Texas Hunting Forum

GUN CONTROL BACKLASH

Posted By: General Guts

GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/26/18 11:24 PM

Florida Gun Show: We've Never Seen Numbers Like This Before

The organizers of the Florida Gun Show, held at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa this weekend, told reporters that a record number of people attended the event this year. The event's manager, George Fernandez, says they've never seen numbers like this before — and the renewed gun control push from the Left played a significant role in boosting attendance.
Posted By: pug

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/26/18 11:25 PM

clap clap
Posted By: J.G.

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/26/18 11:31 PM

It is not difficult to see the pattern here. Libs take advantage of a tragedy, start talking gun control, gun sales soar. Libs want less guns in the public, and get the opposite. It is no different than the belief they portray that more laws equals less crime. They literally are insane, because they do in fact try the same tactics over and over, and expect a new result.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/26/18 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
It is not difficult to see the pattern here. Libs take advantage of a tragedy, start talking gun control, gun sales soar. Libs want less guns in the public, and get the opposite. It is no different than the belief they portray that more laws equals less crime. They literally are insane, because they do in fact try the same tactics over and over, and expect a new result.

Except now the president is talking about new gun laws like raising the minimum buying age and banning bump stocks.
Posted By: Exbellicus

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 01:08 AM

Also talking about arming teachers too, which is cool.

IGDAF about bump stocks personally. They're a stupid accessory and not critical to 2A rights. Let them have that win IMO.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: z71dustin
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

Except now the president is talking about new gun laws like raising the minimum buying age and banning bump stocks.

The bump stocks can go far as I am concerned. Since it mostly young people that are doing this shooting, raising the age limit wouldn't be a bad idea. But the kids will still likely to be able to get their hands on guns.
Posted By: Exbellicus

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 01:38 AM

Idk it's really hard to justify being able to serve in a military combat unit but not buy a gun. To me that's still way too much punishing of the law abiding citizen for not enough 'greater good.' 18 is a legal adult, and should come with all the rights that an adult gets.
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 01:48 AM

I think we have given enough of this right that states shall not be infringed, to hell with them all.
Posted By: HOF

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Exbellicus
Idk it's really hard to justify being able to serve in a military combat unit but not buy a gun. To me that's still way too much punishing of the law abiding citizen for not enough 'greater good.' 18 is a legal adult, and should come with all the rights that an adult gets.

You're not wrong. up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 02:06 AM

Half of my Platoon in Vietnam could not vote or even buy a car in their name. But the politicians had no problem letting any of us get killed in some chithole half way around the world. I was the Acting Platoon Leader, and not able to vote or buy a vehicle in my name because I wasn't old enough, but the Army had no problem putting me in charge of the leadership of 33 men.

Originally Posted By: HOF

You're not wrong. up
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: luv2brode
I think we have given enough of this right that states shall not be infringed, to hell with them all.
Originally Posted By: HOF

You're not wrong. up
Posted By: edwardd

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: General Guts
Florida Gun Show: We've Never Seen Numbers Like This Before

The organizers of the Florida Gun Show, held at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa this weekend, told reporters that a record number of people attended the event this year. The event's manager, George Fernandez, says they've never seen numbers like this before — and the renewed gun control push from the Left played a significant role in boosting attendance.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house-...article/2650087

They are wanting to ban semi-autos....

Quote:
The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, the legislation bans the sale, transfer, production, and importation of semi-automatic shotguns with features such as a pistol grip or detachable stock, and ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 06:03 AM

up
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 12:11 PM

Georgia is kicking back against Delta
Posted By: Cherokee Mingan

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 12:28 PM

Bump stocks might be worthless but they shouldn't be illegal. Give an inch an they will take a foot. Also, what does outlawing bump stocks fix? nothing at all.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Cherokee Mingan
Bump stocks might be worthless but they shouldn't be illegal. Give an inch an they will take a foot. Also, what does outlawing bump stocks fix? nothing at all.

I agree, as much as I don't want/need one, doesn't mean YOU cant !!!!!

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw

With the new dem proposal to ban semi-autos, they also want to ban the Marlin 60 since it can hold more than 10 rounds.

"semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. "
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: edwardd
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw

With the new dem proposal to ban semi-autos, they also want to ban the Marlin 60 since it can hold more than 10 rounds.

"semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. "

The Marlin 60 does not have a detachable magizine.
Posted By: tailchaser93

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 03:27 PM

No but it holds more than 10 rounds

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: tailchaser93

Yeup, it's a straight up semi-auto gun grab is what they're trying to push through.

A semui-auto rifle, pistol, or shotgun even having the ability to accept a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds will be reason to ban that firearm. Not too far of a stretch to say the 1911 will be banned because there are high-cap mags for it and they can accept a magazine that holds more than 10.

Also banned would be "production" - making your own and "transfer of" - inheriting or gifting to others. They want all semi-autos gone within a single generation.

Dems aren't willing to negotiate or appease, they want everything.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: edwardd
Originally Posted By: tailchaser93

Yeup, it's a straight up semi-auto gun grab is what they're trying to push through.

A semui-auto rifle, pistol, or shotgun even having the ability to accept a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds will be reason to ban that firearm. Not too far of a stretch to say the 1911 will be banned because there are high-cap mags for it and they can accept a magazine that holds more than 10.

Also banned would be "production" - making your own and "transfer of" - inheriting or gifting to others. They want all semi-autos gone within a single generation.

Dems aren't willing to negotiate or appease, they want everything.

And that's why I say, F them all.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 06:48 PM

If an 18, 19, and 20 year old is not mature enough to buy a gun or drink alcohol, then they should still be considered a juvenile. they should not have the right to vote, should not be able to join the military, should not be tried as an adult in court, should not be able to enter into a legally binding contract, etc, etc. If they are adults at 18, treat them as adults at 18, along with all that comes with being an adult, including being able to purchase a firearm. Geez!
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/27/18 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: unclebubba
If an 18, 19, and 20 year old is not mature enough to buy a gun or drink alcohol, then they should still be considered a juvenile. they should not have the right to vote, should not be able to join the military, should not be tried as an adult in court, should not be able to enter into a legally binding contract, etc, etc. If they are adults at 18, treat them as adults at 18, along with all that comes with being an adult, including being able to purchase a firearm. Geez!

Exactly.

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/28/18 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Originally Posted By: unclebubba

Exactly.

X2
Posted By: Charlieb68

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/28/18 02:51 AM

How about if you are old enough to work full time and pay income taxes then you are old enough to have all 10 of the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights without restriction.

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/28/18 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Charlieb68
How about if you are old enough to work full time and pay income taxes then you are old enough to have all 10 of the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights without restriction.
up
Posted By: Cherokee Mingan

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 02/28/18 12:59 PM

Everything yall are saying makes too much sense. It would make a liberals head explode.

Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 03/01/18 06:09 PM

What is the end game here? What is going to eventually happen? Where is this going to take America?

Will it be like folks thought back in the Civil War? All this just makes them easier to shoot?

It seems neither side is going to budge and only become more enraged.
Posted By: breadman

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 03/17/18 01:47 AM

the punishment doesn't fit the crimes in the USA , if they would juice these nut jobs for mass killings mabey that would get the attention of the next one !!
Posted By: snake oil

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 03/17/18 06:04 PM

Bump stocks are dumb. If you want a full auto pay for the gun and buy a tax stamp........
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 03/18/18 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: snake oil
Bump stocks are dumb. If you want a full auto pay for the gun and buy a tax stamp........

So let’s think this one through.

$300 for a legal acessory that increases rate of fire so I can spend more on ammo.
$30K for a legal firearm that I have to pay an additional tax on and has to be tracked so I can spend more on ammo.

nidea

$30K will buy lots more ammo to shoot using a legal acessory. up
Posted By: Marc K

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 03/19/18 02:03 AM

The point is not whether any of us want, need or like an item. It is all about the RIGHTS of law abiding folks.

Arguing about bump stocks or similar devices, simply throws the focus off of the real issue. It's like arguing about what weapons/ammo are not needed for hunting...........

These are simple, but effective ploys to steer the dialog and bury the concepts.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 03/19/18 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Sniper.270
What is the end game here? What is going to eventually happen? Where is this going to take America?

Will it be like folks thought back in the Civil War? All this just makes them easier to shoot?

It seems neither side is going to budge and only become more enraged.

The left might have to get their nose bloodied to learn they will never get the population to disarm, not even "assault rifles". But you can be sure the politicians will be giving the orders to bust down my front door, they won't be leading the charge............but the blood I spill will be on their hands.....and they will only stop the bloodletting when they realize they will lose votes, not more lives.
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 03/26/18 01:28 AM

WTH are they going to do about the millions of semi-autos here in this country now?
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 03/26/18 11:53 AM

Turn them in? Compensation?
Posted By: tehachapi

Re: GUN CONTROL BACKLASH - 03/27/18 04:38 AM

You vote for a Democrat and you deserve to have your right to own a gun, any gun, taken away from you. You will also deserve to have your privilege of hunting, hunting anything, taken away from you. You will get no sympathy from me because you're an idiot.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum