Texas Hunting Forum

Swapping Scopes

Posted By: Brother in-law

Swapping Scopes - 02/13/15 01:56 AM

Do any of you swap scopes between guns? Do you rezero between each use or just use "0" marks for the one you use the most and then just start at a different hash mark with a dope chart for the other gun?

Not exactly sure how to word what im saying. I know during my rifle build the maker said that he would going to use his scope for sight in.
Posted By: GLC

Re: Swapping Scopes - 02/13/15 02:18 AM

I always re-zero unless I use one temporally for just load development.
Posted By: 6.5x47Lapua

Re: Swapping Scopes - 02/13/15 02:21 AM

Gotta re-zero. Starting off your 0 dope at anything other than zero is a recipe for a miss.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Swapping Scopes - 02/13/15 02:24 AM

The Viper PST will be pulled off the 7 Rem Mag maybe next week and put on the 7mm-08. Bore sight it once its moved over, then zero it on 100 yard paper. I will document what it took to move from 7 Rem Mag to 7mm-08 (elevation and windage turret adjustments). So the next time I can do it nearly without shooting it. But I will verify anyway. Once it moves to a new rifle I will zero out the turrets.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Swapping Scopes - 02/13/15 02:26 AM

I've never checked to see just how close to zero a scope would be when moved from one rifle to another. I've jockeyed scopes around quite a bit though and I don't recall ever being surprised at how little adjustment any of them needed during boresighting. Don't really know, though.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum