Texas Hunting Forum

X-sight tech support

Posted By: cyberpyrot

X-sight tech support - 11/30/14 08:12 PM

I notice a corona around white objects is there a fix for this.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DavidK

Re: X-sight tech support - 11/30/14 08:33 PM

corona? the whole thing is out of focus also, is that a 3x?

Re: X-sight tech support - 11/30/14 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: DavidK
corona? the whole thing is out of focus also, is that a 3x?

5x how do you focus?
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: X-sight tech support - 11/30/14 09:04 PM

The moveable ring in the front right behind the lens? It does appear out of focus.

On a side note, it appears to hold a good zero up

Re: X-sight tech support - 11/30/14 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
The moveable ring in the front right behind the lens? It does appear out of focus.

On a side note, it appears to hold a good zero up

Here is the cool thing I stghted it in at 100 yards I put it in the vice lined it up and just pulled the trigger without looking down the scope I watched for the dirt splash then moved th crosshairs the next shot was on the paper the hole you see in the beginning of the video and this was the first magazine with this scope.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/01/14 01:43 AM

yes, the ring near the lens, rotate it to get focus....the 5x has a manual focus, the reason I had ordered one, the 3x is fixed focus, which I haven't seen one in focus yet...

try focusing and report back.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/01/14 01:56 AM

yes, the ring near the lens, rotate it to get focus....the 5x has a manual focus, the reason I had ordered one, the 3x is fixed focus, which I haven't seen one in focus yet...

try focusing and report back.

Will do

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/01/14 04:27 PM

as well as adjusting the focus, I believe there is a contrast adjustment that will help with your issue
Posted By: HuntTXhogs

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/01/14 04:40 PM

as well as adjusting the focus, I believe there is a contrast adjustment that will help with your issue

not that I have found

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/01/14 04:41 PM

do you think this http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/08/cold-shot-scope-base-dial-adjusts-from-zero-to-150-moa/ or shims might fix the cross hair creep when zooming in
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/01/14 04:43 PM

No contrast, there is a brightness adjust. The images above are clearly out of focus...is that a pun??? confused

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/02/14 10:55 PM

Ok It turns out it was the focus
Posted By: FrankwT

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/20/14 11:44 PM

Ok got my 5x18 replacement for the 3x12 I returned to ATN..Very clear, bright a lot heavier though. I still have the recording problem and have written ATN, again.

First recording was good, opened in a firefox browser, the next 3 tried to open in quick time and yes I have the plug in installed...says it cannot read, corrupt file and will not open as the first. Beyond my computer expertise...anyone?

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/21/14 01:04 AM

Where are you at in Houston?
Posted By: HuntTXhogs

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/21/14 01:18 AM

Try a different micro sd card

I have successfully recorded 90 clips with my 5x so I tend to think it is a software issue on your end.

There is a link somewhere on THF using a free program to convert the file to a standard windows type that can be tried.

HTXH
Posted By: Shadow357x2

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/21/14 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs
Try a different micro sd card

I have successfully recorded 90 clips with my 5x so I tend to think it is a software issue on your end.

There is a link somewhere on THF using a free program to convert the file to a standard windows type that can be tried.

HTXH

Agreed on the sd card. I had a el cheapo I initially installed and it wouldnt do jack, bought an sdhc 8 gig and it has performed without fail with both video and stills.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/21/14 11:52 AM

VLC media player will handle these files as well with no conversion. Its also free just google it and dl then watch the mov files
Posted By: 25-06

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/21/14 07:38 PM

I can't get audio across on mine. I can play videos just no audio. I have the microphone on, on the unit.
Posted By: CaveManRancher

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 01:50 PM

I just inserted a 32 gig Micro sd hc Lexar card. The wifi was a breeze, when I went to the home screen with the reticle and pressed the right button, an error storage message appeared, same thing when left arrow was pressed. Then the unit would not shut down by pressing the power button. When I pressed the left arrow again it shut down and would not restart without pulling the batteries.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: CaveManRancher
I just inserted a 32 gig Micro sd hc Lexar card. The wifi was a breeze, when I went to the home screen with the reticle and pressed the right button, an error storage message appeared, same thing when left arrow was pressed. Then the unit would not shut down by pressing the power button. When I pressed the left arrow again it shut down and would not restart without pulling the batteries.

Is it a class 10 card? Or a $10 class 1 card for 1080 p data transfer you need to have a high speed data transfer card.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 03:08 PM

its a class 10 card.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 03:15 PM

Yes I have tried VLC, it cannot open the file either, using a class 10 card, will try another. The point to me is my computer is able to play 1 file but not another recorded 1 minute after the first, this tells me the computer and software are fine and the scope is corrupting some files. They are recorded identically and processed the same way, 1 plays and another is an unrecognized file format sooo I will try another card first and then try to loan the scope to a friend who has state of the art everything and see if they have the same issue..any other ideas?

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 03:16 PM

its a class 10 card.

Try reformatting the card

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 03:38 PM

I plead ignorance on that one. How do I do that?!

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 03:42 PM

put in your computer, open file explorer, look for the card in the listing where you normally go for the files, right click on the card, whatever it is, d: or whatever, then select format, select fat32 and quick format, select ok, let it finish and close

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 04:16 PM

OK, I cannot find anywhere at ATN the computer requirement for the X-sight, seems to me every tech product lists this minimum requirement, can anyone please advise? Thanks

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 04:18 PM

I don't think I have a micro sd card slot on my tower, just a regular one and I don't have a sd card with the micro sd hole in it.......%*&^

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 06:26 PM

I don't think I have a micro sd card slot on my tower, just a regular one and I don't have a sd card with the micro sd hole in it.......%*&^

Most of the time the micro sd cards come with the adaptor , even a cheapo adaptor will work on your card.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 07:41 PM

it didn't. mad

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 07:55 PM

it didn't. mad

Thats why I said "Most of the time"
Go to the dollar store and get a 8 gig for 10.00 and just use the adaptor thats comes with that one.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 08:19 PM

you're F'd...lol

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 08:21 PM

5x18 X-sight test SD ultra fast SD card, 5 of 5 videos good, so far so good, hoping for the best. Now that it is working the next videos will have correct time and dates. Sandisk, Ultra Plus 32GB micro SDHC UHS-1 speeds up to 48 MB/s 320x, remarks it is for full HD video

Seems I have solved my recording issue, card was 24.88 at walmart,

http://youtu.be/8SnIHblMXA8

put on my mono pod to try and make more stable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQBLiONk_kc&feature=youtu.be

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/23/14 08:59 PM

They have card adapters that fit in a USB port and you can buy any cheap micro card with an adapter to use with your good micro card.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/24/14 12:05 AM

good to hear Frank!!!

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/24/14 04:34 PM

alright, bought a cheap one and got the good one formatted. Took a video, all looks good so far. I am going to try to test this thing really good over Christmas holiday. Cool toy, hope it does all that I want it to.
Posted By: LastHurrah

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/24/14 05:16 PM

I have firmware version 174 and my night vision is still flickering. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/24/14 06:11 PM

can't 'fix', have to wait for new firmware
Posted By: LastHurrah

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/24/14 08:06 PM

can't 'fix', have to wait for new firmware

Thanks DavidK. Called ATN and they said a new firmware update is coming out Monday.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/24/14 09:24 PM

yea, but which Monday? they said it was coming out last monday
Posted By: 25-06

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/25/14 05:00 AM

Am I the only one with the audio issue???

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/25/14 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By: 25-06
Am I the only one with the audio issue???

what player are you using? Download Apple Quicktime player and report back...

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Davw

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/25/14 04:00 PM

I am not getting any audio. Also, twice I've tried to connect with the scope with my iPhone 5S, it had 62% power. It tries to connect and immediately phone phone shuts down due to "low" battery. I have to go plug it in and when it restarts it restarts with 36% battery. Could be something with the phone but just weird.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/25/14 05:20 PM

I am not getting any audio. Also, twice I've tried to connect with the scope with my iPhone 5S, it had 62% power. It tries to connect and immediately phone phone shuts down due to "low" battery. I have to go plug it in and when it restarts it restarts with 36% battery. Could be something with the phone but just weird.

Do you mean audio on the phone or on the recorded videos? I don't think the device streams audio to the phone or you would get looping feedback.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/25/14 06:52 PM

As stated above, download Apple Quicktime, link above, and play your video's using it.

I also have a problem with X-sight giving me 'low battery' warnings, yet when I check my batteries on the analyzer, they are near full. I'm using Turnigy LSD 2400mah NiMH batteries. They all hold very close to 2400mah each. When I check them after, they are at about 2150mah, far from being discharged.

The low battery problem causes all kinds of issues, will drop your Wifi connection, will mess up your recordings, will keep the sight from turning off, etc.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/25/14 08:28 PM

No audio on QuickTime on laptop off of card. Seems like it's making my IPhone go dead but it just could be my phone, although it's never happened before.

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/26/14 02:11 AM

do you have the microphone turned on in the scope settings?
Posted By: jdjintx

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/26/14 06:01 AM

Received my 5X X-Sight yesterday, so I have not yet had an opportunity to contact Tech Support. If anyone here has anything to offer regarding the following issues I'd be very appreciative:

1. Buttons often become unresponsive (including power). Battery removal is only way to reset.
2. Huge lag when monitoring X-Sight with Obsidian app.
3. Flickering (known issue, thought their latest firmware was supposed to fix).
4. Photo/Video missing reticle(known issue, thought their latest firmware was supposed to fix).
5. After powering down, scope immediately powers up again. Have to store without batteries.
6. Zeroing moves reticle so close to left edge of screen that the sight will not be useable. Could be a mount issue- does anyone use shims to fix horizontal issues?
7. Microphone is on, but nothing is audible when playing video on PC (WMP).

For what it's worth, I'm trying this tonight on a suppressed AR22, but if things work out I may consider moving it to a .300 Blackout. Even though I've listed many issues, I think this could be a keeper (at this price point) as long as they fix the unresponsive buttons and I can get the reticle more or less centered. Any suggestions/help will be very much appreciated!

jdj

Re: X-sight tech support - 12/26/14 07:55 AM

jdj, post your issue under this thread:

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5454762/ATN_X-Sight#Post5454762

try playing in quicktime for audio

as for the power issues, I have similar, but not it powering back on

I also have issues pushing the buttons, trying to get to do stuff is sometimes unresponsive

the next firmware is supposed to fix flickering and many other issues according to atn
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum