on the way. Hope this will all work out well. Now we just need a solutions for the viewfinder.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 12:29 AM

I'll try that, s6275, and see how/if it works, and report back. Thanks for the suggestion.

Black buttons/ non-threaded objective on yours, or is yours the newer threaded-objective, red-button model?

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 01:16 AM

Mine is the black button model. Non-threaded objective lens. I tried the "factory settings reset" exercise and it did not work; as a matter of fact, I got no response when I pushed the buttons asking for a factory reset. I've pulled the batteries to get it to shut down. I'll try to get out tonight and see what's working with the new release.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: kohj1978
Mikei, Im having the same issue, also had this problem with 248 and i tried the factory reset with this one also and it does the same thing, so reformat the card and reinstall and pull the batteries and card during the wifi config and dont enable it and you can use the sight.

What about you? Black buttons/ non-threaded objective on yours, or is yours the newer threaded-objective, red-button model?
Posted By: TomH FW

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 01:29 AM

Mine did the first phase fine, but on reboot/config, it hung at 30%. I had to loosen the battery cap, and force a reboot. After that it did complete, including wifi.
Posted By: faregame

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 06:11 AM

From their Facebook page

ATN The only change made was to fix a glitch that caused the device to reboot.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: kohj1978

What about you? Black buttons/ non-threaded objective on yours, or is yours the newer threaded-objective, red-button model?

I have the newer threaded with red buttons, But im going to call ATN on Monday to see if they will swap it out for a 3X if not Im just going to send it back and wait for my refund to buy a 3X

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 02:45 PM

I don't think you'll have much luck there. People with RMAs are being told 4-6 weeks for repair or replacement of the same model. Hopefully they are preoccupied meeting those customer's needs and not accepting swap-for-the-other-one-just-because requests at this time. Refund is probably the way to go, and good news: there is a veritable salad bar of reasons you can list for returning it! grin
Posted By: Beaubien

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 03:22 PM

I just loaded 253. Still hangs during configuring wifi. Not even going to try to turn on wifi. It will undoubtedly lock the scope.

Anyone know what bug fixes this addressed?

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 03:39 PM

I think they have stated (on Facebook) that it was to address a boot-loop condition.
Posted By: Shadow357x2

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 03:44 PM

As well as sleep mode not functioning properly.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 03:50 PM

I hope hanging up in configuring wifi is next. That was reported during beta testing, was hoping it would be addressed.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 03:57 PM

I think they have stated (on Facebook) that it was to address a boot-loop condition.

Post link for this, all I've read is what Scott country posted on their FB.

ATN left the change log of 248 on the firmware page for 253 which is not helpful.

I'm going to review footage from last night later today to see if viewfinder and video out are synced for brightness.

HTXH
Posted By: MrKingLouie

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 03:58 PM

Some scopes have wifi some don't, i have 3, one is sent back with wifi
not working, the other 2 have wifi working, mass-storage working,
recorded content menu is not working.

/MKL

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 04:52 PM

That's what I am hearing. mine configured the wifi fine until 234 version

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 04:56 PM

OK so I'm about to bite the bullet, again lol. I saw the videos HuntTXhogs did about the 3x vs 5x and the FOV seems to be what im looking for with a max shooting range under 300 yards for deer and under 200 for coyotes,(Vermont, its all trees) how is the focus on them i thought i read is was auto or no adjustment and does he image quality get really grainy like the 5x at full magnification

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs

Post link for this, all I've read is what Scott country posted on their FB.

ATN left the change log of 248 on the firmware page for 253 which is not helpful.

I'm going to review footage from last night later today to see if viewfinder and video out are synced for brightness.

HTXH

https://www.facebook.com/ATNNightVision/posts/10153810181013009

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 08:00 PM

faregame, even with the new firmware, my 5-18 continues to restart on its own, even after I have powered it down. I still have to do a battery cap removal to turn it off. Also, while playing around with the different functions, the scope locked up when zoomed to max range. I had an image, but it would not zoom back down below where it locked up, would not take a picture or a video, and did not respond to powering off using the power button. Again, I had to drop the batteries and start over. Has anyone experienced these issues with the .253 release?
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 08:22 PM

I did notice mine works better as a hammer if I hold it by the diopter end instead of the objective end.
Posted By: jimmyb79

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 08:43 PM

Gents - if any of you are on Facebook - there is a new group called ATN X-Sight Owners which has been created to share any hints etc from owners of the X-Sight, but also to put feedback of issues on there. The feedback will be seen by Scott Country who will be in a position to feedback directly to ATN where appropriate.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 09:55 PM

Interesting approach. I like it.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 10:26 PM

faregame, even with the new firmware, my 5-18 continues to restart on its own, even after I have powered it down. I still have to do a battery cap removal to turn it off. Also, while playing around with the different functions, the scope locked up when zoomed to max range. I had an image, but it would not zoom back down below where it locked up, would not take a picture or a video, and did not respond to powering off using the power button. Again, I had to drop the batteries and start over. Has anyone experienced these issues with the .253 release?

I have not. The only way mine powers back up after a shut down is if I hold the power button down too long. I count to 4 and that usually works.

As for the lock up, mine is fine unless I try to enable wifi at which point it turns into a brick.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/04/15 10:46 PM

Going out to sight mine in today - will test a few things - will be using 253

Haven't noticed any issues like that though

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/05/15 03:39 AM

I tested the video image "skewed brightness" feature again last night. I have to admit the recorded output file looks pretty amazing. It pains me to watch the side by side and not know if the current near eye display IS or ISNT capable of matching the video output in terms of brightness and smoothness.

I understand that these are complex products and the technical limitations involved with bringing a new product to market so hopefully these video tests and YOUR COMMENTS AND FEEDBACK translate into improvements where they count on future models/versions of the X-sight....

Video of 248 (re-validation of previous test) and upgraded the firmware in the stand cool and immediately followed with a video test on 253 firmware build. All in all it looks as though the image brightness skewing is the same between both firmware builds. LIGHT AMPLIFICATION SET TO LOW!

NOTE: I do want to point out that I am pouring over this pretty good because it was my experience previously with the Xsight that the viewfinder image AND recorded video output image were synced with each other. I offer the following "oldie but goodie" for your consideration. This was firmware build .200 or .228 I don't exactly remember

So if you compare the 100 yard UNV20IR image of the 200/228 build to the recorded video output image (small inset video) of the 248/253 video you will see that ATN certainly tinkered with the settings, unfortunately (i know dead horse kicking) the viewfinder image didn't change by much through all of this.

HTXH

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/05/15 03:46 AM

I have to wonder if it isn't the auto dimming feature that causes the quality to be low on the display. I noticed when I was hunting I could raise the scope towards the horizon it got bright and real clear. I could lower it and sometimes it would stay bright and clear. I hope they add a feature to disable.
Posted By: kenken0269

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/05/15 05:20 PM

I just bought the 3-12 version and got it sighted in yesterday. So far so good. I have it on an AR15 in 5.56. After each shot it would shut off and right back on. I have been in contact with a guy named Sachel and he helped with that issue. I have a question about the IR illuminator. Is the one that comes with the unit good enough or is there a better one that everyone is using?

kenken

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/05/15 05:38 PM

kenken,

Get an Uniquefire UF-1407(UNV IR-20) or UF-1503(T50), good
budget choise and very well spended money.
I havn't tried the included one smile

/MKL
Posted By: MoShootr

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/05/15 06:53 PM

I would call the included IR "adequate", but not "great". It does the job out to about 150 yards or so. Past that is a stretch. Depends on what you need, vs what your budget is for an aftermarket IR. MKL's suggestions seem to be universally accepted as good choices. I personally have only used the included IR.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/06/15 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By: faregame

Going out to sight mine in today - will test a few things - will be using 253

Haven't noticed any issues like that though

Both of mine functioned normally during sighting in - version 253
Posted By: xavxxx

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/06/15 07:58 AM

Mine has been shutting off after each shot then restarts itself back on...Any Ideas..?
My battery cap is tight. Started doing it with the new update

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/06/15 10:12 AM

I wonder how owners who don't visit this forum know there is new firmware. I never did receive an email update for 253 like I did for 248.
Posted By: b4ger731

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/06/15 02:02 PM

good job i found this site as i have never had an email. from atn with an update.witch i would like to have.
the scope zooms in .theres no flickering but no sound which i woulk like them to sort out sooner rather than later.the rest i can wait for
Posted By: Dirt

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/06/15 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: b4ger731
good job i found this site as i have never had an email. from atn with an update.witch i would like to have.
the scope zooms in .theres no flickering but no sound which i woulk like them to sort out sooner rather than later.the rest i can wait for

Don't know about the current verion, on .248 when I viewed recorded video via Windows Media PLayer, I had no audio. When uploaded to utoob, the audio was there.

Cheers

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/06/15 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Dirt

Don't know about the current verion, on .248 when I viewed recorded video via Windows Media PLayer, I had no audio. When uploaded to utoob, the audio was there.

Cheers

Link to the video on Utoob, please?

This I find really strange as I have uploaded a few vids and they have no sound...
Posted By: VAFish

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/06/15 05:38 PM

never mind.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/06/15 11:57 PM

I tested the video image "skewed brightness" feature again last night. I have to admit the recorded output file looks pretty amazing. It pains me to watch the side by side and not know if the current near eye display IS or ISNT capable of matching the video output in terms of brightness and smoothness.

I understand that these are complex products and the technical limitations involved with bringing a new product to market so hopefully these video tests and YOUR COMMENTS AND FEEDBACK translate into improvements where they count on future models/versions of the X-sight....

Video of 248 (re-validation of previous test) and upgraded the firmware in the stand cool and immediately followed with a video test on 253 firmware build. All in all it looks as though the image brightness skewing is the same between both firmware builds. LIGHT AMPLIFICATION SET TO LOW!

NOTE: I do want to point out that I am pouring over this pretty good because it was my experience previously with the Xsight that the viewfinder image AND recorded video output image were synced with each other. I offer the following "oldie but goodie" for your consideration. This was firmware build .200 or .228 I don't exactly remember

HTXH

Also the FOV is much narrower on the display, But i assume this has to do with keeping the retcil centered also. they are basically zooming in on one spot on the screen to keep it centered, so in turn losing some resolution and FOV which may account for the difference

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/07/15 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by HuntTXhogs
Originally Posted by Dirt
Originally Posted by b4ger731

Cheers

This I find really strange as I have uploaded a few vids and they have no sound...

OK. I was hoping not to post this vid. My first X-Sight hunt. This was .228v (my bad)
whereas no audio viewing via Windows Media Player, once up on utoob, audio was there.
This pig I shot when I was banging sub MOA groups at 100 yards. After I loaded .246v,
I haven't been able to group less than three inches at 100 yards. I'll work on this more over the weekend.

I recovered this hog the following day, after an epic blood tracking effort that took three hours for 300 yards. If I didn't have a bad back, I could have found him in about 30 minutes. A heavy dew kept the blood from drying out.

Cheers

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/07/15 09:56 PM

I was curious to find out exactly what the FOV was with my 5-18 at different yardages at the 5X and 15X zoom setting. (It tends to hang up at the full zoom, so I didn't push it to the max for this test) Using a laser range finder to determine the exact ranges of 50 and 100 yards, I set up a target stand and placed a new target in the middle of it. With the help of a shooting buddy, we hooked the end of a measuring tape over a screw we had driven into the bulls eye of the target, and then walked the tape out, while one of us was looking through the scope, until the person with the tape disappeared off the RH side of the scope. We then logged that distance. We repeated it to get the following FOV measurements:
5X at 50 yards = 10 feet
5X at 100 yards = 20 feet
15X at 50 yards = 12 inches
15X at 100 yards = 5 feet

I checked several other functions, like reticle zero, video, still, and verified that the reticle was not moving off center or causing a change in POI as I moved from 50 to 100 yards.

While this was not a very comprehensive test of all the advertised functions, it has given me the confidence that, as it sits on my AR right now, I can go day hunting and the scope will deliver the functions I want. If the weather holds, I'll do some night testing, but I have no reason to believe that the night test will be any different. It will be more a test of the range of the scope with and without the included IR illuminator at different yardages.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/07/15 10:51 PM

Were these FOV measurements listed above really just half the true distance or did you double the actual tape measurement for the right and left field to get the measurements listed above?

Curious why the 15x at 50 yards is 12 inches while doubling the yardage gives a FOV of 5 times that....doesn't seem right. Optically it should just double, unless I am thinking it wrong

confused2

I wonder if the zoom and reticle staying centered have anything to do with that? Has anyone else experienced a similar effect?

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/08/15 01:07 AM

Texas buckeye, we ran the tape from the center of the target out to the right of the target until the holder of the tape disappeared off the RH side of the viewing area. The measurement was taken at that point, and then we doubled the resulting number. And, I honestly cannot tell you WHY we got what we got, and I am certainly not an expert in the subject matter. All I can tell you is that those were the numbers we logged. Obviously it was not a scientific test under controlled, clinical conditions, so you probably should take our results with at least a pillar of salt; but it gave me an idea of about what I was looking at, and it reaffirmed my suspicion that keeping the zoom in the lower numbers makes a great deal of sense in my hunting environment, which is Central Texas Hill Country with a lot of brush and very few lanes of fire over 100 yards. It also makes me think that when ATN gets this sight sorted out, I should probably buy a 3-12 and keep the 5-18 for hunting trips to the "big country" with wide open spaces!

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/08/15 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by HuntTXhogs
Originally Posted by b4ger731

Cheers

OK. I was hoping not to post this vid. My first X-Sight hunt. This was .228v (my bad)
whereas no audio viewing via Windows Media Player, once up on utoob, audio was there.
This pig I shot when I was banging sub MOA groups at 100 yards. After I loaded .246v,
I haven't been able to group less than three inches at 100 yards. I'll work on this more over the weekend.

I recovered this hog the following day, after an epic blood tracking effort that took three hours for 300 yards. If I didn't have a bad back, I could have found him in about 30 minutes. A heavy dew kept the blood from drying out.

Cheers

Dirt, thanks for clearing that up - so your experience with audio seems to be PC/MAC related and you weren't getting sound out of the most recent firmwares like the rest of us.

As for the video, did that hog end up getting up AGAIN and walking away?

eek2
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/08/15 01:47 AM

Texas buckeye, we ran the tape from the center of the target out to the right of the target until the holder of the tape disappeared off the RH side of the viewing area. The measurement was taken at that point, and then we doubled the resulting number. And, I honestly cannot tell you WHY we got what we got, and I am certainly not an expert in the subject matter. All I can tell you is that those were the numbers we logged. Obviously it was not a scientific test under controlled, clinical conditions, so you probably should take our results with at least a pillar of salt; but it gave me an idea of about what I was looking at, and it reaffirmed my suspicion that keeping the zoom in the lower numbers makes a great deal of sense in my hunting environment, which is Central Texas Hill Country with a lot of brush and very few lanes of fire over 100 yards. It also makes me think that when ATN gets this sight sorted out, I should probably buy a 3-12 and keep the 5-18 for hunting trips to the "big country" with wide open spaces!

This is what my main question was about. It seems small for a 5X mag when you write it out (for comparison, my swaro Z5 has a FOV at 100 yards of 30 ft at 3.5X to 6 ft at 18X).

Wasn't trying to do anything than raise the point about the other stuff...not sure why or what or if that will be consistent, but it is odd, at least to me. In optical scopes, FOV should proportionally get larger as you go out in distance, double distance doubles FOV, for any given magnification. I am guessing the strange FOV increase you saw with the 15X is related to the digital components of the scope, since we are not dealing with an optical scope.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/08/15 12:50 PM

Texas Buckeye, I know so little about optics that I can't even carry on an intelligent conversation about them! I'm purely a "casual user" of the device. I shared what I observed, but unfortunately I'm unable to discuss any "why so's" about what I observed.
Posted By: turbo0001

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/08/15 01:08 PM

Hey Dirt, I had a similar experience this last weekend when I upgraded from .200 -> .248 and re-sighted in. I assumed I was just tired or the mounts were coming loose, as I can't imagine a firmware upgrade would make the scope less consistent. I am going to try again this coming weekend. So, I'm curious to hear about your findings.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/08/15 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: turbo0001

Hey Dirt, I had a similar experience this last weekend when I upgraded from .200 -> .248 and re-sighted in. I assumed I was just tired or the mounts were coming loose, as I can't imagine a firmware upgrade would make the scope less consistent. I am going to try again this coming weekend. So, I'm curious to hear about your findings.

HTXH's, Yes the pig got up and left after I thought he was down for good.
Using .228, I had very good grouping. After going to .246, I couldn't get
that back. But I've got so much shim under the rear of the scope attachment and the rail, the rear bite of the mount is barley hanging on.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/08/15 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: turbo0001

HTXH's, Yes the pig got up and left after I thought he was down for good.
Using .228, I had very good grouping. After going to .246, I couldn't get
that back. But I've got so much shim under the rear of the scope attachment and the rail, the rear bite of the mount is barley hanging on.

funny this was brought up, i was taking out the center of the target bench shooting but after the 246/253 update my groups were in the 5" range, i thought it was just me for some reason but then i hade my friend over, an active duty sniper, and his groups were no better than mine. I just swaped my 5x out for a 3x because of the FOV and have yet to shoot it.
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/08/15 06:23 PM

I noticed the same significant increase in my groups last Friday when checking zero after upgrading to 248. I have little confidence in POI right now.

I removed the mount, cleaned and added loctite, and will be at the range Friday morning.
Posted By: DavidK

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/10/15 03:09 AM

From their Facebook page

that's what I needed to know

what are you using your X-Sight for in NZ? What animals?

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/10/15 06:56 AM

Originally Posted By: DavidK
From their Facebook page

that's what I needed to know

what are you using your X-Sight for in NZ? What animals?

Pretty much everything; a lot of rabbits, hares, pigs and goats - deer a bit later in the year when I drive down to where they are - mostly at night, but some day/evening

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/10/15 10:55 PM

Testing continues - the two previous efforts yielded consistent results of there being a difference between the viewfinder's image brightness and clarity versus the recorded video output and these observations were further demonstrated in the latest testing using 3 various firmware builds.

HOWEVER this test does dispel some of my previously reported information and testing regarding the recorded video output varying between firmwares, it is pretty solid evidence in the latest test that the recorded video image brightness and clarity is unchanged.

It just goes to show that multiple tests are probably a better indicator of overall performance of a system given the wide array of variables involved such as but not limited to weather conditions, terrain, elevation, battery charges, etc etc etc.

Here is the 3 firmware video test of night mode:

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/11/15 12:21 AM

That didn't last long

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/11/15 12:30 AM

damn...

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/11/15 12:37 AM

Where did it go? Bring it back! grin

Edit, I pressed the play button 3 times and it said the video had been removed. Now it is there.

Now we need to get ATN to work on it.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/11/15 12:41 AM

technical glitch on my end this time fellas - interesting results this time around, not what i expected based on previous testing BUT that is why one must go to the well more than once to ensure a balanced diet

csi

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/12/15 01:40 AM

As long as I can see to shoot at 200 I'll be happy. Happier knowing that the video will look a lot better than what I see and that's what will matter. What everybody else sees wink

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/12/15 09:41 AM

my unit is on firmware 248 i have no flickering in night mode. my mate got his 5x18 unit yesterday. he downloaded the latest firmware on it. tried it last night. there is no flicker in night mode. He bought it from the same shop as me from ebay . my unit stopt flickering when i loaded 248 filmwere

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/12/15 12:13 PM

my unit is on firmware 248 i have no flickering in night mode. my mate got his 5x18 unit yesterday. he downloaded the latest firmware on it. tried it last night. there is no flicker in night mode. He bought it from the same shop as me from ebay . my unit stopt flickering when i loaded 248 filmwere

No flickering, even in low light amplification ???

Most scopes just flicker in low setting now but not
in medium or high.

/MKL

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/12/15 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: MrKingLouie

No flickering, even in low light amplification ???

Most scopes just flicker in low setting now but not
in medium or high. i dont have medium or hight just one setting 1080. them options went when i updated

/MKL

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/12/15 03:52 PM

not really 153, but since this is the active thread...

got a friend that received his 5x X-Sight, will not focus. Can rotate focus ring each direction, always out of focus. I'm assuming focus range or adjustment can be made by removing the set screw on the lens, but not sure. Anyone tried to make a focus adjustment? Told him to call customer service Monday and see what they say.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/12/15 04:01 PM

Try to tighten the screws in the small holes on the body, there
is one on each side, low, Think it was an 1.5 mm
allen key that was the right dimention.

/MKL

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/12/15 06:48 PM

thanks Louie, I will have him check.

**Update, he said they are tight
Posted By: VAFish

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 12:17 AM

got a friend that received his 5x X-Sight, will not focus. Can rotate focus ring each direction, always out of focus. I'm assuming focus range or adjustment can be made by removing the set screw on the lens, but not sure. Anyone tried to make a focus adjustment? Told him to call customer service Monday and see what they say.

There are 2 focus adjustments to make.

One on the objective lens and on one the eye piece.

Adjust the eye piece first so you can clearly see the crosshair, then adjust the objective lens on the front of the scope.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 12:23 AM

My amigos 5X was the same out of the box. Wouldn't focus. He returned it and received
the replacement. We won't get back out until next weekend to check his out. And I
need to figure out why I can't duplicate the sub MOA groups I had using .228. Went to
.246 and I'm all over the target @ 100 yds. Maybe I remove the shims as .246 seems
to center the reticle after hitting enter during zero setup. Friday I ordered an IR
Hunter MK2 but it's gonna be two months on delivery. There's still hogs needed killin
between now and two months away.

Cheers

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 12:38 AM

My amigos 5X was the same out of the box. Wouldn't focus. He returned it and received
the replacement. We won't get back out until next weekend to check his out. And I
need to figure out why I can't duplicate the sub MOA groups I had using .228. Went to
.246 and I'm all over the target @ 100 yds. Maybe I remove the shims as .246 seems
to center the reticle after hitting enter during zero setup. Friday I ordered an IR
Hunter MK2 but it's gonna be two months on delivery. There's still hogs needed killin

Cheers

Congrats on the MKII! up

As an FYI, I drug my X-Sight out of the closet this weekend and loaded the 253. Took it out and sighted it in with 3 shots. It held solid 1 1/2" groups at 100 yards with an AR in .308 and factory loads.

I am still very unimpressed with the night time performance and am barely seeing 150 yards with a T50 style illuminator. My Photon XT blows it out of the water at night.

I want my sound back for recording....

I'll loan it to folks that come to hunt if they want to use it, otherwise it goes back in the closet until anther firmware upgrade or two. They are making progress. That is nice.

cheers

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 06:16 AM

If you're not seeing 150yds at night, there's something amiss. apologies for basic questions but:
Is your Illuminator working properly?
Have you turned night mode on on the scope?
Is your illuminator aligned with the scope picture?

I took this video on my x-sight using a nightmaster800 IR last week. The video starts with me cycling through the IR modes on the lamp. The badger is 150yds away to start and when it runs, ends up over 250yds away and is still clearly visible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_TOhk8sZX5U

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 08:01 AM

theres some dogy t50s out there i bought one of ebay it was crap .you should be seing 250yds no prob with a good ir

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 12:11 PM

I got the small t20, and with is focused to spot i can see the trees at 450 yards. it not great but you can see all the branches. the only thing i find odd is that with the 3x i can see the square IR chip in the scope when on spot, but couldn't on my 5x.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 01:05 PM

I can see to 250 yards with a T20 but from a safety standpoint I would only shoot out to 200 yards.

I've never seen past 300 yards with any results like being reported above.

Scanning/Detection is also problematic at distances beyond 250 yards.

YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY..........

texas
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 01:44 PM

I noticed since 248 that power on/off push button is very sensitive. I have to check after every power off for several seconds to ensure the scope doesn't power back up. I've drained my rechargeable batteries a couple of times before I realized this was happening.

Is this related to the boot-loop condition resolved with 253?

Has anyone else seem this on 248?

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill

Cheers

Congrats on the MKII! up

As an FYI, I drug my X-Sight out of the closet this weekend and loaded the 253. Took it out and sighted it in with 3 shots. It held solid 1 1/2" groups at 100 yards with an AR in .308 and factory loads.

I am still very unimpressed with the night time performance and am barely seeing 150 yards with a T50 style illuminator. My Photon XT blows it out of the water at night.

I'll loan it to folks that come to hunt if they want to use it, otherwise it goes back in the closet until anther firmware upgrade or two. They are making progress. That is nice.

cheers

I'm getting right about 330 yards of very good NV using a Steamlight Super Tac IR.
It may be more but 330yds is the end of my FOV from my pop up as it sits right now.
I'll be building a perma blind in a couple of weeks looking down our food plot. That
FOV reaches close to 500yds, maybe 560 or so.

Cheers

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: jimmyb79
If you're not seeing 150yds at night, there's something amiss. apologies for basic questions but:
Is your Illuminator working properly?
Have you turned night mode on on the scope?
Is your illuminator aligned with the scope picture?

I took this video on my x-sight using a nightmaster800 IR last week. The video starts with me cycling through the IR modes on the lamp. The badger is 150yds away to start and when it runs, ends up over 250yds away and is still clearly visible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_TOhk8sZX5U

Hey Jimmy!

No prob on the basic questions. As an FYI, I have hand built a good many illuminators to the point of reflow soldering the LED's to the silicates. I'm fairly versed in how they work. I have owned a good many digital night vision scopes. I am down to two, the X-Sight and the Photon XT. Everything else I have is I2 based or thermal, mainly thermal.

I will double check the T50 or try another one as you and King Louie make a good point. Maybe that one has an issue. I have several T50's, single and double battery models as well as spare pills. I just had that particular one out the other night. I have also seen batteries be an issue. I am using the Panasonics and exclusively purchase the PF model as it is designed to work better on a product like this. So, yes, I'll recheck with different illuminators.

As to the other questions, yes, night mode is on and the illuminator is aligned. I have tried various brightness and light amplification settings.

It seems that folks are getting a variety of performance variances with the scope. I am sure that some of it is experience, some of it is the difference in perception, some of it is the variety of illuminators being used and some of it is the differences in the product itself. Fortunately, this is not my only piece of gear.
Posted By: garbs

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 04:55 PM

What level of light amplification are you guys using? If I try anything other than the low setting, it gets pretty laggy.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: garbs
What level of light amplification are you guys using? If I try anything other than the low setting, it gets pretty laggy.

Always low for the same reason you mention
Posted By: TomH FW

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 08:11 PM

I use medium. With a high powered light like the UNV20IR, or the IR module for the SNH66LR, the lag is not too noticeable. Either that or the lag is no slower than my brain.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: VAFish

There are 2 focus adjustments to make.

One on the objective lens and on one the eye piece.

yes I know, not the issue

Adjust the eye piece first so you can clearly see the crosshair, then adjust the objective lens on the front of the scope.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 10:00 PM

using medium here, it lags, but I can't stand the flicker in low.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 10:02 PM

Cheers

cheers

is the sound not working in 253, I haven't tried?

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 11:17 PM

Mine doesn't, but as regards everything else it seems it can be a grab bag. It is getting better though... up

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 11:32 PM

My sound doesn't work either but that just keeps everybody from hearing me say something stupid wink

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/13/15 11:40 PM

I have the same problem Fred. I say turn it up.. roflmao

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 01:30 AM

Well crap, I'm going to try it, I noticed a lot of people posting videos with no sound. Mine will stay home if it doesn't record sound.

Guess I'll read the Facebook page.
Posted By: R. Edwards

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 02:05 AM

After I downloaded the latest update the other day I noticed the microphone was set to off by default. Check your settings. I haven't had a chance to try mine, but I will this weekend.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 02:37 AM

I don't believe sound recording is working in the latest firmware sadly. Neither is the ability to watch recorded content on the scope either. My mic is set to 'on' but it's not recording sound.

My scope used to be terrible for lag in medium light amp, but I'm sure it's better in 253. The video I posted a few posts back of the Badgers was done in medium light amp, and it's not bad at all lag-wise.
Posted By: texashunter900

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 02:42 AM

Success Finally with my 5x.

Went to the gun show and bought a IR that will throw won beams out. It is nice to be able to see further than 50 yards.

Getting happier with the X-sight, keep it coming ATN, lets get it up to advertised condition.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: R. Edwards
After I downloaded the latest update the other day I noticed the microphone was set to off by default. Check your settings.

No, that's not it. I checked mine... up

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 02:45 AM

Mine will stay home if it doesn't record sound.

I agree. up

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 03:01 AM

Yup use low. Very annoying on medium and high for me is unusable.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 03:05 AM

Mine doesn't, but as regards everything else it seems it can be a grab bag. It is getting better though... up

It is shut off. You never know though, seems to be a number of quirks between scopes. I still can't get mine to go past configuring wifi. Others report it is working fine.
Posted By: Wildone

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By: texashunter900
Success Finally with my 5x.

Went to the gun show and bought a IR that will throw won beams out. It is nice to be able to see further than 50 yards.

Getting happier with the X-sight, keep it coming ATN, lets get it up to advertised condition.

What brand IR illuminator did you pick up? I too am looking for something that will let me see further than what I am able at the moment, I know very little about them. HunTXhogs put a video out a month or more ago comparing a couple of different ones and can't remember what they were or which thread it was on.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 10:59 AM

Well crap, I'm going to try it, I noticed a lot of people posting videos with no sound. Mine will stay home if it doesn't record sound.

Guess I'll read the Facebook page.
i got an email this morning from atn about sound. witch program am i using to play file . seems they dont know about every body loosing sound. if we all send an email about sound they might get round to the problem .

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 06:38 PM

Sound definitely not working. I tried windows media player, QuickTime and VLC, no go.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 06:41 PM

Yessir, I tried multiple programs also, no worky... up

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 07:17 PM

You have to have your speakers on for sound to work.........

ninja

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 07:25 PM

Funny Ben.

Did it work in 248?

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/14/15 07:30 PM

Speakers? confused2

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/15/15 12:18 AM

Funny Ben.

Did it work in 248?

Nope

Speakers? confused2

Right next to the fish Finder wink

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/15/15 01:13 AM

I'm going to take mine along bowfishing just to test that fish finder one last time but I'm thinking it won't work correctly until the image stabilization is fixed.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/15/15 01:39 AM

Speakers? confused2

Right next to the fish Finder wink

rofl

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/15/15 09:42 AM

got anuther email from atn try vlc player i see some one already triyed that. sending anuther email still no sound .defo your end.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/15/15 02:00 PM

ask them if they have even tried it, link this forum page, which Sachal already knows about and used to post here, that we all tried it, it DOES NOT work

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/15/15 03:00 PM

Hehe!! He may not post, but you know they read it... grin

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/15/15 03:59 PM

just got email back from atn. i said you lost sound when you sorted out the crosshair with 248 and 253 .he has replied 'if this is the case we need to get hold of the programmers immediately, please give me time to look into this'.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/15/15 05:00 PM

at least he didn't tell you to try another player lol

I posted in two areas on their facebook page that it does not work

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/15/15 05:02 PM

It is amazing that they actually wouldn't know this... confused2
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/16/15 05:55 PM

So from what I am reading here I should hold off getting one of these. It looked good on paper frown

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/16/15 08:34 PM

Look under "hiddenoptions/fishfinder/volume" then turn it on.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/16/15 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunter-Steve
So from what I am reading here I should hold off getting one of these. It looked good on paper frown

Your choice, if you have been reading along then you know what is going on with the scope. It has great potential but is not what they advertise, yet.

After you buy the x-sight, then you spend lots of money on a better IR so you can see past 50 yards, you spend lots of money on batteries.

Make a smart choice, it is an expensive one.
Posted By: MoTex2011

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/16/15 09:49 PM

OK Everyone, I've just read this entire thread and come to the conclusion that I definitely need a better IR, so I will research the suggestions. THANKS FOR THAT!

I would also like your suggestions on if I should upgrade or wait for the inevitable upgrade to fix some of the issues y'all are having? I am at 228 right now because I haven't taken time to mess with it due to schedule conflicts and the initial comments from you guys, but this may be a good weekend to try it.

I'm so glad my buddy showed me this forum because I would be lost without the knowledge you guys are sharing. Thanks!
Posted By: BassCat'99

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/17/15 12:48 AM

I too feel we should take a wait and see on this. I really hope this works out cuz the potential is great.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/17/15 04:02 AM

You can upgrade to the 253 and if you don't like it reinstall 228.
Posted By: RONIN003

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/17/15 12:50 PM

LIGHT AMPLIFICATION

Is this function working properly? Between High Medium and Low... Medium is by far the brightest and that makes no sense. Light Amplification "High" should be the brightest but its is as dark or darker than the "Low" setting.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/17/15 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: RONIN003
LIGHT AMPLIFICATION

Is this function working properly? Between High Medium and Low... Medium is by far the brightest and that makes no sense. Light Amplification "High" should be the brightest but its is as dark or darker than the "Low" setting.

I think most are experiencing the same thing as you. I hit the high and my scope blacks out.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/20/15 10:19 AM

i went out last night, using a t50 ir. Pointing at a tree about 80 yds away the unit was giving a dark image for about 2 to 3 seconds then it would get bright. . don't get me wrong when it is bright it gives a very good image. is atn aware of this? we had two units with us, the other unit was using a t67 IR, they were both doing the same thing.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/20/15 12:05 PM

Was the 2-3 seconds right when you turn it on?

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/20/15 12:56 PM

no it was on all the time. it was when i pointed it at somthing.i picked the gun up, looked through it turned the ir on . it was a dark image then went bright after a couple of seconds both units doing the same thing.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/20/15 04:56 PM

Mine does the same thing. Very annoying. I refer to it as auto dimming, not sure what it is really called. I told atn about I. Not sure when it will be dealt with.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/20/15 05:03 PM

i have seen this before on previous firmwere. but last night was really bad one scope on 248 firmwere the other on 253.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/21/15 12:52 AM

Yeah the auto dimming really needs to go away or be optional.
Posted By: mikeee2

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/21/15 05:45 PM

no it was on all the time. it was when i pointed it at somthing.i picked the gun up, looked through it turned the ir on . it was a dark image then went bright after a couple of seconds both units doing the same thing.

Sleep mode? Sloooooow wakeup?
Mike

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/22/15 03:17 AM

Mine does the same thing, needs to be fixed, annoying as hell.
Posted By: Txarrow

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/23/15 03:45 PM

So what's the verdict? If you could return it, would you? Or is it a keeper? I have a photon and it's great with a t20ir. But I was looking into the atn but reviews on it are horrible. What do you guys that have them think?

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/23/15 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Txarrow
So what's the verdict? If you could return it, would you? Or is it a keeper? I have a photon and it's great with a t20ir. But I was looking into the atn but reviews on it are horrible. What do you guys that have them think?

I made my descion when I purchased it. I knew the problems with it and know the potienal of the scope. It is hard to be patient sometimes but I know ATN is working hard to correct issues.

The thing that bothers me the most is the crappy IR they put in the box. You have a scope with that kind of range at night and they put in a 50 yard IR.

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/23/15 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: texashunter900
The thing that bothers me the most is the crappy IR they put in the box. You have a scope with that kind of range at night and they put in a 50 yard IR.

LOL.... These are cheap scopes. They can only pack so much in. Digital hasn't been around all that long. When I bought my Pulsar N550 a few years ago it was around $1,400.00...and it came with a crappy IR. Now the X-Sight is under half that and the Photon XT is even less....and they both come with crappy IR's. This isn't something new in the marketplace. I don't know of one that has ever come with a decent illuminator.

I'm happy to get an aftermarket illuminator. I just wish the scope was up to the illuminator.
Posted By: pinheiro

Re: X-SiGHT Owners forum for the (1.8.03.253) firmware update - 04/24/15 02:07 AM

Hello friends I am new to the forum and have some questions about this night vision.
if anyone has done and review can take my doubts

I intend to use for shots at close range, where the minimum focus distance?

is 3x12

thanks
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum