Texas Hunting Forum

Minox??

Posted By: slayer12

Minox?? - 03/07/15 07:44 PM

Does anyone own or use one? I am looking at the Z5HD line seem to be a pretty nice scope.
Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: Minox?? - 03/07/15 10:42 PM

I have a pair of their HG binoculars and owned a Z5 HD 2-10x40. I sold the scope with a rifle. I really like that particular scope. I thought it was comparable to the Zeiss Conquest. It has great eye relief and is very good in low light. I had it on a Rem 700 long action and had to use Talley medium one piece mounts because the tube length is short. They are a great buy as a demo from Cameraland but I would not pay full price for one.
Posted By: ckat

Re: Minox?? - 03/08/15 04:38 AM

I have a standard ZA5 2-10x40. Great scope, great glass. As funny as this sounds, I wish that the eye relief wasn't quite so long. My peripheral starts picking up too much, and I get the feeling of tunnel vision. Hard to explain, but that is my only complaint.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Minox?? - 03/08/15 02:04 PM

I bought a ZA5HD 2-10x50 30mm to put on a T3 260 in January as a short/ mid range do all Hunter, along with a Burris FF II 4.5-14x42 & a Vortex D'Back HP 4x16x42 both in 1" tubes.

Really like the Minox scope best of those 3, and better than a neighbors 3x9x40 Conquest that was being offered to me in a gun trade, just haven't assembled the packages with all the Issues going on in the house, but the Minox is clearly a better scope and I'll look at them for a mid range price point more closely in the future.

Burris has been my default hunting scope line for the last 20 years, after Leupold priced them selves out of my Price/Value paradign for a Texas functional Hunting scope.
JMHO & YMMV
Ron
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Minox?? - 03/08/15 02:50 PM

I've been very happy with their products
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Minox?? - 03/10/15 11:50 AM

Very Very happy with my ZA5. Can't tell much difference between it and a Zeiss Conquest.
Posted By: Crews

Re: Minox?? - 03/12/15 08:45 PM

I have a pair of their binoculars, and have been very pleased with them. I got a deal on them at Cameralandny, meausres up to products that cost twice as much.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum