Posted By: MrKingLouie

Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/18/15 05:43 PM

Like this banana
Posted By: s6275

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/18/15 08:34 PM

I do. Looks like I might be it, though. smirk
Posted By: Bob-pr

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/18/15 11:49 PM

I am now the owner of a working ATN X-sight, it is running on .200 code and I have not updated it as I wish to use it in night vision mode.
From what I have seen so far in its basic mode it's very good, the day mode picture is nice and sharp even at 10x magnification and I get a halfway decent picture in night mode using a T-20 for illumination. I have to say this is my second X-Sight as my first one arrived on 30 Dec and was DOA so I contacted the seller that I purchased it from and they arranged a returns number and by the 6th Jan ATN signed to say they had received it, inspite of numerous phone calls and e-mails and hearing nothing from ATN, at the end of Jan I contacted the seller again and they were brilliant they chased ATN and I am now the owner of a new X-sight 5x-18x that I hope to start reducing the fox population on the two shooting estates that I control the vermin on.
Oh and the name of the outfit that sold me scope is Nightvisionguys I can't recomend them highly enough they are a company that knows what customer service is and believe in looking after their customers. happy3
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/19/15 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob-pr
I am now the owner of a working ATN X-sight, it is running on .200 code and I have not updated it as I wish to use it in night vision mode.
From what I have seen so far in its basic mode it's very good, the day mode picture is nice and sharp even at 10x magnification and I get a halfway decent picture in night mode using a T-20 for illumination. I have to say this is my second X-Sight as my first one arrived on 30 Dec and was DOA so I contacted the seller that I purchased it from and they arranged a returns number and by the 6th Jan ATN signed to say they had received it, inspite of numerous phone calls and e-mails and hearing nothing from ATN, at the end of Jan I contacted the seller again and they were brilliant they chased ATN and I am now the owner of a new X-sight 5x-18x that I hope to start reducing the fox population on the two shooting estates that I control the vermin on.
Oh and the name of the outfit that sold me scope is Nightvisionguys I can't recomend them highly enough they are a company that knows what customer service is and believe in looking after their customers. happy3

I've bought several things from them too. They're a good outfit.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/20/15 06:58 PM

Bump. Hopefully this is not/ does not become as silly a place as the two "firmware specific" threads.

confused2

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/20/15 07:16 PM

All released firmwares can be found here:

https://app.box.com/s/kabfjqdhem34k03c30st

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/20/15 07:38 PM

Butler Creek cover # for the manual focus 3x is #28. Anybody remember the 5x Butler Creek #?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/20/15 07:42 PM

Posted By: MoShootr

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 06:07 AM

I own the 3-12x, Manual Focus, Sunshade, Red Button variety. Running .228 Firmware.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 02:27 PM

Is yours black and made of some sort of metal? Any guesses as to what type?
Posted By: HuntTXhogs

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 04:40 PM

Here is a factory fresh 3x X-sight, unmounted to a rifle, that I took the mount off / inspected / reassembled with copious amounts of thread locker (blue loctite) to attempt to prevent loosening once mounted to the 30-06 semi auto or any other high caliber centerfire.

Posted By: Shadow357x2

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs
Here is a factory fresh 3x X-sight, unmounted to a rifle, that I took the mount off / inspected / reassembled with copious amounts of thread locker (blue loctite) to attempt to prevent loosening once mounted to the 30-06 semi auto or any other high caliber centerfire.

Thanks for going to the trouble of this in depth write up. This is exactly what I was talking about earlier in another thread for people to check and do but you made it idiot proof....
Posted By: mikei

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 05:04 PM

Thanks for sharing your technique. I think I'll do the very same thing this coming week, although I have not had a problem. I merely tightened all the screws before I took my 5-18X shooting the first time and seems to have held up nicely under the recoil of my 7.62X39. But I'd rather go ahead and "Loctite it up" than run the chance of having a problem with it in the field.
Posted By: ezinkscrr

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 05:08 PM

Very nice,HuntTXhogs, I hadn't even taken mine apart like that. Guess I will do that tonight.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 05:18 PM

My thoughts are to rule out the mount if zero wanders right from the get go.

Plus being a made in China product I had to check for myself that each screw was tightened to my liking.

All in all it took 20 mins, let it cure overnight before mounting to a rifle.

If the zero wanders or the reticle is way off then that's another set of issues that requires a return to the dealer or company.

I'm hoping this one is ready to hunt and keeps hunting after the next firmware update.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 05:58 PM

I didn't know blue Loctite would work to bond flat mating surfaces. Have you done that before?

Thanks for posting that. I was thinking of doing the same thing to the screws, but with red everywhere except on the rail key screws. Hmm...

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 06:41 PM

Thanks HuntTXHogs,

I'm going to probably perform this procedure on my scope before I mount it. Before I do that, one quick question though. Did you find any play between the mount and the screws securing it to the scope? In other words, can it be re-mounted crooked if care is not taken to ensure alignment?
Posted By: DusterFlyer

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 06:48 PM

My recent experience is, the answer to your question is yes, it can be reattached crooked. There is no trueing of the base and body as the screws are tightened. Place the unit on its side and use a small level (I used 2 small bulls eye levels) and align the base and the body prior to tightening the screws. After I did that, the X/Y values to zero were in the single digits and had very little reticle movement to maximum magnification.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: DusterFlyer
My recent experience is, the answer to your question is yes, it can be reattached crooked. There is no trueing of the base and body as the screws are tightened. Place the unit on its side and use a small level (I used 2 small bulls eye levels) and align the base and the body prior to tightening the screws. After I did that, the X/Y values to zero were in the single digits and had very little reticle movement to maximum magnification.

Thank you! This is excellent information. This answers my questions, and I shall take precautions to ensure it's mounted 'true'.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: s6275
I didn't know blue Loctite would work to bond flat mating surfaces. Have you done that before?

I do this all the time with AR15 and AR10 barrel extensions to upper receivers, essentially the loctite will fill any gaps and harden (bedding) to add rigidity to mating surfaces and it can be broken with light heating of the surfaces and cleaned to return to original surfaces.

Originally Posted By: MoShootr
Did you find any play between the mount and the screws securing it to the scope? In other words, can it be re-mounted crooked if care is not taken to ensure alignment?

It would be a very small degree of variance, if you notice the two flat head screws (the ones on the outer edges) have a bevel to them under the head which is made to align the screw in a pocket within the mount. The screw can only go in top dead center to the threads or it will strip so between the beveling and screws in a straight orientation you aren't going to be able to resecure it purposely any further right or left.

Keyed nipples on the mount to go into holes in the scope body would be a nice addition to future models to ensure 100% repeatability.

All that said with the current design as D-Flyer mentions you can see a slight change in before and after but I wouldn't think anything dramatic based on my poking around today.

HTXH

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 09:51 PM

Makes sense. Thanks. Basically, if one wanted to apply a "quick fix," minus the Loctite on the flat mating surfaces, Loctite could be applied to each of the three mounting screws individually, maintaining factory alignment while also ensuring that the screws won't back out/ loosen from recoil.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 09:53 PM

Makes sense. Thanks. Basically, if one wanted to apply a "quick fix," minus the Loctite on the flat mating surfaces, Loctite could be applied to each of the three mounting screws individually, maintaining factory alignment while also ensuring that the screws won't back out/ loosen from recoil.

Yes
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/21/15 10:16 PM

I did this to mine right after I got it. Also checked to make sure it was straight.
Posted By: FA18Drvr

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 12:36 AM

So, any suggestions on a QD mount for the X-Sight? I've got mine on top a 22LR while I'm playing in the backyard, but want to swap over to my AAC 300BLK.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 12:51 AM

Yeah, it would've been nice if they had done something with ADM or A.R.M.S.
Posted By: TBean69

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 02:41 AM

Hi everyone,I've had my X-Sight since 21 Jan and have put around 60 RDS thru it. My question is this, has anyone else noticed what appears to be defects or darker spots in the black bezel around the LCD screen when you are looking thru the scope? I have contacted ATN about it and gotten an RMA from them. I just got this thing the way I want it and sighted in. I am supposed to go hog hunting with my brother in two weeks and don'twant to send it in if I don't need to. Has anyone seen this and do I need to worry about it or just hunt. The turnaround time from ATN is around 45 days according to customer service. Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted By: DusterFlyer

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 05:11 AM

It would be a very small degree of variance, if you notice the two flat head screws (the ones on the outer edges) have a bevel to them under the head which is made to align the screw in a pocket within the mount. The screw can only go in top dead center to the threads or it will strip so between the beveling and screws in a straight orientation you aren't going to be able to resecure it purposely any further right or left.

Keyed nipples on the mount to go into holes in the scope body would be a nice addition to future models to ensure 100% repeatability.

All that said with the current design as D-Flyer mentions you can see a slight change in before and after but I wouldn't think anything dramatic based on my poking around today.

HTXH [/quote]

HTXH,

Looks like beveled screws in your pics are on the 3x. On my 5x there are 2 hex head cap screws, no bevel and a slotted beveled screw in the middle. there was quite a bit of lateral rotational play with the cap screws just starting to bottom. I was surprised at the movement laft and right that existed. That's why I captured alignment with the levels. The cap screws had no trueing capability. It seems a significant design flaw actually. When I get home I'll try to post some pics. There must be a difference in this respect between the 3x and 5x.

Duster Flyer
Posted By: krm944

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 01:32 PM

Let us know what you think of the 3x.

I bought the photonXt but for some reason I'm drawn to the XSight! I can get a 3x very reasonable and it's tempting.

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the photon and XSight?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 02:46 PM

So I took a look at the mount on my manual focus 3x X-SiGHT this morning. Except for the Phillips-head screws on the rail key, ALL of the screws responsible for attaching the mount to the body were blue Loctited (the two end screws AND the center cap screw). However, where you have depicted the end screws with slotted heads, I have two screws with Allen heads: not a cap screw, but rather a screw with a profile just like the slot heads in your picture...except they have Allen heads. Weird...and then I remembered that, on my work order from when I returned my "auto-focus" 3x to ATN, I requested that the mount be checked for alignment before it was shipped back, so apparently, they did "something."

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: krm944
Let us know what you think of the 3x.

I bought the photonXt but for some reason I'm drawn to the XSight! I can get a 3x very reasonable and it's tempting.

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the photon and XSight?

Hi Kyle-

Nobody has done the side by side to my knowledge it wouldn't have mattered due to changes occurring in multiple firmware releases.

Once this scope gets fixed and finalized that'll be the time to compare

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 04:58 PM

I have used my XT and X-Sight side by side. IMO, the X-Sight is better during the day, while the XT is much better at night if you are using the .228 firmware on the X-sight.

However, as HTXH says, we need time for the X-Sight firmware to settle out before doing much more about comparing.
With the .228 firmware, I have decided to shelve my X-Sight until the firmware is corrected.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 08:20 PM

Something just occurred to me. I suppose someone with a set of calipers handy and a 3x X-SiGHT could help out.

Butler Creek #28 fits the 3x sun shade TIGHTLY. #29 slips over it too easily. There are also, I suppose, those situations when someone would elect not to install the shade (don't need/ like/ want, etc).

There are about 3-4mm of threads the sun shade screws onto...not unlike the amount of threading on an SLR camera lens for attaching filters...and their lens caps.

If someone would be willing to measure the objective inner diameter with their calipers, I'd be willing to get an assortment of caps to try and share the results. Any takers?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 09:07 PM

I have a a set of calipers, and I will be happy to check this once home from work.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 09:09 PM

I have a a set of calipers, and I will be happy to check this once home from work.

Thanks! My ballpark guess is 77mm, but I suppose it could be 82. Anything else...and this idea is screwed. wink

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 09:56 PM

Thanks! My ballpark guess is 77mm, but I suppose it could be 82. Anything else...and this idea is screwed. wink

Inside diameter of the SUNSHADE is 44mm

Inside diameter of the front objective is 42.56mm

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 10:05 PM

Whoa. Thanks. I was basing that on a marking quickly grabbed from one of my camcorder lenses. Must not have been the diameter. laugh
Posted By: Tapper

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/22/15 10:56 PM

Most recent shipments of 3X are coming with sunshade provided.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/23/15 12:05 AM

Objective inner diameter at the sunshade threads is 42.7mm
the OUTER diameter of the Sunshade's threads (male end) is 43.5mm
the outer diameter of the sunshade's male end (beyond the threads) is 42.5mm
This gives a total thread depth of 0.8mm - 1mm, give or take.

The inner diameter of the next 'step' inside the objective - which is not threaded, is 38.0mm

The outer diameter of the scope's objective, is 48.07mm for a depth of 5.25mm, then has a 45º bevel that steps up to 50.17mm, which then extends another 4.0mm (total depth 9.8mm) until you reach the edge of the Focus Ring, which remains at the same diameter until reaching a total depth of 12.4mm

Its a lot of data, and hard to visualize, but hopefully helps you make a judgement call on how to fit some kind of a lens cover to it.

Hope this helps s6275

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/23/15 12:28 AM

Addendum - The aluminum sunshade that came with the scope adds 50.8mm (2.0") of length beyond the objective housing.
The sunshade's outer diameter matches the objective housing end's outer diameter exactly (48.07mm).
It's inner diameter at the end is 44.2mm

At first I thought that the inner diameter was threaded, since it felt like it. This is not the case. These are concentric rings that feel like threading, but are not. My guess is that these rings are meant to diffuse incoming light and prevent light reflecting into the scope's objective lens, which of course would make glare and washout worse, instead of better. IE: it's not what I had expected - a plastic tube with some threads on the end. It's actually a fairly sturdy, high quality machined aluminum part.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/23/15 01:11 AM

Well, 43mm is a standard size. I guess we'll see what I can dig up. Stay tuned...
Posted By: DavidK

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/23/15 02:32 AM

good idea on the mount Ben, when my 3x comes on I will do the same, sold the 5x

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/23/15 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: DavidK

up
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/23/15 02:06 PM

up

just did my 5x, all screws were only hand tight. got it all back and letting the loctite set up. glad ya posted that.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/23/15 07:45 PM

Would this scope work on a Remington 700 in .308 bolt action?
I am wanting to purchase a NV scope but I am learning the differences between brands and the different options available.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/23/15 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: JRJ6
I am wanting to purchase a NV scope but I am learning the differences between brands and the different options available.

Just order you a picatinny rail for the 700 and it will work. With the stock 2 piece mounts it wont mount up.
Easy fix, Ive done 2 788's and 1 700 that way.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/23/15 08:00 PM

thank you

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/24/15 03:34 PM

In an effort to consolidate all known X-SiGHT issues, strengths, and properties in this thread, I am copying a post by Ken Fowler at 6:56AM EST on the .228 board

Originally Posted By: Ken Fowler
Wish I had bet $20! This is the latest as of today from Scott Country.
Hi Ken

We will have the firmware update tomorrow we believe for internal testing with launch proposed for next week.

Regards
Paul

In other words, it seems it's not coming this Friday anymore. It also seems that, at some point, and in spite of being dubbed precious "early adopters" by the ATN CEO, we have seemingly lost the "honor" of testing his firmware.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/24/15 03:44 PM

Good price on the X-Sight 3-12X:

http://www.outdoors4less.net/atn-corporation-x-sight-night-vision-riflescope-3-12x-dgwsxs312a.html

/MKL

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/24/15 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: MrKingLouie

I think in another month or two you will be able to get these scopes really cheap on e bay. I keep finding so many un happy customers on the net. More folks are dissatisfied than satisfied from what I see.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/24/15 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: ezinkscrr

I think in another month or two you will be able to get these scopes really cheap on e bay. I keep finding so many un happy customers on the net. More folks are dissatisfied than satisfied from what I see.

Very well may see some of them on Ebay but I know of 3 for sure that have a home for along time.
With a few tweaks here and there I happy with the ones I have. All of that has already been discussed earlier in the 228 and the 200 forum.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/24/15 08:10 PM

Getting my 3X, later this week, and I feel happy about that banana
Posted By: shoots100

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/25/15 12:49 AM

Did you confirm it was the newest version with the Manual Focus ?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/25/15 09:30 PM

3x manual focus X-SiGHT, Streamlight TLR-1 IR

3x manual focus X-SiGHT, Streamlight TLR-1 IR

Hex-head screws in mount

Also...the 43mm lens caps are GO. Now that I know it will work, it's time to keep an eye out for better ones.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/25/15 10:06 PM

Hey! That's under twice what I wish I would've paid! laugh

Now word is that they will post another beta firmware this week which will break wifi, to be restored at some unknown point in the future. smirk

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/26/15 02:10 AM

Hey! That's under twice what I wish I would've paid! laugh

Now word is that they will post another beta firmware this week which will break wifi, to be restored at some unknown point in the future. smirk

Knowing ATN they will remove the cross hairs at the next firmware to correct reticle issue. Lol
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/26/15 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: JRJ6

Mine just got mounted on a Weatherby Vanguard S2 in .308 with factory brake installed. Waiting for next update on firmware before I start shooting it. I will post up some video and my thoughts after I hit the range.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 02/27/15 08:44 PM

The cap I found was identical to this one (on eBay, seller name watermarked on image), but I found mine in the neighborhood photo supply place for $3. Hope this helps. For the record (and at your own risk), commercially available polarizing and UV filters are thread-compatible. Why "at your own risk"? Well remember...they weren't designed with ANY kind of recoil in mind.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/01/15 03:27 PM

This video has cropped up recently, showing a 3x manual focus X-SiGHT dropping it's focus on the first shot. Hopefully this doesn't present itself as widespread. Sheesh...

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/01/15 03:52 PM

I agree, let's hope it's a one-off, and not a common issue.
Definitely seems like a manufacturing defect to me.

According to the Comments from the owner, this was on a Steyr Scout .308 - so that should be within the recoil rating for the scope. The focus ring is tight, they think it's something internal, and so the retailer is replacing the scope. Sounds like he's got a good dealer.

Like anything else - it's as important to have a good dealer, as it is to find a good product. Just in case of stuff like this.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/02/15 12:20 PM

Well I tested my 3x X-sight over the weekend and have the following to report to ATN.

The mount is still off, couldn't strike paper at 50 yards and the recoil impulse of my test gun sent the focus out.

Gun is a 11.5 lb 30-06 Semi Auto

The Noreen "Bad News" BN-36 with the 3x X-sight, I was hopeful this would be an eradication tool for 200 yards and in.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/02/15 01:45 PM

How the heck can a manual focus lose focus? Has to be internally with the processor. After it loses focus, does it come back without turning the ring or do you have to rotate the ring?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/02/15 02:26 PM

You must rotate the ring to refocus

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/02/15 03:32 PM

Maybe it is just one unit but a friend of mine and I have been toying with a 5x that will constantly shut down after a few shots.
Mount screws are tight, battery cover gorilla tight.
The unit is on a PSA ar-10.
Changes made to weapon.
1 muzzle brake
2 heavy buffer spring (rifle length)
3 6.5 oz h4 buffer
4 adjustable gas block.

With all the adjustments made to the weapon the unit still shuts down even with new energizer lithium.
Felt recoil with 147 gr. federals after the mods feels about like a.243
After seeing this I am unsure how the ratings for .308 cal were made.
This is only one unit and only on this weapon he has had this for 3 months now and has been mounted on several weapons but this one is the only culprit. Might be time to TRY to get an rma to get a replacement.
Any other suggestions?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/02/15 04:00 PM

probably going to be an RMA, but for the heck of it, take some alcohol on a q-tip and clean the battery contacts

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/02/15 05:23 PM

probably going to be an RMA, but for the heck of it, take some alcohol on a q-tip and clean the battery contacts

Did that too, just forgot to add that.
Another thing I failed to mention was that not all the time will it require taking the cover off to reset it, sometimes it will shut down for about 5 seconds or so then come back on. When it does this the zoom resets itself back to 1x no matter what you had it set at.
It keeps it zero throughout the range on the standard zoom. Havent tried it on the extended zoom as I personally dont see much need for it, but it is nice to have to show off when the wifi wants to act right.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/02/15 11:04 PM

After 30 days quarantined to my self-imposed static battery test, my X-SiGHT powers up fine. Knowing that an identical set of Energizer Lithiums ran the scope for a straight 12 hours, I will run the scope until the 30-day-old batteries bite the dust in an attempt to gauge the static discharge on this set of batteries while stored in the scope. That will conclude my battery tests.

Unfortunately, this weekend has shown that there is more testing needed before I can change my tune on this product. Is my mount straight? Will the recoil impulse from .308 match ammo jar my focus loose? Do I wait for the .234 firmware reported to be in testing (with a potential release "late this week," and in spite of the original promise of a much more complete major update), or is it another bag of hurt?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/04/15 08:55 PM

On firmware .200, here is what my zero looks like with a boresight on an interior wall. Windage isn't too terrible, but elevation...let's just say if they had made the base even just a little canted, it probably wouldn't have hurt anything. rolleyes

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/04/15 09:33 PM

28 isnt bad but that 135 wouldnt fly on my book.
Posted By: deereguy

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/04/15 10:48 PM

I was able to get mine Y14 x26 and it now stays on screen. Let's hope we get something out of this next beta besides x hairs fixed....would be great if they didn't break something else.
Posted By: jimmyb79

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/04/15 11:07 PM

re-zeroed mine today. Here is my final zero crosshairs, the scope is dead centre on the bore but the elevation is a little off. All will be good with the next update though.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/06/15 04:58 AM

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/06/15 05:12 AM

I was hoping it would show the crosshairs fixed

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 01:06 PM

Short clip from last night, X-Sight 3-12x and a T50 IR-flashligt
80 yards under heavy snowing.
Posted By: fr3db3ar

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 03:54 PM

I have to say after some dark testing this morning in the field that I dislike the auto dimming feature. We should be able to turn that off. While watching my videos I can see better than I actually can while look through the viewfinder. I had my caller at 110 yards and while I could see it if I elevated to the trees above, when I brought the crosshair down to the caller the flare from the closer grass caused the screen to dim so that I couldn't see the caller.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 04:04 PM

Just got the new beta yesterday, after video was taken,
I will check tonight if dimming is still there,
it supposed to be worked on.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 04:15 PM

I powered on my 5-18 last night and left it on for two hours to try and burn in the circuitry.
I toggled between low, medium, and high gain in NV mode. My flicker challenge remains. Does anyone know if the flicker challenge is addressed in the new firmware being tested? I've
asked this previously but I don't think anyone who's testing the FW had the flicker to begin
with.....................

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 04:16 PM

I've seen the new beta. It's still there. But a couple other features are improvements.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 04:21 PM

Mine flickers only in low setting, as
you can see in the video resently posted,
no flickering in medium setting

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 04:25 PM

Dirt, what version of firmware are you using ?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 04:51 PM

Dirt, what version of firmware are you using ?

v.228

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 05:03 PM

OK, if all goes well with this weekends testing,
ATN will release a new firmware next week.

I'm on .246 beta atm, lots of things been fixed,so
lets hope for an official release next week smile

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 05:33 PM

How is the wifi performing, is the application working with 246?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 05:53 PM

Wifi is not working at all, same as in the
former beta .234

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 07:33 PM

Mine flickers only in low setting, as
you can see in the video resently posted,
no flickering in medium setting

Is the sleep mode still there?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 07:48 PM

The issue I have with flicker is that the lag in the viewfinder at medium light amp is significantly worse than when set on low. The picture is great on low, just with that annoying flicker.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 08:15 PM

Back in January, ATNs plan was to get software version 2.0 delivered and fix the floating reticle. After that they wanted to address the flickering which back then was stated to me to not be a hardware issue but instead a synchro issue between the sensor and video display.

The lead technician said it was s complicated fix but not insurmountable , this conversation was at SHOT show and it looks like things are falling in the order they mentioned . Let's see what 246 looks like, if night performance is improved it will get me by until flicker is solved.

I agree that medium light amplification is to choppy .

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/21/15 08:17 PM

Seems to be (imo) the best update yet.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 02:03 AM

I went to the range today with the X sight updated with the .246 version mounted on my new DTA SRSA1 in 260.
It worked great. No issues at all.
Shot over 50 rounds, at targets out to 200 yards and in all ranges of zoom magnification.
Turned the scope on/off multiple times and even did a couple of hard reboots.
It took two rounds to get centered and it was all cake after that.
All 5 shot groups were under 2"s.
Not bad for it's first day out on a real firearm and with 3 different test loads.
I've had no issues with flickering in any of the firmware versions, and this version is no different.
Next weekend it'll be heading up to the mountains to do some coyote hunting.
Posted By: texashunter900

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 04:55 AM

Used mine tonight and could not see past 50 yards with the IR supplied so I switched to the Sightmark IR with the same results. What is a better IR that can get me out close to the 200 yard range, not for shooting but for checking the fields.
Posted By: Beaubien

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 06:01 AM

Unv20ir. I put one on mine and got dramatically better range.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 06:37 AM

Originally Posted By: texashunter900
Used mine tonight and could not see past 50 yards with the IR supplied so I switched to the Sightmark IR with the same results. What is a better IR that can get me out close to the 200 yard range, not for shooting but for checking the fields.

I'm using an Uniquefire T50 with a 3 mode Power switch,
Hi/Med/Low, works like a charm smile

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 01:38 PM

+1 on the UNV20ir. Got mine last week and couldn't believe the difference it made!

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 01:57 PM

Those that are testing V246, can you take photo's? I cannot, and the photo menu is not accessible...

Other changes with reticle centering after boresight and zooming are nice, will test at night tonight

will report other changes later
Posted By: Powerstroke99

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 01:59 PM

I am not an X-Sight owner but might be interested in the 3-12x if/when all the bugs are worked out. I am curious-- do both the 3x and 5x function the same or are there differences? I think I read somewhere that the 3x was converted to manual focus? Also, do both units run the same firmware? Most on this forum refer to testing the 5x. I would hate to pull the trigger on the 3x if it still had remaining issues after the 5x is fixed.

If this post is in the wrong place, feel free to delete or move as required. Thanks

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 02:08 PM

The 3-12x is now manual focus, just like the 5X. They do use the same firmware, and in fact there is a setting in the firmware for which scope it's running on.

The only real difference is the fixed optical magnification and FOV of the objective lens (3x or 5x lens). The rest of the unit is pretty much identical in form and function, from what I understand.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 02:14 PM

David, the photo stand alone is temp turned off in the beta. You can however take photos while in video mode.
Posted By: Powerstroke99

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 02:31 PM

The 3-12x is now manual focus, just like the 5X. They do use the same firmware, and in fact there is a setting in the firmware for which scope it's running on.

The only real difference is the fixed optical magnification and FOV of the objective lens (3x or 5x lens). The rest of the unit is pretty much identical in form and function, from what I understand.

Thanks!

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 02:43 PM

Those that are testing V246, can you take photo's? I cannot, and the photo menu is not accessible...

Other changes with reticle centering after boresight and zooming are nice, will test at night tonight

Info when i got the .246 beta:

1) GPS is not active
2) Photography has been integrated with Video Capture. Therefore Photos can be captured while taking Video. This is a great feature for those looking to capture still shots while at the same time shooting video in full HD.
(However, during testing of this feature stand alone photo
Capture has been turned off.)

And by the way, I can't get WIFI to work, turning it on,
makes my scope totally hung. Hard reboot is needed.

/MKL

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 03:08 PM

Info when i got the .246 beta:

1) GPS is not active
2) Photography has been integrated with Video Capture. Therefore Photos can be captured while taking Video. This is a great feature for those looking to capture still shots while at the same time shooting video in full HD.
(However, during testing of this feature stand alone photo
Capture has been turned off.)

And by the way, I can't get WIFI to work, turning it on,
makes my scope totally hung. Hard reboot is needed.

/MKL

my photo capture doesn't work in video mode either, will try again to make sure

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 03:20 PM

Can't get it to work either.....

Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 04:53 PM

Anyone know when the next update is coming to fix this updates problems.
Diming issue?
Flickering?
Image stabilization ?
Wifi?
New photo issue?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 04:53 PM

No photo option for me either, just video.
My camera works, even though the auto lens cover didn't open all the way.realmad

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 06:19 PM

Nice shooting stick shoots, is that the 260 Rem?

Pigsicles- no timeframe known for your list, I believe they need to clear the woods with official update after 228 before those items get addressed, if they're all addressable....

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 06:32 PM

In case you haven't checked your card (I'll assume you have) For us 246 did indeed take pics while videoing but you won't have any indication it happened other than them being in your folder with your videos.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 07:31 PM

you're right they are there, I didn't notice them the first time I looked

as for another plus of 246, the reticle is centered after boresight and zooming

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 07:54 PM

Ive been told that the contrast issue was resolved as well, anybody confirm?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 08:05 PM

Nice shooting stick shoots, is that the 260 Rem?

Pigsicles- no timeframe known for your list, I believe they need to clear the woods with official update after 228 before those items get addressed, if they're all addressable....

It's a 260, I've been building and hunting with 260's since 97.
Waited 7+ years for this rifle to become available in Left hand and it was worth the wait.
Just loaded up some rounds for next weekends hunt too. Coyotes beware.
These were my first five shots with the combo at 100 yards. I cleaned the rifle on the 5th and 10th shot, then went to town.

This was my worst group of the day at 200 yards. The sticker is 2"x2". The flyer was the second shot. I didn't take my time between shots either. Just shot and kept firing when the crosshairs hit center.

I went right out to 200 yards, as 100 yard groups were sub moa and not a challenge.

I tried to take pics with the scope, but I can't seem to figure it out, so I'm guessing it's not available with my firmware version. Don't use wifi, so I can't test it.
I disabled very other function to extend battery life and am happy with it's performance so far.
IMHO, I'd be happy if they offered the scope with video, different reticles and a battery check capability only.
I don't need to depend on my scope to tell me the time, direction and altitude.
I already carry a watch to tell time, a compass to know where I'm going and a kestrel for any other info I really need to worry, or not worry about.
If the options weren't able to be turned off, I would've returned the scope months ago.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 08:36 PM

I'm still hoping they get the issues resolved, just not willing to crowd fund their R&D anymore.
Also wanting to hear if ATN has made progress on power consumption in real world usage.
I understand that ATN is not shipping the 5x18s currently. I'm guessing because of the sunshade issue.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 08:47 PM

We tested moving zero way off of center. When you zoom it will come to center but when you zoom back out it will go back off center. But that was x and y = 200 Currently my zero is x = -32 y = 43 and I don't really notice any movement at all.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Pigsicles

I'm still hoping they get the issues resolved, just not willing to crowd fund their R&D anymore.
Also wanting to hear if ATN has made progress on power consumption in real world usage.
I understand that ATN is not shipping the 5x18s currently. I'm guessing because of the sunshade issue.

You can order a 5 x 18 from their website and Amazon right now.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 09:11 PM

Shoots nice rifle and looks like a shooter!
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 09:32 PM

Agree with the UNV20 IR. Great visual distance improvement. Easily over 250 yards +.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: deereguy
[quote=Pigsicles][quote=HuntTXhogs

You can order a 5 x 18 from their website and Amazon right now.

Nothing indicates those are new inventory that can accommodate the sunshade.
I have no interest in one without. Been there and done that already.
The distributor I used indicated he couldn't get new updated inventory currently.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/22/15 10:57 PM

The 5-18 that I just received from Amazon early last week is threaded.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 02:07 AM

Agree with the UNV20 IR. Great visual distance improvement. Easily over 250 yards +.
Posted By: garbs

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: fr3db3ar
The 5-18 that I just received from Amazon early last week is threaded.

My 3x from Amazon also seems like a newer model and has a perfectly aligned mount. UNV20IR is definitely the way to go with this scope if you can swing it. I only wish that it used the crosshairs for exposure adjustment as the wide beam hitting foliage/branches is messing with me pretty good (bright white branches and everything else dark).
Posted By: Oldsnipr

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 02:34 AM

I have a 5-18 and of course I have all the same issues as everyone else. That aside for a moment I am getting pretty good back splash lighting up my face or just reflecting off things around me. There are several shuttered eyeguards out there (mostly for PVS-14s) but I am not sure if they will fit on the 5-18 eyepiece, any one know or have other suggestions?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Oldsnipr
I have a 5-18 and of course I have all the same issues as everyone else. That aside for a moment I am getting pretty good back splash lighting up my face or just reflecting off things around me. There are several shuttered eyeguards out there (mostly for PVS-14s) but I am not sure if they will fit on the 5-18 eyepiece, any one know or have other suggestions?

I had the same problem and I found that the PVS-14 shuttered eyeguard works perfect.
Here's a link to my post about it. http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5558281/68
On page 68 of the Locked .228

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 08:47 AM

Thanks, that looks like it would work. There are different PVS-14 eyeguards out there, it didn't look to me like any were large enough to fit the X-sight eye piece but inside the existing eyeguard could just work. If I can find one that looks/works like yours?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 10:42 AM

Thanks, that looks like it would work. There are different PVS-14 eyeguards out there, it didn't look to me like any were large enough to fit the X-sight eye piece but inside the existing eyeguard could just work. If I can find one that looks/works like yours?

Just type in PVS-14 shuttered eye guard into the Google search and plenty will come up, but if you could, it would always help to support a vendor on this site that sells NV accessories.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Shadow357x2
Ive been told that the contrast issue was resolved as well, anybody confirm?

To me it looks the same as V228
Posted By: Ken Fowler

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 07:10 PM

Scott Country are selling the two X-Sights for next day delivery with the latest firmware! But no one can be bother to release to those of us that have been waiting for months! When I say what joke! I get grief.... I just don't get it........

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 07:35 PM

Ken where did you see that at?
Posted By: SachalATN

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 07:42 PM

Scott Country are selling the two X-Sights for next day delivery with the latest firmware! But no one can be bother to release to those of us that have been waiting for months! When I say what joke! I get grief.... I just don't get it........

Ken, the firmware that we are releasing wont be 246. We have further improved the firmware and the new firmware would be a different number.

Scott Country is a reseller and unfortunately sometimes the resellers can jump the gun.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 08:04 PM

Well its on the Facebook page of ATN. Scott Country were advertising the new sights with the latest firmware installed...
Scott Country

The team AirgunWorld Mag testing firmware .246 on the ATN X Sight in the field this weekend.

We now have X Sight 3-12x and 5-18x in stock shipping with the latest firmware .246 pre installed.

More confusion?????
Posted By: Bob-pr

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 09:18 PM

The problem is we have all been bad mouthing ATN and we must now suffer, unless you belong to the select few who have been kissing !"£$ and then you get the latest version so you can carry on singing the praises of ATN.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/23/15 09:24 PM

Sachal, How about a tentative release date and a list of what the new firmware fixes/does?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: TBean69
Sachal, How about a tentative release date and a list of what the new firmware fixes/does?

TBean, most likely the firmware will be released today.
Posted By: VAFish

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: SachalATN

Immediately goes to ATN Website to check for update. (even though he is at work and x-sight is at home.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 05:09 PM

Guess that it will be a lot of F5 button
hitting today

smile

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 06:13 PM

Actually, I'm at home, the X-Sight is here, and the pig rifle is here. The only thing not here is the firmware...lol!
Posted By: kohj1978

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 06:38 PM

SO my sight just came in and im stuck at work, after looking at it the ir light both buttons are vary loose, is this a common issue. Not a big deal my T20 IR light came in today also. Als owhats the best batteries, and can you use rechargables in this.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 07:13 PM

I didn't have any issues with the buttons but I did with the adjusting screws. You may want to aim it correctly a drop some lock title own on them.

They will back completely out, when you go to adjust the beam, the front of the unit spins and the wires will break off the LED.

You are on the right track with the T50, the range on the ATN Ir 850 is severely limited. I used a UNV20IR and got much better range. Out to 250 yards or so. Just guessing on that, I didn't measure.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 07:19 PM

MKL I keep pushing F5 but it isn't working wink

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 07:24 PM

up

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: kohj1978
SO my sight just came in and im stuck at work, after looking at it the ir light both buttons are vary loose, is this a common issue. Not a big deal my T20 IR light came in today also. Als owhats the best batteries, and can you use rechargables in this.

On both of my X-Sights the illuminator buttons are kind of loose feeling.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 07:43 PM

Thanks Beaubien and VAFish, the light is broken, the entire end rotates, like i said no big deal, but they are sending me a new one, it has the 174 firmware so i hope they come thru today with the new, But ill get it sight in today and try for some critters tonight.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 08:01 PM

Same thing happened to me. They replaced it very quickly and I now keep it as a backup. Lots of Lock Tite on the new one.

If you are any good at soldering you can probably get the old one to work. I tried but my aging eyes won't cooperate.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 08:04 PM

MKL I keep pushing F5 but it isn't working wink

Where is F5 on my iPad? grin

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 09:16 PM

They're on California time. Today lasts longer there frown

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 09:41 PM

Lol Fred....

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 09:43 PM

Sean Hoodless An hour ago

talked to them just a few minutes ago same ole same ole Friday maybe still testing it

Just taken from ATN face book!
Posted By: xavxxx

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 09:53 PM

He said 2 weeks from today...
Posted By: TomH FW

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 10:11 PM

I wish the ongoing delay and innumerable broken promises were amusing, but it is just not.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 11:11 PM

is there a place to download any of the betas they use,

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 11:17 PM

is there a place to download any of the betas they use,

That wouldn't make any sense at all. Betas are for testing only and only go out to designated testers.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/24/15 11:28 PM

i understand how betas work, I have been testing for over 10 years. Most often its a win lose situation with features but it gives the end user a chance to give feedback in different situations and setups. Its near impossible for a company to replicate all user setups. So in general open betas yeild the best resutls

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 12:04 AM

The BETAs aren't posted anywhere, you'll need to ask Sachal for it or pay someone who has it to send it to you.

Add 3% for PayPal fees

smile

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 12:09 AM

The BETAs aren't posted anywhere, you'll need to ask Sachal for it or pay someone who has it to send it to you.

Add 3% for PayPal fees

smile

HAHAHAHAHA

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 12:53 AM

I feel like Sachal just keeps getting fed bad information.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 12:57 AM

Thanks for the info, Ill have to brake out the wallet, grin

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 01:50 AM

here ya go, I can't get the dam thing to download anywhere, maybe someone can download it and pm back to me.

The main issue of reticle moving of center during zoom has been solved. A number of other issues have also been corrected and more is on the way.

There are several issues in this beta Firmware that you should be aware of:

1) GPS has been disconnected. We will turn this back on soon but it was causing some interference with other systems and we did not want to waste time debugging.

2) Photo Capture has been disconnected. Same issues but it will be turned on before release.

3) For some reason Color of the night mode has shifted to a Yellowish Green. We noticed it last minute and will correct it before final release.

Note: only download the "bin." file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2gxzV4bNBYmUlFYaGdhU3JSQU0/view?usp=sharing

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 01:53 AM

also, has anyone had a problem with the 5-18 not holding zero? I just took a shot at a coyote off the patio, 177 yds and total miss.

he was broadside and just trotted off. I set the scope with the blue locktite and a shim and resighted it but still missed.

this is starting to get to me now.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 02:56 AM

hopalong i just sent you a PM, i was able to download yours

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: hopalong
also, has anyone had a problem with the 5-18 not holding zero? I just took a shot at a coyote off the patio, 177 yds and total miss.

he was broadside and just trotted off. I set the scope with the blue locktite and a shim and resighted it but still missed.

Watch my video of my hog kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPVj6eZBkUs

Looks to me like first shot the crosshairs were right on the chest.

No holes in the front half of the pig.

But the 2nd shot you can see the puff of dust come off the pig way back. Definitely was hit in the hind quarters.

Checked zero the following day and it was right on.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 11:34 AM

Sachal,

All of these unmet statements ruin your credibility.

We want working software, many of us understand the difficulty in releasing a new version of software, but all of these missed deadlines are getting old.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 01:33 PM

Just tested, with success, that at least the .246 is reading/recording
in exfat formatted Micro-SD card, meaning that recorded movies
can be larger then 4GB, fat32 have the limit of max 4GB large files.

/MKL

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 01:42 PM

??? Is it just me, or is anyone else having problems trying to access ATN's Facebook forums page?
https://www.facebook.com/ATNNightVision/app_202980683107053?ref=page_internal
I get a runtime error, no matter which device I use.
Tom

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: VAFish

Sachal,

All of these unmet statements ruin your credibility.

We want working software, many of us understand the difficulty in releasing a new version of software, but all of these missed deadlines are getting old.

Fair enough. All moving forward, I won't be as involved in the forum. Please check our Facebook page or call our customer service for further details.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 02:32 PM

TomH yes having the same problem keeps coming up server error! Not that it will tell you anything you don't already know! (nothing did you say!) Keep On Smiling. I was getting quite concerned about Sachal, he is obviously being fed some bad information from some one. Mind you if they cant communicate between their selves we have no chance.....

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 03:44 PM

We're the personal attacks on someone that was funneling down information from his superiors really necessary?

Petulant children, geez.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 04:31 PM

I haven't had the opp to try longer ranges but I put down a .7 MOA three shot group at 100yds to verify my zero after running aprox 20 rounds through an AR-10, .308 and a couple of miles of the rifle bumbling around in a Ranger. So far the X-Sight has performed well in regard to holding zero. For me anyway.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 05:40 PM

Me too. I'm shooting minute of angle with a 300 blk

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 06:03 PM

Add 3% for PayPal fees

smile

I've got it, taking offers lol

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Beaubien
We're the personal attacks on someone that was funneling down information from his superiors really necessary?

Petulant children, geez.

No they weren't necessary, but I'm not sure they were out of line, and I didn't mean it as a personal attack. And I've been a pretty big supporter of ATN through all of this.

It gets a little tiring hearing, in two weeks, in two weeks, next week, tomorrow, no really tomorrow, maybe by now by Friday.

If Sachal is speaking as a representative of ATN and participating in these forums on ATN's behalf then he should be speaking the truth to his customers. If they real answer is "We are working on a new firmware update and will release it when we are certain it fixes the issues. We do not have a release date yet" then leave it at that. I know many are screaming to know when issues will be fixed.

Constantly promising something you can't produce doesn't build confidence in your company.

I applaud Sachal for coming into the den of wolves to defend his product and try and give us information. I just want the information to be correct.
Posted By: SEAN HOODLESS

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 10:45 PM

i have been told Friday Friday Friday for over a month now ...i agree just say we don't know and leave it at that ..... mad

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/25/15 11:06 PM

Well I never! We are told to check the ATN Facebook for information. Their Forum page has been down for most of the day now, and its still down... Coincidence ???

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 12:13 AM

so i was able to send a few rounds down range tonight, at 25M my rounds were 20" left but elevation was dead on, I have never had a optic so far off windage at 25m. I have a 5 day weekend so ill play some more. but i did notice that i zeroed zoomed in and as a zoom out the rectical moves to the left. Its still in the screen. should i zero without any zoom.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 12:21 AM

It isn't going to matter where you zero.. The result will be the same until the next version of firmware is released.

When the next version is ultimately released I think you will find that the reticle centers as you zoom.

If you find the location of the reticle objectionable now at zero zoom you might have to return the scope. I don't believe the next release fixes that. Could be wrong.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 07:45 AM

Kohj, sounds like you may have a lose or crooked mount. Some have shimmed the mount to get the scope closer to the bore center line so your x & y values will be much less. Even if the new firmware (whenever it finally gets here) fixes the reticle moving during zoom it's still a good idea the have the scope as close as possible to the centerline of the bore.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 08:39 AM

Couple of things which may or may not be of interest.
I checked with the UK distributors, all the 3-12 sights in the UK are threaded and come with sun shields.
All the 5-15 sights are Threaded.
I haven't seen a single comment here in the UK regarding problems with loose mounts or mounts being off bore.
Did you guys in the US get all the factory rejects?
I will be getting my third X-sight on Friday, other two returned for a number of reasons (48 hour turn around)
Probably spoken too soon ha ha

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 12:02 PM

At least in the new beta the cross hair is fixed. But....it can still be off center at no zoom, as you zoom it will move to center but as you back out it will move to it's zero position on the screen. With each new firmware update our zero numbers change. I still haven't figured that one out.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 12:29 PM

And the only way to fix that problem is shimming????? Its not some thing I am familiar with so excuse my ignorance on the subject...
On my rim fire .22 X 5 Y 72 Which of course put the reticule lower than the centre of the screen.
That was at 50 yards. I do love the one shot zero!!!

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 02:26 PM

And the only way to fix that problem is shimming????? Its not some thing I am familiar with so excuse my ignorance on the subject...
On my rim fire .22 X 5 Y 72 Which of course put the reticule lower than the centre of the screen.

shimming is simply put, moving the center of the scope as close to the bore alignment as you can using shims.

for your low center you need to shim the rear of the scope, taking the front down to the crosshairs. it does not take much since you are dealing with distances of 50m or more.

to help ya out, take a long stick or broom handle, lay it on a table and using cardboard or whatever place some shims under one end. when you do this visualize a straight line from the shimmed end to above the other end, or use a level, in 4' a 1/4" shim should raise the level line about 1" or so (sorry I am in Texas and don't use metric).

when dealing with meters/yardage the shim amount becomes much less to achieve the 1" at distance.

not sure I explained that very well but yrs of carpentry I lernt a thung er 3. lol

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 02:43 PM

shimming is simply put, moving the center of the scope as close to the bore alignment as you can using shims.

for your low center you need to shim the rear of the scope, taking the front down to the crosshairs. it does not take much since you are dealing with distances of 50m or more.

to help ya out, take a long stick or broom handle, lay it on a table and using cardboard or whatever place some shims under one end. when you do this visualize a straight line from the shimmed end to above the other end, or use a level, in 4' a 1/4" shim should raise the level line about 1" or so (sorry I am in Texas and don't use metric).

when dealing with meters/yardage the shim amount becomes much less to achieve the 1" at distance.

not sure I explained that very well but yrs of carpentry I lernt a thung er 3. lol

In a nut shell! Many thanks appreciate the information> Will have to see where the new one settles when in comes on Friday. Thank you.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 03:40 PM

the ones I have done (shimmed) with the exception of 1 have all been .005" and less for 100yd zero. You are correct that it doesnt take much. As I said before go to the parts store and just buy a set of feeler gauges then when you get where you need to be then just cut off the excess and use the hole to mount to th ebase.
Posted By: cyberpyrot

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 03:50 PM

WOW all the buzz about the scope pretty much died. LOL chances are ATN will never have another good pre-release again. I know I for one will never preorder from them again

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 04:56 PM

thanks Beaubien and Oldsnipr. I was able to get it much closer this morning.I removed the base and was able move it slightly and this made a significant difference with X7 and Y100. I may shim it but the reticle is centered at zero zoom and moves slightly as you go in. I sent about 1200rds down range this morning all nato 5.56. I also mounted it to my issued M4. The zero result were very similar. i then tried 4 differant firmware versions. the 234 beta seems to work the best, but it loads slower than the others. 173 seem to load the fastest.and 228 we had trouble zeroing. i did notice that when you zoom to 15 or above the sight seems to go in and out of focus. (i know its manual)we were using plywood backers and white standard acog targets. At 20X or extend zoom the scope was ghosting images, which may just be a firmware issue. at 25M we could put 30rnd in a quarter size hole, 50M was just slightly larger and at 100M all within a 2x2 diamond.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 05:18 PM

Great! Glad you got it working.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 05:46 PM

Interesting. The ATN "forum" has been down for 3 days now, ever since Sachal said that he would no longer be checking into this forum, but telling us that we should check ATN's Facebook page. The link to the forum now takes you to ATN's Facebook page, but there is NO longer any reference to or link to any forum. Furthermore, there is still no new firmware. Like many, I have never been rude or hateful to Sachal, even though his information was repeatedly wrong or late, but I am at a total loss to understand how ATN can possibly think that "shutting down" communication with people who PAID for products helps them. Wow.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: TomH FW
Interesting. The ATN "forum" has been down for 3 days now, ever since Sachal said that he would no longer be checking into this forum, but telling us that we should check ATN's Facebook page. The link to the forum now takes you to ATN's Facebook page, but there is NO longer any reference to or link to any forum. Furthermore, there is still no new firmware. Like many, I have never been rude or hateful to Sachal, even though his information was repeatedly wrong or late, but I am at a total loss to understand how ATN can possibly think that "shutting down" communication with people who PAID for products helps them. Wow.

Had a go at them over this on their Facebook I suggested it was because every single comment was about the X-Sight and the majority were bad. They just want to get the new firmware out and hope all the comments will go away.

ATN It appears the application is having technical difficulties. We have removed the forum for the time being until the forum company resolves the issue.
Like · Reply · 2 hours ago

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 06:57 PM

thanks Beaubien and Oldsnipr. I was able to get it much closer this morning.I removed the base and was able move it slightly and this made a significant difference with X7 and Y100. I may shim it but the reticle is centered at zero zoom and moves slightly as you go in. I sent about 1200rds down range this morning all nato 5.56. I also mounted it to my issued M4. The zero result were very similar. i then tried 4 differant firmware versions. the 234 beta seems to work the best, but it loads slower than the others. 173 seem to load the fastest.and 228 we had trouble zeroing. i did notice that when you zoom to 15 or above the sight seems to go in and out of focus. (i know its manual)we were using plywood backers and white standard acog targets. At 20X or extend zoom the scope was ghosting images, which may just be a firmware issue. at 25M we could put 30rnd in a quarter size hole, 50M was just slightly larger and at 100M all within a 2x2 diamond.

This is quite the test - I haven't seen you around in the previous X-sight threads but the amount of range time and various firmware testing has brought you up to speed and maybe to the head of the class up

Can you share what your observations were on battery use - type and how many it took to work through the testing which overall was accomplished in how much time?

Thanks

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 07:13 PM

The very latest from ATN!

Ken Fowler Thank you for that, you will have to forgive us all for being sceptical! Any news on the firmware being released?

ATN Keep an eye out tomorrow.

ATN It appears the application is having technical difficulties. We have removed the forum for the time being until the forum company resolves the issue.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 07:30 PM

One thing I absolutely love about the 246 beta is the ability to use an external power source. clap

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 07:34 PM

One thing I absolutely love about the 246 beta is the ability to use an external power source. clap

How about expanding on that? Will all know tomorrow when the release is made.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 07:37 PM

You still need the AA batteries to start the scope,
at least in .234 and .246. Once started they can be removed
and just using USB as powersource.

/MKL

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 07:38 PM

Darn right. Those wally world booster packs are great and I already have over 60 hrs range time on mine and well over 150 hrs running without shutting down. Im curious how long it will go. power pack
Just not caring for the way you have to get out of the video mode when your watching them through the scope but being its a beta I imagine it will be addressed sooner or later, Im patient.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 07:40 PM

/MKL

Many thanks I hope we are going to get some recommendation with regard to the external power source that is best. Are we talking about a mobile phone type external source?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 07:41 PM

Getting out of the recorded content menu:
Press enter for 2 secs.

/MKL

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 07:43 PM

/MKL

Many thanks I hope we are going to get some recommendation with regard to the external power source that is best. Are we talking about a mobile phone type external source?

Check my post above, just click power pack. Im not saying that it is the one for you but give you an idea to start with, it works fine for me though.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 07:44 PM

Getting out of the recorded content menu:
Press enter for 2 secs.

/MKL

Yes sir I figured that out awhile back but still dont care for it. Heck I can fuss about something cant I???? smile

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 07:45 PM

HuntTX i just finished watching your youtube videos, good review. i used three set of batteries this morning, i have a large stash of rayovac ultra pro batteries laying around from work so i have been using them. With GPS and Wifi turned off and brightness of 3 i was getting about 2 hours a set but that was a lot menu adjustments and was never really turned off over 6 hours. I did try regular energizers and they only lasted around an hour in night mode. I also have some energizer ultimate lithium i haven't tried yet. The First set was used in a semi enclosed range(dark out still)and the temp was around 30f then warmed to about 45F before we finished for the day. If the weather clears i my go out tonight. I'm a gadget junkie, so this sight was calling my name. This weekend I try a few other battery brands and post time on them.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Shadow357x2

/MKL

Check my post above, just click power pack. Im not saying that it is the one for you but give you an idea to start with, it works fine for me though.

Thank you for that I thought we were talking about one of those mobile phone booster or portable chargers lol

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/26/15 08:19 PM

/MKL

This doesn't work on mine. I can use the external which overrides the batteries but if I remove the cover the scope shuts down. I sat at the range for an hour and a half last week with the external on and only used a portion of it's power. I'm looking forward to being able to put rechargables in to start it and switching to the external. The only bad part being that the usb, card and hdmi ports are then open to the current weather conditions. I'll figure out something for that. I'm thinking perhaps a small balloon or something similar.
Posted By: texashunter900

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 02:57 AM

updating the firmware on mine at it stopped at 100% but is not doing anything else, is this correct?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: texashunter900
updating the firmware on mine at it stopped at 100% but is not doing anything else, is this correct?

Yes, unscrew the battery cap drop the batteries and reinstall take out the microsd card and power back up.

Scope will configure settings and then configure wi fi

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 03:07 AM

???? is .246 out? It is not showing on the firmware link, at least not for me.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 04:45 AM

I'm thinking if using external power a condom would be great to cover the exposed ports. After all the way ATN has treated us so far I think a condom would be appropriate!
Posted By: xavxxx

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 05:34 AM

Is the new firmware out...??

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 11:12 AM

quick everyone start downloading... Oh wait...

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 11:17 AM

I'm thinking if using external power a condom would be great to cover the exposed ports. After all the way ATN has treated us so far I think a condom would be appropriate!

Non-lubricated of course.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By: TomH FW
???? is .246 out? It is not showing on the firmware link, at least not for me.

Originally Posted By: xavxxx
Is the new firmware out...??

Not yet. From what I gather .246 is the Beta version that ATN released to Scott Country and a few others for testing. It is a limited software version that was meant to test the reticle staying centered while zooming and is missing a lot of other functionality.

In a post a couple pages back Sachal said that they were making more changes and that the new firmware release would have a different number. Of course Sachal also said that the firmware would be ready for download on Tuesday.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 11:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Pigsicles

Non-lubricated of course.

but ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 12:29 PM

This is what Scott Country has posted on their FB page...it was posted yesterday.

"Attn all ATN X Sight owners.
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for some firmware news tomorrow!
That is all, have a nice evening!
Regards
Paul"

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 12:33 PM

New firmware was supposed to be released on thusday, but without a
working gps, in the last minute, they got a break through getting gps
working again,thats why the delay.

/MKL

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 12:49 PM

That's good news MKL. Thanks for the update.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 01:06 PM

Awh....ok...
Posted By: LastHurrah

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 03:06 PM

New firmware update is online now.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 03:23 PM

Where?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 03:24 PM

OK...looks like they didn't change the number...it's .248

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 03:27 PM

And i just got an email notification.
Posted By: bonzman17

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 03:27 PM

they actually stated what problems were addressed and what future problems will be addressed in their email.

Many of you have been patiently waiting for the next major version of the X-Sight firmware and it is finally here. Below you'll find the details of the specific features that have been updated. Most notably you'll see that the reticle now stay in the center of the screen while zooming in. Happy hunting!
Key Feature: During Smooth Zoom the reticle will no longer shift proportionately away from the center. The reticle will begin at whatever position you zero the reticle to. When zooming, the reticle will now move towards center of the screen
Key Feature: Due to popular demand - Photo Capture has been integrated with Video Capture. You may now take photos while recording video.
Note: To properly test the usability of this change, standalone Photo Capture has been disabled
Reticle is now displayed in recorded content
Power through USB available (batteries needed to power on, but can be removed once an external USB power is plugged in)
WiFi has been optimized and is more stable
GPS temporarily disabled; no geotag, no velocity, no altitude. (Will be enabled in next firmware update)
True magnification shown when using Smooth Zoom. User must first select lens type, i.e. 3x (for 3-12x X-Sight) or 5x (for 5-18x X-Sight)
Added Sleep Mode to improve battery life. X-Sight will go to sleep when not used or moved. Any physical movement of the scope or button press will awaken the device
Various bug fixes

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 04:54 PM

Can anyone confirm if there are any reticle/zero changes when upgrading from the 246 beta to 248? I'd like to hunt with the scope this weekend but not mess up my existing zero on 246 (I wrote down my X/Y coordinates in case the update wipes them).

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 04:57 PM

It will likely wipe it out. It has every time I loaded the new firmware. Just put your old coordinates back in and you should be fine.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 05:00 PM

It will likely wipe it out. It has every time I loaded the new firmware. Just put your old coordinates back in and you should be fine.

I guess I'm more worried about a change to the algorithm that makes my existing coordinates obsolete smirk

I think I'll hold off on updating until someone else can confirm.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 05:21 PM

Every update Ive done I just put the old settings in and its usually on paper then just finish zeroing from there.
I always zero at the lowest magnification just to keep the number close.
Posted By: krm944

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: bonzman17
they actually stated what problems were addressed and what future problems will be addressed in their email.

Many of you have been patiently waiting for the next major version of the X-Sight firmware and it is finally here. Below you'll find the details of the specific features that have been updated. Most notably you'll see that the reticle now stay in the center of the screen while zooming in. Happy hunting!
Key Feature: During Smooth Zoom the reticle will no longer shift proportionately away from the center. The reticle will begin at whatever position you zero the reticle to. When zooming, the reticle will now move towards center of the screen
Key Feature: Due to popular demand - Photo Capture has been integrated with Video Capture. You may now take photos while recording video.
Note: To properly test the usability of this change, standalone Photo Capture has been disabled
Reticle is now displayed in recorded content
Power through USB available (batteries needed to power on, but can be removed once an external USB power is plugged in)
WiFi has been optimized and is more stable
GPS temporarily disabled; no geotag, no velocity, no altitude. (Will be enabled in next firmware update)
True magnification shown when using Smooth Zoom. User must first select lens type, i.e. 3x (for 3-12x X-Sight) or 5x (for 5-18x X-Sight)
Added Sleep Mode to improve battery life. X-Sight will go to sleep when not used or moved. Any physical movement of the scope or button press will awaken the device
Various bug fixes

Im optimistic that in time this scope is going to get all the bugs worked out. I havent bought yet, but have watched these updates like I owned one. For folks that have one, fingers crossed that .248 puts a smile on your faces!!

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 05:47 PM

I do not know whether anyone from ATN dares to drop in here anymore, but I for one, and hopefully on behalf of many, would like to say thanks to ATN for getting this update out to us, and for providing us with details on what it does or includes. I would also like to thank the beta testers who helped to get this in position to be delivered. I will get it installed tonight, and put it to use tomorrow night! I will report back with field results.
Tom

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 06:05 PM

anyone else stuck on the "please wait configuring wifi " screen. I installed it several time with same results. its been running now for about 20min

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: garbs

I guess I'm more worried about a change to the algorithm that makes my existing coordinates obsolete smirk

I think I'll hold off on updating until someone else can confirm.

You will be ok. It will work.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/27/15 09:36 PM

anyone else stuck on the "please wait configuring wifi " screen. I installed it several time with same results. its been running now for about 20min

I had that on the 246beta. I unscrewed the battery cap and when I restarted the scope it asked me if I wanted to update the firmware, said no and it fired up just fine.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/28/15 12:07 AM

Any lr shooters out here? If so msg me.
Posted By: JJDu4

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/28/15 10:00 PM

EDIT: sorry I now see the new thread

So can anyone confirm the fixes from the new update? I sent my XSight back last week as I only had a day or so left before I was past the return time. Once they get it fixed I think it could possibly be a great scope.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/29/15 12:46 AM

I'm considering returning my 5-20 ( They say 5-18 but standard is 4x5) I truly believe after comparing this thing on 5x to my range finder which is 8 x 28 that the range finder has a wider fov than the scope. I may have to go back to a 3.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/29/15 02:00 AM

jjdu, I've loaded the .248 firmware, and as near as I can tell, it's performing as they said it would and should. The only issue I've had is trying to figure out how to take still pictures while I'm in the video mode.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/29/15 02:17 AM

Hit the left arrow button while recording.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/29/15 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: mikei
jjdu, I've loaded the .248 firmware, and as near as I can tell, it's performing as they said it would and should. The only issue I've had is trying to figure out how to take still pictures while I'm in the video mode.

While in video mode you depress the "left" arrow to take stills. You won't have any indication that a picture was taken but it should show up on your memory card.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/29/15 12:24 PM

OK, thanks, folks. I did it that way: start video and click "left arrow" while video was running. When I pulled and dumped the miniSD card, the still pics were not there. I'll give it another try today. My fat little fingers may not have been pushing the left arrow button correctly.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/29/15 01:26 PM

I found with my unit that the buttons are a little sensitive. If I press the video button too hard or press and hold it does nothing. If I touch it very lightly it will start recording. Perhaps your photo button is the same way. Try barely touching it and see if that works.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/29/15 02:15 PM

fr3dba3ar, I just tried it, using a lighter touch, and it worked! I'm trying to get used to "managing" the buttons while keeping my eye pressed against the scope's ocular cushion. I may have been jamming them a bit harder than I needed to. Thanks!

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/30/15 03:47 AM

Bullets go where they should, unlike on previous 174 firmware build - glad to see they didn't change any of the "math" on shot tracking

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/30/15 04:35 AM

Daytime footage comparing the 3x and 5x field of view

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/30/15 05:34 AM

So tonight I lived the phrase "Do My Eyes Deceive Me?"

And as I put this test video together I find that it raises more questions than answers about a great many things.

I can best sum it up it this statement:

You've got to wonder what the TRUE potential is for digital night vision, right now - tonight, not ten years from now but NOW NOW!

What am I babbling about?

When I reviewed the video footage from this weekend's field testing of the ATN X-sight I was shocked to observe Gen 2 perhaps Gen 3 performance relative to distance and clarity.

When you watch the video I can tell you that the tree line in the background is 468 yards away and I can make out individual mesquite tree clusters in the recorded video. THIS IS THE TYPE OF PERFORMANCE I HAVE BEEN YEARNING FOR in a digital scope.

But it doesn't correlate with what I was seeing in the field at the time of actual use so I'll rely on your testing and feedback to either dispute what I think it is I'm seeing or validate it.

I have to tell you that sleeping is going to be difficult tonight because I know the potential is there, it is inside the scope as it sits to render a bright/clear image to nearly 500 yards.

How come it isn't passing through to the viewfinder, can we get an ANSWER to that QUESTION?

I'll take flickering all night if I can see that far....

Here is the video:

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/30/15 07:56 AM

Well done HuntTXhogs! This is what we need! Great stuff cant wait to get out with mine. Weather has been bad and managed to hurt may back! Ironic but there you are......

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/30/15 02:58 PM

...I know the potential is there, it is inside the scope as it sits to render a bright/clear image to nearly 500 yards.

How come it isn't passing through to the viewfinder, can we get an ANSWER to that QUESTION?

A clue may be found from the original prototype that didn't have the video out working. I could see way past 300 yards in the viewfinder with it using a T20 style illuminator. Just a thought...
Posted By: LastHurrah

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/30/15 03:10 PM

Do you think they would intentionally lower the video quality of the scope due to the fact that it competes with the higher end NV models they sell?

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/30/15 04:12 PM

Well done HuntTXhogs! This is what we need! Great stuff cant wait to get out with mine. Weather has been bad and managed to hurt may back! Ironic but there you are......

Yes Sir, glad to help

Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
...I know the potential is there, it is inside the scope as it sits to render a bright/clear image to nearly 500 yards.

A clue may be found from the original prototype that didn't have the video out working. I could see way past 300 yards in the viewfinder with it using a T20 style illuminator. Just a thought...

I've still yet to experience that phenomenom, I can eek out 250 - 300 on the viewfinder fiddling extensively with the IR beam intentionally throwing it high and far beyond the target. Not really practical for shooting at that distance and certainly not for panning and scanning a field. Would be nice if my viewfinder worked like yours, huh?

Originally Posted By: LastHurrah
Do you think they would intentionally lower the video quality of the scope due to the fact that it competes with the higher end NV models they sell?

I haven't the slightest

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 03/30/15 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill

I've still yet to experience that phenomenom, I can eek out 250 - 300 on the viewfinder fiddling extensively with the IR beam intentionally throwing it high and far beyond the target. Not really practical for shooting at that distance and certainly not for panning and scanning a field. Would be nice if my viewfinder worked like yours, huh?

Well, my production unit doesn't work like that currently. My point was that, just an observation, when we had the prototype the viewfinder image was much better and it also coincided with the video out not being functional. I don't know what was changed, I just know it did.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 04/04/15 12:03 PM

ATN X-Sight 3-12X + Uniquefire UF-1503(T50)

/MKL

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 04/06/15 04:33 PM

Just want to thank HuntTXhogs for the pics of the X-Sight mount plate. My small plate screws were very loose and that may be why I've been struggling with holding zero. Cleaned and added blue loctite to all screws and base.

I'll be checking zero again later in the week.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 04/06/15 04:56 PM

[quote=DrifterAT]Just want to thank HuntTXhogs for the pics of the X-Sight mount plate. My small plate screws were very loose and that may be why I've been struggling with holding zero. Cleaned and added blue loctite to all screws and base.

I'll be checking zero again later in the week. [/quote

up
Posted By: hibbydunk

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 04/09/15 10:18 PM

After months of waiting to get a working firmware, reticule somewhere near the middle, eventually went out yesterday and used my 5x in earnest on my hmr. first mount on rifle, scope sits square on mounts and in line with barrel no obvious out of alignment issues, zeroed at x -443 y 119 spot on at 50 yards. first live shot 85 yds 15x daylight good picture one dead rabbit happy days hmmmmm. Then ready for my night trundling round my permission crops coming up now bunny heaven. first job sit through dusk at current hotspot wait on the wee beggars coming out and hit them hard. hmmmm really blurry laggy night vision not like the first time i tried it on 720fps when i hand held it across our village park another bunny heaven. was pretty perfect picture then and i did look through it a month back and had decnt view out to 140 yds at 10x in 720fps. now in 1080fps is not worth a sook, in your words IT SUCKS! so my scope and addon went back on and normal death penalty to crop eating varmints recommenced.

So what settings are you guys using for nv cos at the moment i have a pretty expensive paper weight that isn't doing its job. I have decent ir so that isn't the issue. Any advice very welcome.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 04/10/15 12:57 AM

There just have to be hardware differences no matter what they say. When I had the 5x mounted I think zero was around 11 and 35.

I just mounted the new 3x and zero is somewhere around -75 and 149. Now of course this doesn't matter as the reticle centers but while trying to zero I could only go down 75 then had to save and go down again from there.

That all being said, I should have no problem killing coyotes @ 200 yards with the Bmag.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 04/11/15 02:16 PM

A video from yesterday with my 3-12X

/MKL

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 04/22/15 03:27 PM

New firmware released smile

Posted By: Dale Wilson

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 04/30/15 03:24 PM

Hi All, New to the group and new to X-sight, Can I ask is anyone actually using it to hunt at night?

I Love the scope in the day but I just can not use it at night even with better IR. I have a N550 and its a dozen times better at night especially with the XLR-IR850 on board. The reason I'm asking is I have a N750A coming in today (I hope) and trying to decide weather to return the X-sight 5-18 or wait to see if they can get it working better at night. I don't think it will ever be as good as the N550 I have but it's so much better everywhere else. I mainly hunt hogs at night @ 100 yards max so that's my main concern. I talked to ATN and they are more concerned with getting the GPS and sound working than improving the NV. Any thoughts?
Dale

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 04/30/15 08:22 PM

I have used it at night and took out numerous hogs.

I can see out 250 yards or more with a unv20ir.
There are some known issues such as flicker And auto dimming.

Is your ir focused and aligned properly?
Posted By: faregame

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/01/15 07:22 AM

Any know of a Quick Detach mounting system that would suit the X Sight?

To fit on a rail - would like to move the unit off and on a rifle - maybe between 2 rifles
Posted By: faregame

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/01/15 07:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Dale Wilson
Hi All, New to the group and new to X-sight, Can I ask is anyone actually using it to hunt at night?

I Love the scope in the day but I just can not use it at night even with better IR. I have a N550 and its a dozen times better at night especially with the XLR-IR850 on board. The reason I'm asking is I have a N750A coming in today (I hope) and trying to decide weather to return the X-sight 5-18 or wait to see if they can get it working better at night. I don't think it will ever be as good as the N550 I have but it's so much better everywhere else. I mainly hunt hogs at night @ 100 yards max so that's my main concern. I talked to ATN and they are more concerned with getting the GPS and sound working than improving the NV. Any thoughts?
Dale

I regularly hunt at night with mine - rabbits out over 100m - overall visible distance 400m+ (ran out of hills to look at) -must go and get some pigs - easy enough to get in day so havn't bothered at night
Posted By: b4ger731

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/04/15 12:22 PM

was out yesterday shooting rabbits with the 5x18 on 226 firmware. video on yontube under b4ger731. was going to stop till dark but it started raining so had to call it a day. going back tonight so hoping to get some good night time video
Posted By: customcutter

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/04/15 01:06 PM

Hello all,

I ordered a 5X18 last week from OP, it should be here on wednesday. This is my first venture into NV, but I've been interested for several years. I had been researching the X-sight for nearly a week. I hadn't found this forum yet when I ordered, but seems they have addressed a few of the major issues, and it will get better. I plan on using it on a 6.5 Grendel AR for hog and predator hunting in cow pastures in central Fl and lower AL. I wish I had known that the 3X12 is almost a lb. lighter(OP list 5x18 as 2.7 and 3X12 as .7lb. I figured it had to be a typo) Also dissappointed to hear that the 5X is closer to 7X. I normally use all my scopes on lowest power of 3X or 4X for target acquisition in the daytime, probably more difficult at night.

thanks for a great site, and all the info that you guys have posted. BTW I have lived in the Great State of Texas as a child. Dad was stationed at the SAC base near Ft. Worth for several years during the time that Kennedy was assassinated.

CC

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/04/15 02:51 PM

Welcome to the Board!

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/04/15 08:36 PM

Thanks

I just read all 17 pages again, and noticed where someone had posted a link to the 3X12. Under the specs there it listed the 3X12 as the same weight as the 5X18 2.7#. Is the 3X12 actually lighter????
Posted By: summer-blue

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/04/15 09:03 PM

3x is listed as 2.3 lbs on ATN website.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/04/15 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: customcutter
Thanks

I just read all 17 pages again, and noticed where someone had posted a link to the 3X12. Under the specs there it listed the 3X12 as the same weight as the 5X18 2.7#. Is the 3X12 actually lighter????

3x with batteries is 2 lbs 7 ozs

5x with batteries is 3 lbs 1 oz

Welcome to the forum

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/04/15 11:58 PM

Thanks guys. So there is a 10oz difference. I guess I'll have to see if the 5X is too tight on field of view. Any other differences that might make you chose one over the other???

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/05/15 02:38 AM

Thanks guys. So there is a 10oz difference. I guess I'll have to see if the 5X is too tight on field of view. Any other differences that might make you chose one over the other???

Price

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/05/15 09:17 PM

Price

Yes, I've already forked over the dough for the 5X18. Should be here tomorrow.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/07/15 12:35 AM

Well Christmas came early today. UPS dropped the 5X package and I headed into town to get a micro sd 10X card and some duracells. Powered it up about 30 min before dark. It has 248 installed, so I guess I'll be trying to update to 266 soon. So far it looks good, view finder was bright, didn't see any "fish eye" around the edges. Is manual focusing normal??? With 3X & 5X? FOV on the 5X seems very tight, and it is heavy.... Well it'll be dark in a few more minutes time to test it out....

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/07/15 01:31 AM

Welcome to the forum.

The manual focus is on both 3 and 5 x models. Takes a little getting used to.

You may want to get a couple sets of Panasonic rechargeable batteries. They are lasting about 6-7 hours with my 5x. Saves a ton of money. I back them up with a 3400 mAH power pack. Works great.

There is a big difference in ratings on rechargeables, that's why I mention Panasonic

Good luck.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/07/15 02:35 AM

Thanks, I finally did a search for the ATN X sight manual. I guess some of the early 3X had an auto focus that was done away with.

I'll try and find some Panasonic AA re-chargables. I also like the idea of the battery back-up set. I looked at the link at Walmart, then when I went back and checked again it didn't work. I guess any battery back-up with a mini USB cable would work.

Just finished looking around in the back yard for a few minutes. I could make out tree leaves and limbs at approx 75-100yds with the included IR. I'm sure a T20 or T50 will make it much better.

So far I'm banana Can't wait to get it out in a field some where....

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/07/15 09:21 PM

The manual focus is a bit of hassle, but I've found that if I take the time to run the focus ring from one extreme to another, at least ten times, every time I break out the scope, the tightness greatly decreases. When I first got my 5-18 I couldn't even turn the focus ring with one hand, while looking through the scope, with the scope mounted on my AR! There isn't much room for hands/fingers with the scope mounted to get any leverage on the ring. Now, after 30-40 turns from one end of the range to the other, I can easily focus without taking my eye off the ocular, and without putting any undue strain on my fingers and wrist.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/07/15 09:23 PM

Mikei try this...it worked great on mine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAIRRTY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/07/15 11:55 PM

Thanks, deereguy, I just ordered one! It will sure help my old, arthritic hands in trying to muscle the focus ring into the right position!!

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/08/15 01:20 AM

Thanks mikei,

I noticed today that the manual focus wasn't as "tight" as it was yesterday. I was also thinking that it could use a "lever" on the focus ring. First thing I did this afternoon was check to see how far it had to turn to go from "near to infinity" on focus. It was an amazing 2.75 turns of the focus ring. That being said I then took it outside and focused it on the fence 30 yds away. I then focused it on some trees about 150 yds away and it was only .25 turn of the focus ring. I was glad that it wasn't a full turn.

Question for the more experienced. Do the 3X and 5X both operate on the same firmware updates??? Just want to make sure issues are being resolved at the same time in both formats. It looks like the 3X is actually 3 power from the videos I've watched. I'm really concerned about the FOV on the 5X model.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/08/15 01:59 AM

Same firmware

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/08/15 03:19 AM

,yup, what he said.

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/08/15 07:30 PM

Just got off the phone with OPlanet. Called for an RMA for the 5-18, and ordered the 3-12 in it's place. Upgraded to 3 day shipping, so it'll be here before the weekend. BTW, I asked about price match and told them the price I had seen at other competitors and they gladly matched it. +1 on customer service.
Posted By: Southern180

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/17/15 10:23 AM

Ok have a 3x12 that eats batteries, please tell me which batteries you guys are getting best life from??

and post some pics of battery packs for external power, I can build up a pack but have not seem any data on operating voltage, being digital it should have a range of volts it would work from
''

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/17/15 03:00 PM

Panasonic rechargeables.

There is another thread that is dedicated to power packs and has pictures.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5695090/Re:_External_Power_Suppy_for_t#Post5695090

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/17/15 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Southern180
Ok have a 3x12 that eats batteries, please tell me which batteries you guys are getting best life from??

and post some pics of battery packs for external power, I can build up a pack but have not seem any data on operating voltage, being digital it should have a range of volts it would work from
''

Welcome to the forum, I ordered a Nitecore D4 charger and Panasonic 18650's for my IR illuminator from flea bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391002851094?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'll be ordering some rechargables for the X-sight as well. I highly recommend getting a smart charger. The batteries will last longer, and you're less likely to have them catch fire...

Beaubien, thanks for posting the thread. I need to order an external battery pack as well.
Posted By: Southern180

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/18/15 12:19 AM

Panasonic rechargeables.

There is another thread that is dedicated to power packs and has pictures.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5695090/Re:_External_Power_Suppy_for_t#Post5695090

tks will start reading

Re: Owners of an ATN X-Sight, all included - 05/24/15 01:56 AM

The slow boat from China arrived today. It had my T50 illuminator on it.

I guess I'm easily impressed, it looked like the tree tops about 150 yds away, were being lit up with a spotlight, from my back yard. The beam easily focused much tighter than the FOV on 3X. Right now I'm banana. Hopefully I'll get to try it out tomorrow night, if I can contact the land owner.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum