Texas Hunting Forum

LTC lead times?????

Posted By: topwater13

LTC lead times????? - 03/02/16 12:24 PM

I submitted all the documentation the week before Christmas. A few weeks later txdps sent me an email stating they received them and stated they will notify me via snail mail if anything else is needed. I haven't received anything else since the initial email. I guess I will wait some more. Anyone else have this issue? Its been 10 weeks.

Thought I'd better edit....I don't have a criminal record of any sort.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: LTC lead times????? - 03/02/16 01:59 PM

They have been swamped. There was a surge at the end of the year. A lot of classes are full.

I have heard different accounts of how long they have to complete. But I do not know for sure if there is a hard cap. They say they want to keep under 10 weeks, but don't think the auto approve after 10.

You can try to check your status on the website. Log back in and look for a place to report s change of address
Posted By: rdhibbs

Re: LTC lead times????? - 03/02/16 05:34 PM

This is a direct copy and paste from the DPS web site. Number three down the list in FAQ.

DPS will make every effort to issue your license within 60 days of receiving the completed application packet. If the application is incomplete or requires additional information to complete the background check, you will be notified in writing.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: LTC lead times????? - 03/02/16 08:43 PM

10 weeks is a long time, only took 3 to get mine. They must be swamped.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: LTC lead times????? - 03/04/16 08:42 PM

Currently, they are running about 60 days or a little more. Best thing to do is, submit everything and FORGET IT.

Don't even bother checking your 'status' for at least 6 weeks.

Re: LTC lead times????? - 03/07/16 07:52 PM

I call them at 7am this morning.....after a 45 min hold I was told they were just overwhelmed with applicants at the end of 2015. Times are running 70+ days to get the permit. Also, checking your status online isn't even an option....I was told that that link hasn't worked, nor been updated in some time.
She basically told me they've had all of my documentation since 12/23/15 but I just need to wait longer.
Posted By: Couzin

Re: LTC lead times????? - 03/08/16 01:54 AM

My wife sent in everything by 19 Dec, she just got her license on Friday, just showed up with no change on the DPS website. Like said, just a bunch of folks applying, and those that wanted the short class time.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: LTC lead times????? - 03/08/16 02:54 AM

If you log back in. It will add report a change in address after acceptance.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: LTC lead times????? - 03/11/16 04:18 PM

There is a thread on here and has a pretty good list of wait times....As for the website updates, I've read it is hit or miss. Some people get their plastic before it updates, others see the update then get their plastic after.

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=82957
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: LTC lead times????? - 03/11/16 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
There is a thread on here and has a pretty good list of wait times....As for the website updates, I've read it is hit or miss. Some people get their plastic before it updates, others see the update then get their plastic after.

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=82957

Yep. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Been a member there for over 10 yrs. so I have seen 'wait times' fluctuate over the years. Right now....DPS is SWAMPED with submissions and they are processing them as fast as they can.

As posted previously, the best thing to do is just forget about it. I wouldn't even bother checking the on-line status...since your LTC will have mailed before the 'status' is updated anyway.

I understand folks get anxious but calling to check on a submission will NOT speed things up.

Re: LTC lead times????? - 03/11/16 05:11 PM

I was told 60 days is around average for new submissions. For the people at the end of last year I've heard of close to 100 days though.
Posted By: Phlash

Re: LTC lead times????? - 04/27/16 04:50 AM

Wife and I submitted our applications by mail on March 3rd, and we received our
LTC licenses yesterday. I never saw a status on the website.

Re: LTC lead times????? - 04/27/16 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
I was told 60 days is around average for new submissions. For the people at the end of last year I've heard of close to 100 days though.

Yes...I submitted everything the week before Christmas and they had received all docs into their system by 12/31/15.....license showed up 4/20....120+ days later.
I called my state rep and coincidently received a call within a week saying everything was approved and it would be in the mail shortly.
Oh well.

Re: LTC lead times????? - 05/02/16 03:53 PM

At 71 days I got a website change, still waiting on the plastic to arrive.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum