Texas Hunting Forum

Ring help

Posted By: emory73m

Ring help - 03/20/15 02:26 AM

Last week I got a Bushnell 3.5-21x50 and I need to get some rings for it. It's my first 34mm scope and don't know what to look for. Would the TPS mediums work or would I need highs?
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Ring help - 03/20/15 02:43 AM

What are the measurements of each size of the ring choices? Base to bottom of the ring.

Re: Ring help - 03/20/15 03:41 AM

The mediums are 1.185 inches. I can't find the measurement for the highs. I'm not sold on tps, just the first ones I found on the swfa website
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Ring help - 03/20/15 04:02 AM

I really like their rings and have several sets.
Here is a picture of TPS rings on that scope mounted on a Horizon(Stiller) action..... Problem is I cannot remember if low or medium definitely not high and you can see I have plenty of barrel clearance

Re: Ring help - 03/20/15 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By: DStroud
I really like their rings and have several sets.
Here is a picture of TPS rings on that scope mounted on a Horizon(Stiller) action..... Problem is I cannot remember if low or medium definitely not high and you can see I have plenty of barrel clearance

I will probably go with mediums just to be safe. My picatinny base extends further than yours and I don't want to go too low and the scope to hit the end of it.
And that looks like an awesome set up!
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Ring help - 03/20/15 05:43 AM

I saw this Youtube video and started doing it, helped me a lot. As for ring brand, I use DNZ one piece mounts and really like them.

Re: Ring help - 03/20/15 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Gone to Texas
I saw this Youtube video and started doing it, helped me a lot. As for ring brand, I use DNZ one piece mounts and really like them.

That's a good idea. Now to find some playdough....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum