Texas Hunting Forum

eBay for scopes

Posted By: quail2

eBay for scopes - 12/14/14 04:50 PM

Has anyone bought a scope off of ebay..there are some good prices just not sure I would trust em
Posted By: toolman

Re: eBay for scopes - 12/14/14 04:59 PM

I've bought several and never had any problems. I have heard of some issues with knock-offs of certain brands being sold though, I think it was Leupold and maybe Aimpoint, but I think they were coming out of China.
Posted By: HuntTXhogs

Re: eBay for scopes - 12/14/14 05:38 PM

I've bought some off Craigslist locally and that didn't go well. Ebay may have a buyers protection if you use a credit card...
Posted By: headhunter54

Re: eBay for scopes - 12/14/14 08:59 PM

Bought several new Zeiss on eBay, just check their rating and feedback. Most are small business guys that can't afford to screw anyone.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: eBay for scopes - 12/15/14 01:19 PM

I have purchased several scopes off of ebay with out any problems. I would ask a few questions before spending several hundred first.
Posted By: jlsbassman

Re: eBay for scopes - 12/15/14 07:29 PM

New maybe but used I would not. I bought one off here a few weeks ago and when I recieved it you could not even focus it. Sent it in for repair, the repair guy says it looked like somebody had got some kind of gun cleaning solution in it and stripped the coatings off the lens. Used, for any amount over $50, I'd have to see it first.
Posted By: bcranch

Re: eBay for scopes - 12/15/14 11:29 PM

I've bought a bunch and never had a problem, like people said above, buyer beware. Check feedback and what they have sold before. If they have sold other optics and hunting stuff you are probably ok. If you use PayPal you do have refund protection through eBay if you do get taken.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: eBay for scopes - 12/18/14 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: bcranch
I've bought a bunch and never had a problem, like people said above, buyer beware. Check feedback and what they have sold before. If they have sold other optics and hunting stuff you are probably ok. If you use PayPal you do have refund protection through eBay if you do get taken.

x2. I've bought and sold hundreds of items on Ebay and never one problem, knock on wood. There are so many fraud and buyer protections now with Ebay, Paypal and your credit card that it is near impossible to get screwed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum