Posted By: Cast

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/14/16 07:10 PM

Liberals hate themselves.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/14/16 08:06 PM

mad
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/14/16 09:14 PM

I know the families are hurtimg, and I know that horrible tragedy shouldn't have happened, but this is just rediculous. If he'd used a hammer would they be suing Stanley? This is a waste of time, money, and public resources. I can't wait for the cries of rage when Bushmaster wins and countersues for damages.

edited to add: I know it sounds course, but from what little I understand, all Bushmaster has to prove is that the weapon did not malfunction and that it left the factory as a legal sale. Beyond that, they can wash their hands and feet of the situation.
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/14/16 11:25 PM

This will not go anywhere. Who's next, Ford,Buck,Klein?
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/15/16 12:00 AM

Looks like Bushmaster could say that weapons of that design, used by the military, are fully automatic machine guns.

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/15/16 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: DannyB
Looks like Bushmaster could say that weapons of that design, used by the military, are fully automatic machine guns.

Why would they say that? And...they're not. So it could have been much worse? Yeah, they're gonna' lead with that. Help me undertand?
Posted By: mikei

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/15/16 12:31 AM

Complete and utter Liberal hogwash, in my humble opinion.
Posted By: txwildcat

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/15/16 01:03 AM

the lawsuit argues "It argues that the legally purchased AR-15 used by Adam Lanza in the attack should never have been sold because it had no reasonable civilian purpose."

hammer

Are we talking about an AR15? That is a joke--I dont know how many pigs and coyotes I have shot with mine. It is my normal rifle to carry at the lease--when it is not deer season.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/15/16 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: txwildcat
the lawsuit argues "It argues that the legally purchased AR-15 used by Adam Lanza in the attack should never have been sold because it had no reasonable civilian purpose."

hammer

Are we talking about an AR15? That is a joke--I dont know how many pigs and coyotes I have shot with mine. It is my normal rifle to carry at the lease--when it is not deer season.

Yeah, but we shouldn't be shooting little animals anyway. According to one thread on here, it "makes them sad." roflmao

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/16/16 12:33 AM

Soooo...applying that logic, I'm not a carpenter (far from it, in fact I suck at carpentry), so I can't have a hammer and a bag of nails? As a matter of fact, someone really should take these from me.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/16/16 10:10 PM

Let's say that the liberals win this one. What is next, a DWI wreck where someone is injured or killed and they sue Budweiser (or who ever) for the alcohol, the vehicle manufacturer for not making it drunk proof, the satiation that sold the gas. Where does it stop.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/16/16 10:14 PM

It stops with tort reform.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/16/16 10:17 PM

Tort reform stops with the Hildebeest.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/17/16 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
I know the families are hurtimg, and I know that horrible tragedy shouldn't have happened, but this is just rediculous. If he'd used a hammer would they be suing Stanley? This is a waste of time, money, and public resources. I can't wait for the cries of rage when Bushmaster wins and countersues for damages.

edited to add: I know it sounds course, but from what little I understand, all Bushmaster has to prove is that the weapon did not malfunction and that it left the factory as a legal sale. Beyond that, they can wash their hands and feet of the situation.

If Bushmaster counter sues it will not speak well of any compassion of the gun industry and owners.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/17/16 06:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
Originally Posted By: DannyB

Why would they say that? And...they're not. So it could have been much worse? Yeah, they're gonna' lead with that. Help me undertand?

My post was being as simplistic, in an overly complicated BS battle, as I could be.

Is the issue the appearance or the function? An AR is a semi-automatic civilian rifle. An M-16, or whatever number they applied to a 40+ year old design, is a full-auto weapon.

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/17/16 12:47 PM

Ah, gotcha'. I was putting way too much thought into that. Making it an apples to oranges argument would help.

As to the other point point about a Bushmaster countersuit not looking good, what choice does a company have? They have a responsibiity to their shareholders to defend themselves and recoup losses. It's just solid business practice that any other business would persue. I know a gun business is not any other business and they need to wear more makeup in public than others. That being said, they may have a case for making the countersuit procedings closed and all parties gag-ordered, since public release would likely cause further damage to the company's brand. confused2
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/19/16 01:29 PM

The parents who sued Lucky Ammo lost and the judge ordered them to pay the Defendants legal expenses. The parents are having to file bankruptcy because of the $200,000 judgement against them.

What worries me is that is it would not be difficult to find a sympathetic jury in Connecticut to rule in favor of the Plaintiffs. But their ruling will effect our gun rights in more 2A friendly states like Texas and Alabama.

I hope the Plaintiffs lose and are ordered to pay the Defendants legal expenses. The change in PLCAA should come from Congress, not the courts.
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/20/16 07:27 PM

Trial date is set for April 3, 2018.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/21/16 01:45 AM

This is why you don't elect or appoint liberal democrats judge seats. When is America going to learn. Waste of tax payer money
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Bushmaster lawsuit may proceed - 04/21/16 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
This is why you don't elect or appoint liberal democrats judge seats. When is America going to learn. Waste of tax payer money

We don't learn, until it hits us in the face and is "actually" part of our lives. Then it's too late.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum