Texas Hunting Forum

What 2nd Amendment...???

Posted By: Tbar

What 2nd Amendment...??? - 12/30/23 11:56 PM

Illinois bans semiautomatic weapons, critics vow court test

https://apnews.com/article/politics...iolence-e8f6523bc0ce295a5cbabfdf000c3399

The Supreme Court refuses to block an Illinois law banning some high-power semiautomatic weapons

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-...f4d?utm_source=copy&utm_medium=share
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: What 2nd Amendment...??? - 01/08/24 12:55 AM

Wow
Posted By: DonPablo

Re: What 2nd Amendment...??? - 01/10/24 03:02 PM

Just because they refused an emergency appeal doesn't mean the law will stand. If the lower courts uphold it, the SC can still hear an appeal. I'm sure they'll review a case before long addressing these attempts at circumventing the 2A (there are several out there). Hopefully sooner than later.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: What 2nd Amendment...??? - 01/10/24 11:29 PM

I knew once they killed the 1st Amendment it wouldn't take them long to get the 2nd. Biden's war on America.
Posted By: blkt2

Re: What 2nd Amendment...??? - 01/11/24 01:47 PM

The political left knows that they have lost the gun argument so they are trying to keep the fight going in the courts until Justice Thomas dies. They are hoping to have a friendlier court down the road a bit.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: What 2nd Amendment...??? - 01/12/24 05:02 PM

Because all the current Illinois gun laws have curtailed so much death from firearms. rolleyes
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: What 2nd Amendment...??? - 01/12/24 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by J.G.
Because all the current Illinois gun laws have curtailed so much death from firearms. rolleyes

No kidding. The good thing about the Illinois debacle is they are experiencing massive non-compliance. I think only 29,000 cowards have complied so far.
Posted By: Texas452

Re: What 2nd Amendment...??? - 03/11/24 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by yotehater
I knew once they killed the 1st Amendment it wouldn't take them long to get the 2nd. Biden's war on America.

It’s the left’s policy to cherry pick the constitution, as conservatives we should support all of our constitutional rights, just look at what’s happening to president Trump, these people will never stop, they own the media and lots of people can’t think for themselves.
What’s going on now is no different from what happened in Nazis Germany and the Soviet Union.
If we let the left steal another election we are doomed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum