Texas Hunting Forum

ATN Smart HD Firmware X-sight - versions and revision information

Posted By: HuntTXhogs

ATN Smart HD Firmware X-sight - versions and revision information - 11/19/14 04:17 PM

Looking to setup a thread to archive all current and future firmware information for Smart HD optics from ATN.

Today 11-19-2014 the following is available for the 3x and 5x X-sight

No additional information provided, anybody have any ideas on the previous revision number and changes made?

MODS - If you want to lock comments I can try to update this thread going forward for awhile to keep cross talk down.

texas
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/19/14 04:20 PM

Previous was 1.8.00.172. 172 or 173 addressed smooth mag with reticle tracking for one. I updated mine last night.

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/19/14 04:23 PM

Deryl -

If you know of a source that is tracking these revisions with notes please post -

Also do you know if you can revert to a previous firmware version from a new update?

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/19/14 04:30 PM

Let me see what I can find out Ben. I do not believe you can go backwards. This is a great thread idea btw... Should a figgered you would think of it... grin

If you want to see if it can get stickied and comments locked, I could maybe forward what we get and have you post it...

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/19/14 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
Let me see what I can find out Ben. I do not believe you can go backwards. This is a great thread idea btw... Should a figgered you would think of it... grin

If you want to see if it can get stickied and comments locked, I could maybe forward what we get and have you post it...

works for me

cheers
Posted By: SachalATN

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/21/14 01:53 AM

All,
Firmware logs will soon be posted. As to being able to revert back to the old firmware, that won't be possible, unless someone here keeps a record of it. There is honestly no reason why you'd want to install the older firmware.
Posted By: SachalATN

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/21/14 01:54 AM

Logs with detailed description.

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/21/14 02:33 PM

I will look for the logs once they are posted and keep a listing here of revision changes.

Reverting to older versions of firmware (software) was sometimes necessary in the personal computing and video game console industry. Sometimes the latest and greatest firmware would cause compatability problems with other software or settings etc...

It isn't a must, I was just curious

HTXH
Posted By: MrKingLouie

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/21/14 02:58 PM

I have all revisions of the X-sights downloaded, since ATN started post them, rev numbers might not be accurate but if needed pm me.
There is 5 thats released.

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/21/14 03:00 PM

Edit....

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/22/14 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by MrKingLouie
I have all revisions of the X-sights downloaded, since ATN started post them, rev numbers might not be accurate but if needed pm me.
There is 5 thats released.

I sent you a PM, here is what I have pieced together so far -

Pre-production firmware versions were:

Firmware 1.8.00.164

Firmware 1.8.00.165

Firmware 1.8.00.168

The scope shipped with a NEON green paper insert that states the following:

Firmware 1.8.00.169

1) HDMI interface is not fully implemented
2) MicroSD card is required for the WiFi to work on Android
3) May notice an occasional blink in the recorded video in night mode
4) "Recorded Content" preview coming soon

Firmware 1.8.00.172

Verified to be installed on my factory fresh 5x X-sight, continuous zoom works

Firmware 1.8.00.173

Updated on 11-21-2014 - I have no idea what it changed or improved, the brightness quick set on the menu (light bulb) doesn't work - you have to go deeper into the display menu to adjust screen brightness

The scope ships with a quick reference pamphlet which is more quick than reference, the full owners manual is located here X-sight Owners Manual

Here is a very rude and crude video to illustrate the firmware verification, transfer to SD card, and eventual update to the latest version.

HTXH
Posted By: MrKingLouie

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/22/14 12:03 PM

U have pm, as I said before revision numbers is not accurate but all five releases are there

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/22/14 01:19 PM

Your update process demonstrates the nature of connecting smart devices via wi-fi to items like scopes and doing transfers, etc. It can be unforgiving and clunky, but if you stick with it you learn and eventually get there.. up

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/22/14 11:46 PM

There have been reported challenges by new users with regards to managing and opening the video files created by the X-sight to the MicroSD card. Essentially the files are containerized as .MOV (Apple Quicktime format) and not always recognized or replayed correctly on pre-installed Windows media players, to include VLC player. I will upload a video tonight that shows a work around for Windows users.

HTXH

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/22/14 11:59 PM

Mine plays on Windows Media Player, no sound. No issues at all with Windows Live Movie Maker. I suspect those having issues could have older versions.
Posted By: Bearclaw

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/23/14 12:05 AM

Just download QuickTime. I play .mov on my PC with sounds and no issues.

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/23/14 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Bearclaw

Does QuickTime on the PC allow you to export or convert the file to a smaller size for video editing and YouTube upload.

Its been awhile since I messed with PCs.

Thx
Posted By: WhoDat

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/23/14 12:57 AM

Just use Handbrake...
Posted By: Bearclaw

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/23/14 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs
Originally Posted By: Bearclaw

Does QuickTime on the PC allow you to export or convert the file to a smaller size for video editing and YouTube upload.

Its been awhile since I messed with PCs.

Thx

Yessir

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/23/14 02:55 AM

I looked into Quicktime 7.7.6 for Windows - the download for the player is free and can be found here http://support.apple.com/kb/dl837

After installing it and selecting YES when prompted to associate quicktime files to it, I found that it played the X-sight video without problem however when you try to Export to a different file type (AVI) it requires you to upgrade to the PRO version. That is $ 29.99.

Here is a FREE option

Any Video Converter

I know there are a bunch of ways to get the results so I'll just leave it at this in terms of doing a tutorial up

HTXH

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/23/14 04:36 AM

Just upgrade to the latest Windows Live Movie Maker. I used it for all the X-Sight vids I put up. No issues. Is this coming from just one report?

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/23/14 05:32 AM

Yep 1 report

It'll all sort out in the end, been "plugging and praying" for 20+ years so when it comes to PCs there isn't a sole single solution.

Giving folks options to explore WITH VIDEO clap
Posted By: mtnbowhunter

Re: ATN Smart HD Firmware - versions and revision information - 11/26/14 04:31 AM

Thanks for the thread on the upgrade/downloads
it would be nice if possible to put a description in with the upgrades as to what the upgrade IS / DOES!!
- as some of us down the road may not want to install some of the firmware upgrades as we may not want some of the gadgets/gizmos they may make available for the x-sight.

also - SAACHAL - you asked for input on what us HUNTERS may like to see for the X-SIGHT my thoughts as below
- please give us the option of adding additional partial crosshairs under the main crosshair to give us r4ference/aiming points for different ranges - in a perfect world we would be able to add yardage numbers beside those ADDITIONAL CROSSHAIRS

- Give us resolution options for those of us that shoot at moving targets so we can eliminate/minimize the digital "tracing" normaly found in digital scopes/cameras

- a small out of the way battery status graph that is on screen all the time if we want it

- also what is the center of scope to top of rail distance on the x0sight PLEASE!!

THANKS
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum